Home Discussions General Discussions
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

Are you used to people DCing?

YordsYords Member Posts: 2,410

Taking a break from talking about chapter 18 for now.

I have noticed that even with the DC penalties, people still DC quite often. It is kind of funny, sad, and pathetic how some people DC.

I literally have a video I recorded of me playing PP head before his uhh "nerf" where I played with no perks and addons so I could figure out his strengths and weaknesses. It seems that there was a duo who were trying to be toxic and failing miserably. They immediately DC'd after I downed them for the second time each.

Same for survivor, it still upsets me but I still expect it to happen like every other game.

But the fact that I immediately predict or react almost instantly when someone DC's is kind of sad really. "Alright, looks like I'm in a good spot. Time to hook the steve and pressure the others off of the ge-(DC) I need to pressure the survivors off the gen in the building without pop :(".

Comments

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 1,928

you'll never solve permanently the DC issue, DC bans are just a way to mitigate the problem.

• DaKnightDaKnight Member Posts: 720

Depends on what killer I am playing, or how wrecked they got. I had soooo many DCs when the penalty was off, for the most petty of reasons. People would take one look at my killer and DC.

A lot of people just suicide on first hook now, which is still better because I get credit for it; in both perks and points. Sometimes it causes a cascade of suicides since nobody wants to waste time in a 3v1 which is understandable.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 2,318

Even when the dc penalties get turned off its not as bad as when I started playing when most matches seemed to have at least one dc in them. Usually the first survivor after being downed, sometimes the killer if ruin got blown up straightaway, sometimes something else.

Also games that started with only 3 or even less survivors which I don't miss either

• PurgatorianPurgatorian Member Posts: 269

Almost all my games yesterday at least one either disconnected or killed themselves on first hook. Mostly they dc'd before their first hook, at least let me get my bbq stack before hitting leave match.

If people dc the killer should get bp equivalent to how many hooks they had left and a stack of bbq if dc happens before first hook.

Two days ago, I loaded into a game, found, chased and downed a survivor then we got kicked out saying someone disconnected during loading the game. Really? It took that long to determine this?

• Boddy604Boddy604 Member Posts: 182

I started out as a doctor main and the ragequits got so bad i had to learn other killers just to have a normal game.

"Hacks! You didnt miss a single aoe all game! Reported!"

Bruh... I run Whispers. I never miss them.