Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Freddy nerf expectations?

2»

Comments

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Reduce the effect of snares

Survivors only fall asleep in the radius the lullaby. Survivors now hear the lullaby when awake, and the terror radius when asleep.

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

In the recent Q&A it was mentioned that Freddy will be getting changes because he is overperforming.

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 3,210

They inevitably have to tamp down on Freddy's "all the things to do absolutely everything a killer needs to perform extremely well" bucket of awesome. Here are some possibilities, in my mind (I'm not saying do all of this stuff, these are just the types of things I could imagine them considering):

• Cut down on the total number of snares that Freddy can have active at once.
    • Introduce a short cooldown between snare placements.
    • Increase either his teleport cooldown or its activation time.
    • Reduce or eliminate the action speed penalty that the dream world imposes.
    • Nerf a lot of Freddy's more troublesome add-ons, like the jump ropes and dresses.
  • ElenaElena Member Posts: 2,188

Yet people still complain about Legion and nothing has been done

• WishIcouldmainWishIcouldmain Member Posts: 3,940
    edited December 2020

They looked at statistics like most things. And despite legions complained annoyance. His kill rate isn't enough to justify a nerf.

• nursewannabenursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

What I hope:

• wake up automatically whenever a gen gets done (why doesn't it happen already? They literally "light up")
    • remove bloodlust whenever using snares (every other killer loses bloodlust for using their power ######### - remove bloodlust entirely from the game btw)
    • remove his ability to spam snares with 0iq, increase the time it takes to cast them, something like that
    • remove his ######### passive phasing
  • CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,804

I expect they will most likely hit the Dream World and the sleep mechanic. Right now Survivors just passively fall asleep with the only input from Freddy is if he hits them when awake. This means that even if the Freddy isn't playing well survivors will end up in the dream world and empower Freddy.

Survivors can wake up with the alarm clocks, but they are spawned the farthest away meaning it's often not reasonable for survivors to go awake themselves up either.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerfThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 358

They're nerfing him from stats which is ridiculously flawed way to nerf something. But ds with all the evidence and proof of it being insanely strong isn't being changed at all.

The people who are balancing this game has absolute no clue what they're doing. Ds is on a 60 sec timer which is 10 years of time in game but for some reason pop gets nerfed for having to much time?

• landromatlandromat Member Posts: 2,193

CD on his blood pools, or maybe setup animation

• DeliciousFoodDeliciousFood Member Posts: 457

Remove his microsleep and temper the snares a little. Penalize faking out a teleport a bit more. He's fine otherwise.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 5,666

TaLkInG LiKe ThIs dOeSn'T mAkE yOuR ArGuMeNt SeEm InTeLlIgEnT,

Freddy's powers are fine, the only issue are the slowdown addons, and there's that.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 5,666

The issue is not his height. His weapon is shorter but has the same reach as others, that's why his lunge looks bigger.

• RepostRiposteRepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

They should let survivors crouch over traps to prevent those 3-gens/2 survivors scenarios where nobody can do anything because if you even try to progress the objective one of his 9 snares that completely block off the generators will let him know where you are. And even when you do manage to wake up and work on the gen for a few seconds he'll just waltz back around with his insane mobility to smack you silly.

• ILoveDemoILoveDemo Member Posts: 681

Tbh Freddy players need to get gud because they are the worst people to go against in many ways.

• sudintlinksudintlink Member Posts: 185

I mean they could buff it but at least it was cool snares are just lame

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,457

I hope they just make it so all alarm clocks can wake you up.

This simple little thing would change so much

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,113
    edited December 2020

I hope they don't really nerf him in terms of strength. I'd like to see his power get changed so it takes more than 3 brain cells to use and in exchange he gets some buffs or good changes in other areas to compensate.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,830
    • snare to slowdown mid chase, spot a survivor, defend a hex
    • dream pallet is much better than madness pallet (you dont know its a fake pallet until you drop it, madness pallet can spotted at close range)
    • see survivor highlight
    • hard to see him in distance
    • ignore borrow time when as sleep
    • teleport between gens
    • oblivion when as sleep

I actually wish Killers to have alot of tools to use like Freddy, but his basekit is too much. May be make it harder to put Survivors to sleep, but sleeping survivors will get more harm than survivors able to stay awake

• Freddy cant see awake survivors highlight, only sleeping one
    • Passive putting to sleep get removed, only affected when in TR, being hit

I think only these would be enough.

• AltarfAltarf Member Posts: 1,043

I think they need to rework his add-ons as a whole, not just the action speed ones. Most of them are garbage like more penalty on missed skill checks or haemorrhage. Aside from that, make snares harder to use and maybe a bit weaker as well, and nerf the passive sleep so that its actually a benefit to wake up and not wasted time like it is now. If they touch the teleport I'll be very upset, cause that's the most skillful and difficult to use part of his kit. All the other elements are close to braindead to use, but the teleport actually requires thought.

They have to make sure not to over-nerf him; just make him harder to play but only make him a little weaker. And no, as much as I loved old Freddy, it was a sorry state and we should not go back to that.

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,298

just change his snairs

• MichaelAMyersMichaelAMyers Member Posts: 292

that's it??? ######### I have ran circles around freddy's and me and my roommate both have numerously escaped them he isn't broke or OP just a really complex killer to play properly.