Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I get that people want an LGBT character, but...

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,897

I guess we have to look up all the other threads about DS,Noed,Spirit etc. too because they are barely ever constructive 👀

• I mean there isn't much sexuality in the game in general so I don't overly care myself. It's kinda like how the dev said, not much room for that kinda thing really in the entity's unending trial realm.

I am not opposed to it either, I mean I never really cared about any of the story in this game, so I mean they can do whatever it won't affect me any.

• ChekitaChekita Member Posts: 183

Makes no difference whatsoever for me if the character is LGBT or not. Can't understand why make a fuss about it either way. If they want to do virtue signaling or not I couldn't care less. I only care if the perks of one character are good or not and if it is well done design wise, memorable, interesting and different from the others in some recognizable way (and good outfits).

I don't get it why people get goose bumbs for either side, it's just a complete waste of time. What should matter in my humble opinion is what I mentioned above, specially for this kind of game that has very little interaction with history and knowing the characters, despite the lore. This is not an RPG.

• HittingOnHookHittingOnHook Member Posts: 486

I checked the previous post by @Orion and there were clearly more "Vote Up" against than pro

• sudintlinksudintlink Member Posts: 185

The tiktok side of this community WANTS there to be a character whose only personality is being LGBT so they don't really care

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,660

To the OP:

Why not?

we already have several characters with mentioned heterosexual relationships despite the devs stating in the beginning they don’t want to confirm anything. They have contradicted themselves and revised their statement. Rewriting the lore for those characters is not an option. Also they are writing more and more lore for every character.

why should everything LGBTQ+ be excluded? It’s not only about sexuality, it’s about individuality, relationships, friendships, struggles in life (like a coming out) etc. It would be very unnatural if none of the chars were LGBTQ+. It would be okay to exclude everything in this direction but that’s not possible anymore. So there is either direct exclusion or inclusion.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 13,301

Pretty sure it was just bad wording on the OP's part.

However, I believe OP is referring to a situation that could arise. An LGBT character instead of a character who is LGBT. One is a character who solely exists to appease part of the community, the other is a character that exists in the same manner that all the other characters do, they just happen to be LGBT.

I'm not sure how likely the former option is, but I could see it happening.

Just according to the recent Q&A stream and how they included straight relationships etc there is no basis to assume there will be a char that only exist for LGBT+ representation though..

I'm aware, which is why I said it COULD happen, not that it would.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 19,903

And that's why the devs have held off of just shoving in that one of their existing characters is gay. So many gay people love David (from my experience anyway) and so just go "btw guys David is gay have fun", but they want to actually do it properly and do it justice, like they have with Zarina and Elodie and Claudette; the fact they're non-white isn't an integral part of their lore (I mean, it is for Zarina but it's not all she's about) and yet people adore Elodie because of how she looks; it's good representation. That's what they're wanting to do for an LGBT+ character (in their own words, anyway, we'll have to see how it pans out) and honestly go BHVR for that.

If you don't care about LGBT representation you shouldn't have any issues with having them in the game. Let the people who do care be happy and you can be indifferent all you like; just another survivor to kill (or escape as). If you do, you're part of the problem.

(This final statement was not directed at you, Pulsar but people in general, just in case you thought I was coming at you.)

I absolutely get what you are saying.

I just want GOOD representation, and I am cautious about being optimistic.

side note: nothing against Elodie's voice actor, but I really hate how she sounds. She is so loud, hurts my ears :(

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I Love Aloy because she's a strong lead, she is nothing like me, I am nothing like her, she's a great character. No sexuality. (Horizon)

I Love Sir Galahad because I find him extremely attractive, but we are nothing alike. (The Order:1886)

I Love Meg because we both had/have single mothers and are athletes.

I Love Lara Croft because she's a strong lead, we are nothing alike.

I hate being pandered to. I'm gay and I absolutely hate when developers jingle the "gay card" in front of my face and expect me to spend $$$.

I also hate June because it's nothing but "Look how we Love our gay community, Spend your $$$ here" then forget us come July.

If it happens, it happens. Who cares, stop asking for it, stop begging for it. Some times I just like being invisible to the World, stop looking at me and seeing only my sexuality. We are more than that.

• The_KrapperThe_Krapper Member Posts: 2,386

I'm not opposed to it at all and I don't think the OP is either, but nea and legion are already LGBT in my eyes and I feel like people don't even want it for the game itself but just so they can feel better about the lore speaking of it but I just don't see why it should just like why should they have anything that mentions being straight in the lore? I've read most of the lore but I'm not so into it that I would go buy a book on this ######### that's for sure lol and I think that's where this is coming from is people like me who don't care either way but don't understand why it's brought up like a real life issue in a video game, that's the best way I know to put it

edited December 2020

It could be considered to belong to the ‚Q+‘ part of the LGBTQ+ community though.

but I don’t know exactly, there are also the I and A s that belong to the community and much more, i am not really up to date on that topic.

This discussion has been closed.