Home Discussions General Discussions
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

Make Killer Adept 4K

I'm really losing my patience with this. I milk the crap out of survivors in the most unbelievably boring manner and yet I still don't get it. From excessive slugging to prevent the hatch escape to letting silly unhooks happen for the sake of devout points. Even by doing everything right you can get robbed by stupid emblems such as gatekeeper that's honestly feeling EXTREMELY random at times, or even chaser when you're obligated to chase a survivor near a hook and it starts tanking your score.

This is insane. This is braindead. It's not impossible, but it displays absolutely no skill from the player. It doesn't help that most perks that aren't meta are absolutely useless and you'll often be running no-perk killers. I don't understand why this is horribly difficult but survivor adept can be done by the biggest of potatoes.

Just change it. It requires no effort. If you can't change the achievement, have 'Merciless Victory' be distinct from 'Merciless Killer', prompting it when a 4K occurs. Done. Voilà. Ez pz. I don't get why these easy fixes are still there shelved and forgotten when you [BAD WORD] out an adept every chapter.

Comments

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 2,784

I have to agree that is way harder to Adept a Killer than it is a Survivor. They just have to get out alive using their basic Perks. The Killer has to get a 4K using only the basic Perks. I wish I'd done these guys when I was playing back in the Potato Ranks. It is nearly impossible now that I only fight Red Ranks. Imagine trying to take on a squad of Red Rank Survivors with only Dying Light, Save the Best for Last, and Play With Your Food. It suffices to say I haven't managed it yet.

Heck, Survivors get the odd game with Santa Killers who don't interact with them and just let them do all the Generators and get out. Instant Adept. :) I've yet to run into a group of Survivors that line up dutifully and let me dispatch them. I would find that boring, of course, and wouldn't want to do that, but it is probably the only way I'll Adept some of these guys now without purposely holding myself back so I drop back down through the Ranks. And let's be honest, I don't approve of that. I think it is pathetic.

So that leaves me stuck and unable to Adept shy of a miracle. I have to agree with the original Poster that for Killers, if you want it to be comparable to how it easy it is for Survivors, is simply require a 4K with that Killer, and no Perk limitations, or for Pete's sake, at least least us bring one non-basic in our 4th Slot.

• JHondoJHondo Member Posts: 609

I had to hold myself back for a few (Meyers, Plague, Death Slinger, Nurse, and Blight) Before the DC penalty was put back in place I spent a day just DCing late game to depip and told anyone in post game on PC "Sorry for the loss of escape points but I'm DCing for adepts" most were pretty cool about it and showed sympathy while others just didn't say anything.

Probably gonna have to hold back with the Twins too given how the devout Emblem is bugged for them, how Victor doesn't count for chases, and how slug heavy they need to be to do pretty much anything against high ranks.

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 1,928

until emblems are reworked to actually match the killer ability it would be a good solution; just not so braindead like it was before, when you could adept with ebony mori and ultra rare add-ons...