Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I'm starting to understand why no one plays with the Twins

At first I had a lot of fun with the Twins, but as you get higher in rank it starts becoming a sweat fest, and it's not hard to see why. All the power is in Victor, but if you play as Victor none of the perks that you have equipped apply.

Tericho uploaded a recent video talking about this, and he had a similar experience that I did where perks like Tinkerer went off, but I had no way of knowing because I was using Victor at the time. Charlotte has no power at all, so naturally you're incentivized to use Victor as much as possible. Simply put, I think there needs to be more of an incentive to use Charlotte. Maybe kicking Victor should be a high-risk, high reward situation where if you kick Victor, Charlotte goes into an enraged mode like Oni where the kicker is exposed for 20 seconds. But at the same time if you kick Victor, it also benefits the survivors because it increases the amount of time for Victor to respond back into Charlotte.

I don't know. Either way I think there needs to be a buff with Charlotte because as it is playing a game with the Twins means that half the time you don't get to reap the benefits from any perks, and that's rough.

Comments

• SweetTerrorSweetTerror Member Posts: 2,427

I could see that being useful. Personally I think that Victor trapping survivors in lockers should be extended from 10 seconds to 13 seconds to accommodate for Charlotte's 3-second cooldown when switching from Victor.

• lagostalagosta Member Posts: 1,682

Twins have a very peculiar profile and take the "some perks are good on some killers" to another level. If you really want to use them effectively, Charlotte should act as a sentry in the middle areas that you want to control sending Victor around as well as slugging bc you can be at 2 places real fast. Equip Corrupted and take Charlotte to the middle of the open gens zone and harass ppl with the baby. Dowsey has some good content on them.

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

As I’ve previously ranted, I’m also sick of how most red rank survivors easily dodge Victor’s pounce. It’s pretty infuriating being in matches with survivors that can’t be pounced on and getting kicked for a single miss.

• Healthore77992Healthore77992 Member Posts: 556

Hmm, i don't think that's really an issue, i play Twins a lot, god knows how many games i played with them, I've only encountered 2 times that survivors jump in locker when I'm chasing them with Victor. Like i said, Victor shouldn't be destroyed after successfull hit, also i would add that we can see the aura of the survivor who is carrying Victor.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,486

I have been playing survivor since the twins release and still haven't vs them yet. Guessing the twins aren't worth the time.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,327
  • Freddy96Freddy96 Member Posts: 688

The twins are stronger than people can realize, there are perks where it doesnt matter if you are victor or charlotte: corrupt, ruin undying, discordance shows explosion bubble, etc.

Like I said, they are a lot of fun. They're unlike any other killer on the roster. But there's a reason why you hardly ever see them. Since the Twins were released, I've only ever came across them twice, which encouraged me to play as them since I never see them. After playing with them for a while now I'm starting to see why.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

It's kind of necessary though. The amount of snowballing that Victor can do is obscene, and you can't ever get away from him: he's always going to hit you no matter what unless the killer makes a really bad error. Letting him go on a rampage like that with no way of stopping him if multiple survivors are injured would be ridiculous.

But there is also no point in attacking them if they are together, you will just get punished for using him, i don't think it would be an issue, if he misses you smash him, if he hits you don't, that's 50/50, fair for both sides

But you're not going to miss, that's the problem I have with them. He's not counterable whatsoever, if you're injured and Victor's around you may as well just sit there because you're not gonna avoid him unless you're in a Haddonfield house or something where Victor literally can't get to you because BHVR definitely put a lot of thought into this killer's power.

Actually hit is never guaranteed, it's like saying you will always miss, you can run around objects and not fall for the trap of waiting, even a small objects like tree can take some time from him, especially bigger loops and 360s

• Freddy96Freddy96 Member Posts: 688

Looping trees is enough to counter him, the smaller the loop the easier the counter. If you loop a victor on straight loops like tl, jungle gyms or everything that has a straight line he's gonna hit you 100% times. Plus he's not like hatchet hitbox where the collision is a small dot while the hitbox is a beachball, the whole victor has collision and even if he slightly grazes objects between you and him he's gonna fail the attack.

• Demogordon_RamsayDemogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    edited December 2020

Welcome to Twins. They're easily the worst Killer in the game. Victor is so much easier to counter than a lot of people on these forums realize to the point where a Survivor who understands what the counters are can basically render him almost as bad or even worse in chases than Charlotte.

And he can't pick Survivors up or use Perks.

And he can be kicked for doing literally anything.

They're so bad it's insane. It baffles me that people think these Killers are not only good, but top-tier. Genuinely baffles me. I would literally rather play perma-tier 1 Myers.

Me and a lot of other killers I've seen have not once missed a guy at a tree or small loop, and if they don't go down instantly it takes them maybe 5 seconds to figure it out. It's not exactly rocket science, you double back on the tree and then charge pounce, or you fake the pounce and run up closer to them.

• StarshadwStarshadw Member Posts: 266

I actually think Twins are over-powered at the moment, with how easy it is to simply tunnel and slug, especially on certain maps where there aren't a lot of obstacles and turns to help with evasion. If the Killer keeps up pressure so no one can heal, Victor becomes a one-shot, and then everyone is on the ground bleeding. It's actually incredibly annoying

• hardtimefunhardtimefun Member Posts: 293
    edited December 2020

what annoys me the most about the twins is that the fact a survivor have victor on their back doesn't stop them at all from using pallets and vaulting windows which should have been the main thing Victor should do to survivors, and also keeping victor for too long will put you into the dying state, I can't understand why it's not base kit, and why you don't see the aura of the survivor Victor is on, it's a really really bad base kit

• CountVampyrCountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

What I dislike most about them is their lack of tracking ability. Victor can’t see red trails and Charlotte can always see Victor, EXCEPT when he is latched onto somebody. How the hell does that make any sort of sense? If she could see him when on somebody at least it would stop people from abducting him. Soooo stupid.

It's nice to know that survivors can't do important things like repair generators, cleanse totems, or heal, but I agree that it's kind of odd to still engage in chases and vault windows when you have a demon on your back! LOL

I never understood that either. If Victor is on someone's back and other survivors are around that survivor, then Killer instinct will go off, but not for the survivor he's actually on? Very bizarre design choice indeed.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,804

While Victor can't use perks when being controlled there are still perks that can be used effectively. Ruin works regardless who is control. Deerstalker is useful for finding slugs after Victor downs survivors, BBQ/Thrilling are tracking that work when you do pick up a survivor and hook them.

The main reason I think people aren't playing The Twins is because there's only 1 effective way to play them and there's no room to deviate from that playstyle.

Yeah that's true. I don't like to camp and I don't like to tunnel, but you have no choice since Charlotte has no power, and Victor can't use perks. The only other viable strategy I've seen is using Victor to protect hex totems. Naturally you're stuck with Charlotte all match, but that just means you need to have a build that supports that.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,828

Idea: Victor injures survivor

Design: Victor cant see scratch mark, but blood

Idea: Charlotte finishes survivor

Design: Charlotte cant see survivor Victor is on

Then wonder why players play in opposite way