Home Discussions General Discussions
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

About that new fruitcake exclusive killer charm

This makes it sound like we have to go through the same bullshit once again like we did when trying to get Dwightcrow. If that's true, i'm not even surprised they don't care about our feedback this time either.

"Halloween Event" btw LMAO

https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1334226450908667905?s=20

Comments

• bobcat946732bobcat946732 Member Posts: 850
    edited December 2020

They haven't said how many uses each code gets so hopefully it's more then before. Also, if it takes place all month then everyone has plenty of time to get one but it's still such a faff to try and get.

Edit: It is 10 codes but there are console specific only ones so ehh. Still a faff on though.

Post edited by bobcat946732 on
  • MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 11,134

There are definitely going to be console specific codes for this event so console players will have the same chance to get the charm that PC players do, which was the main issue on the previous event.

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 4,274

It's just a charm anyways. You can't even see them as a survivor really. I don't even see the appeal in them myself.

As killer you can at least make them out on the hook and sometimes notice it.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 2,357

The limited charms codes like this are so obnoxious.

• LapisInfernalisLapisInfernalis Member Posts: 1,268

Many content creators tried to make it fair for console players with the dwightcrow charm. i.e. they gave you some minutes to put it in and then posted the last number/letter in chat.

i tried to get it 3 times by watching a fog whisperer with not so many viewers, but i didn't get it. after that i didn't bother anymore.

it is sad to see that they do it again. at least i hope there will be more than 10 uses per code.

Apparently they only saw the pc bias in the codes being the problem, not the rest of it that was obnoxious.

This. Also saw them have their swf buddies and mods be jerks to people that were there for the codes - not even demanding just asking if they were doing them because they didn't watch stream from beginning. 🙄

Nope, they already moved to feedback and then completely deleted the other post about this charm. 😂

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

This cake cannot be compared to the Dwight charm.

Literal polar opposites. I'm not interested in a cake charm.

• JesyaJesya Member Posts: 1,051

more than 1 post was deleted.. this will prolly be gone soon too.

Burying your head in the sand won't change how the playerbase feels about this and this dumpster fire DLC.

• DabihwowDabihwow Member Posts: 1,944

Yeah I saw that, at this point we need to what's going on within the dev team, this chapter unacceptable and this 'charm' is unacceptable, I just wanna know whats goin on, we deserve to know why they make these decisions, we as the players deserve this, its unacceptable.

• cheetocultleadercheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,035

I mean this honestly? Why take people out of your game in their free time to try and farm a code from many streamers who were annoyed with the last round of codes. I'd think the appeal of having so many fog whisperers is advertising the game to people who don't own it.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 171

This is a really bad way to dole out content.

I work at a job. I do not have the time to sit around and watch people play this game with the client open so I can hopefully slam in a code before a hundred other people.

I said it on the other post. Not only did they only pay attention to one piece of what made DwightCrow obnoxious but they also are ignoring people's complaints about the survivor wait times. There's complaints there's not enough killers playing so solution is killer only exclusive charm that will pull killers away from playing to go watch someone else play the game? Makes sense.

• SupernautSupernaut Member Posts: 1,248

ARGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

NOT AGAIN!!!!

Honestly cannot believe we are having to go through this again to get our bling.

Sadly the completionist in me is compelled to get these damned things. Is there word of when they are going live?

:(

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 1,665

Some people are definitely going to keep the stream running in the background while playing, and as soon as the streamer announces that codes are coming they will disconnect to be able to enter the code. It might not happen a lot, it almost certainly won't be a large number of players that does this, but some will, and then four other people will have their match ruined.

A much better and more sensible system would be to unlock the charm for everyone after the event. Want it early? Watch a stream. Or just wait until the event is over.

• SupernautSupernaut Member Posts: 1,248

Appears they are live now.

Lucked in and got mine already. I can go to bed now...shame I've got to get up for work in a few hours.