Home Discussions General Discussions

This event is poorly thought out and incredibly one-sided

13»

Comments

  • FrauZockinskyFrauZockinsky Member Posts: 27

    @TheBean said:
    Not sure if someone said this or not... Didn't read all the responses.

    Once you fill your vial you don't gain anymore bonus points for hooking survivors on event hooks.

    So once you fill all your vials... Will you still be able to fill vials?.. I don't think so. So you won't be able to get any more bonus points for hooking on event hooks once you fill all 30.

    So same problem for killers? Well, that decision just sucks than. If I rembember correctly (and I'm reasonably sure I do) in the other events you could still collect the extra bp when you had all the coins (or whatever). Why would they take that away...

  • Dr_doom_j2Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 556
    TheBean said:

    Not sure if someone said this or not... Didn't read all the responses.

    Once you fill your vial you don't gain anymore bonus points for hooking survivors on event hooks.

    So once you fill all your vials... Will you still be able to fill vials?.. I don't think so. So you won't be able to get any more bonus points for hooking on event hooks once you fill all 30.

    Wait is this confirmed? Because it's a bit dofferent given killers task is more difficult, they can't keep add ons, and they have to stay the whole game. That's always seemed to be the way their logic worked.. are you telling me they screwed this whole event?
  • TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320

    @Dr_doom_j2 said:
    Wait is this confirmed? Because it's a bit dofferent given killers task is more difficult, they can't keep add ons, and they have to stay the whole game. That's always seemed to be the way their logic worked.. are you telling me they screwed this whole event?

    Ignore that... Sorry... Thought it wasn't giving me the points.. But it was. My mistake.. my bad.

    So basically.. not sure what happens when you get to 30 vials as killer, if it will still let you get the points on the event hooks.

    But if it does let you get the bonus points after you've filled the vial in the match, then it stands to reason you will get them after you've filled your 30 vials.

    Which could explain why there will be more killers as the event progresses, since you will easily get way more points as killer. 5.5K per hook is huge.

  • shyguyyshyguyy Member Posts: 42

    @Dr_doom_j2 said:
    shyguyy said:

    I don't understand what the issue is here? Why do so many killers have an issue with survivors being able to continue to harvest flowers (without getting extra vials) after their initial 30? Can survivors participate in the event for its entire duration too? Killers can continue to get their 5.5k point hooks after they get their initial 30 vials, so why cant survivors? Is it just that they are the other side? We can't all have an enjoyable time?

    Are you serious? You are legitimately acting like this isn't the first balanced event. You kniw what happened most other events? Killers got cucked by survivors, over and over. Body blocking event hooks, saboing event hooks, tricking the killer to farm with them then after getting theirs, running away from event hook areas. 

    It isn't so much the fact I think the way they handeled the BP for this event is fair, I don't think it's that fair. I think it's dumb you stop interacting once you have all 30, as if survivor side isn't meager enough in return. But the thing is, survivors are crying like they just lost their first born child to this event. The level of whine over matter here is gross. Most survivors aren't even bothering with the offering on ps4 which is really annoying. Just enjoy it and shut up or don't, it has almost no bearing on most games from what I've played, aside from the ones everyone wants to farm in.

    Literally all I am saying is why can survivors not continue to get the extra blood points for the event? Why can killers continue to get theirs? Hell, lets make it so killers cant get their extra blood points for hooks after they get their 30 vials. Would that be better? Of course not because I am assuming you play killer mostly right?

  • RadiantRadiant Member Posts: 187
    edited October 2018

    My dear friend, this is so obvious that saying otherwise can only be said due lack of intellect or honesty.

  • Dr_doom_j2Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 556
    shyguyy said:

    @Dr_doom_j2 said:
    shyguyy said:

    I don't understand what the issue is here? Why do so many killers have an issue with survivors being able to continue to harvest flowers (without getting extra vials) after their initial 30? Can survivors participate in the event for its entire duration too? Killers can continue to get their 5.5k point hooks after they get their initial 30 vials, so why cant survivors? Is it just that they are the other side? We can't all have an enjoyable time?

    Are you serious? You are legitimately acting like this isn't the first balanced event. You kniw what happened most other events? Killers got cucked by survivors, over and over. Body blocking event hooks, saboing event hooks, tricking the killer to farm with them then after getting theirs, running away from event hook areas. 

    It isn't so much the fact I think the way they handeled the BP for this event is fair, I don't think it's that fair. I think it's dumb you stop interacting once you have all 30, as if survivor side isn't meager enough in return. But the thing is, survivors are crying like they just lost their first born child to this event. The level of whine over matter here is gross. Most survivors aren't even bothering with the offering on ps4 which is really annoying. Just enjoy it and shut up or don't, it has almost no bearing on most games from what I've played, aside from the ones everyone wants to farm in.

    Literally all I am saying is why can survivors not continue to get the extra blood points for the event? Why can killers continue to get theirs? Hell, lets make it so killers cant get their extra blood points for hooks after they get their 30 vials. Would that be better? Of course not because I am assuming you play killer mostly right?

    Tbh, I'm starting to realize that I've been playing survivor more than killer lately. The only killer I like to play consistently is the spirit because she's so fun and unique... for now.

    I don't disagree with you completely, the way they did the event does limit the potential by putting a cap on vials and not letting you actively participate in getting the group more points, or basically in the event at all. I think it's dumb, but that doesn't mean I agree that the event is in killers favor. If you don't like playing killer, well too bad if you want more points or to get two full costumes.

     It sucks because killers inherintly get sabotaged of their goals, but it's always much worse during an event because now you have to build around getting specific hooks (which means 1-2 perk slots you have to surrender), body blocking becomes much more common (although I will say the heal nerf may have curtailed this a bit.), and in this event's specific case, the fact that survivors won't be throwing down any offerings after a couple days, means that as a killer this event is possibly the biggest grind we've faced, not to mention you need at least 4 offerings to get a full vial...
  • Dr_doom_j2Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 556
    Radiant said:

    My dear friend, this is so obvious that saying otherwise can only be said due lack of intellect or honesty.

    That's rich, seeing as what you said is very intellectualy dishonest. But way to put the Phallic in intellectual fallacy.
  • cTrixcTrix Member Posts: 122

    @Cetren said:
    Tru3_Chemistry said:

    @Cetren said:

    Tru3_Chemistry said:

    @Cetren said:
    
    HiddenFee said:
    

    @Cetren said: Please, I'm almost halfway done with my survivor vials, getting nectar as killer is a pain in the ass.  You are ignoring the entirety of the post by saying this. He is trying to explain how once survivors fill all of their vials, they can no longer even harvest the plants for the points that the offering offers. There are currently 11 days left in the event, and every survivor that has their vial done can no longer participate in the ectra points that the offerings make available.

    You still get the points from completed as long as you burn the offering. Except you don't even have to do any of the work, just sit back and let the people who haven't done their nectar do the job for you. I fail to see how this is somehow more difficult than working your way to a bunch of sporadically spawned hooks, or sacrificing two perks slots to reach them at the cost of your abilities.
    
    
    
    So explain to me what happens when a full lobby of survivors who have already gotten their 30 vials play a game...
    

    I will personally pay you 10 dollars if you randomly queue up with four survivors who have all their vials 2 days into the event. 

    A lot of my friends play mostly survivor and have already hit the cap.

    Notice I said randoms, queue up solo, burn your offerings, farm them, and rake in the blood points.

    This guy is legit arguing against something that would only benefit him. Some people really deserve everything they get in life :lol:

  • CuukieCuukie Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2018

    Agreed with OP this event is complete trash....killers have the already existing objectives modified so they just play the game normally but have to get to specific hooks THAT ARE MARKED FOR THEM. Meanwhile survivors have an EXTRA obj they must do now that adds literally nothing to the completion of the match....in my last 15 games I've had 18 completed gens, me doing at least 1 in most of the matches. 90% of those matches had at least 1 person that would either suicide or sandbag the rest of the team after filling their vials up. Event encourages people to not actively play the game...

    The cosmetics arnt even worth the time it takes to farm them and the game is, in essence unplayable for people like me who dont care about the cosmetics because literally only like 4 other people in 15 games have even cared to try.... Literally may as well not even play survivor until after this even comes to a close....

    Literally trash 1 sided event for sure....At least with the experiences i have had since it started....

  • CetrenCetren Member Posts: 917
    cTrix said:

    @Cetren said:
    Tru3_Chemistry said:

    @Cetren said:

    Tru3_Chemistry said:

    @Cetren said:
    
    HiddenFee said:
    

    @Cetren said: Please, I'm almost halfway done with my survivor vials, getting nectar as killer is a pain in the ass.  You are ignoring the entirety of the post by saying this. He is trying to explain how once survivors fill all of their vials, they can no longer even harvest the plants for the points that the offering offers. There are currently 11 days left in the event, and every survivor that has their vial done can no longer participate in the ectra points that the offerings make available.

    You still get the points from completed as long as you burn the offering. Except you don't even have to do any of the work, just sit back and let the people who haven't done their nectar do the job for you. I fail to see how this is somehow more difficult than working your way to a bunch of sporadically spawned hooks, or sacrificing two perks slots to reach them at the cost of your abilities.
    
    
    
    So explain to me what happens when a full lobby of survivors who have already gotten their 30 vials play a game...
    

    I will personally pay you 10 dollars if you randomly queue up with four survivors who have all their vials 2 days into the event. 

    A lot of my friends play mostly survivor and have already hit the cap.

    Notice I said randoms, queue up solo, burn your offerings, farm them, and rake in the blood points.

    This guy is legit arguing against something that would only benefit him. Some people really deserve everything they get in life :lol:

    A crap ton of bloodpoints, amazing cosmetics for free, and a great event with almost no flaws? You flatter me way too much good sir.
  • cTrixcTrix Member Posts: 122

    Btw. The devs said before the event that they wanted to try out adding bonus objectives for survivors to slow the game down and avoid gen rushing.

  • KongerekeKongereke Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2018

    The real issue here is the amount of survivors not playing the game after they have capped. I'm just not playing survivor now. I'd rather sit and wait 10-20min for a killer queue to pop so that i can maybe get a vial for killer. This is all down to the mere fact that you cannot keep farming bloodpoints with the offering. It's just poor execution atleast side vs side. I play both sides mainly played alot of survivor lately.

    But i cannot even play with my friends now 'cause most of them is maxed so if i put in an offering it's just a waste. Which has not been the case in earlier events it's just super titling and this would really just fix alot of issues. Killer queues would be faster and survivors wouldn't whine as much since they'll get tons of BP's for collecting flowers instead of fixing gens. Just make it so that survivors can collect them all on a map and we've got ourselves a wonderful pimped up 2x BP event. It's beautiful in art but i have yet to enjoy playing during this event.

    And also let's talk about ruin/sloppy butcher/healing change. Isn't that enough "objectives" added to the game the healing times is so tilting. I'd rather they just add like 20 sec ontop of all the gens then sit and heal for like 40 sec everytime you get hurt.

    This is on PC.

  • cTrixcTrix Member Posts: 122
    edited October 2018

    @CTrix said:
    This guy is legit arguing against something that would only benefit him. Some people really deserve everything they get in life :lol:
    @Cetren said:
    A crap ton of bloodpoints, amazing cosmetics for free, and a great event with almost no flaws? You flatter me way too much good sir.

    That doesn't even make sense lol. How does your brain work I dont get it.

  • IncarnateIncarnate Member Posts: 630
    edited October 2018

    It is one sided and quite poorly executed, but don't expect them to fix this during the event, because quite frankly I don't think they care enough. They will make note of it, and hopefully they'll avoid making the same mistake, although I seriously doubt it as they'd rather go with their spin on things instead of making something that is balanced and is actually working. Even the feedback they get from the PTB they don't take as is, they either ignore it or take it and put their spin on it..... and apparently in their mind it doesn't have to be viable nor balanced for both sides.

  • FenrirFenrir Member Posts: 533

    I have 18 billion hours in the game and play both sides MORE than equally so my opinion is clearly more important than yours and I say...the event is flawed but not for the OPs whiny reasons. The problem is that survivors stop earning the bonus BP once they hit their 30 survivor vials. It gives zero reason for survivors to continue to play survivor first of all or play the offerings when they do. Fix that and the only problem with this even is the same problem that exists in every event; horrible players.

    Easy fix stop playing the game after your vials are full
  • KongerekeKongereke Member Posts: 10
    Bump if that is even a thing on this forum this needs to get out there. Notice us!! 
  • FibijeanFibijean Member, Trusted Posts: 6,963

    @Gunmech04 said:
    Tsulan said:


    Gunmech04 said:

    @Cetren said:

    shyguyy said:

    I don't understand what the issue is here? Why do so many killers have an issue with survivors being able to continue to harvest flowers (without getting extra vials) after their initial 30? Can survivors participate in the event for its entire duration too? Killers can continue to get their 5.5k point hooks after they get their initial 30 vials, so why cant survivors? Is it just that they are the other side? We can't all have an enjoyable time?
    

    Because then you're stealing nectar from survivors who still need it because you wanted a few bloodpoints, which is incredibly selfish and unnecessary for the event.

    Then once Killer's reach their 30 vials they shouldn't get anymore bloodpoints from the event hooks then.

    I take from your comment, that you haven't finished your killer vials.
    Maybe not even attempted. 

    What's so hard about it for Killers? You have nothing extra to do, just hooking people. That's it, no running around trying to find these stupid plants, no fighting with other Survivors for the plants. The event hooks cant be sabo'ed because Killers apparently threw a fit because we could sabo the previous ones. So tell me, what is so hard about this event for Killers? Hell you're even getting extra time to kill the Survivors because they are so busy fighting over the nectar that gens dont get done. 

    I'm going to preface my answer my stating that I'm a survivor main. I started this event playing as survivor, but then decided to switch to killer for reasons I will touch on below. I also started out thinking that killer was going to be easier, for the same reasons - guaranteed hooks, no nectar loss, and no competition for harvesting. But counterintuitively, that's not how it actually plays out.

    In my experience, killer vials take 2-3 times longer to get, in terms of games, than survivor vials. As survivor, you need about 2 and a half plants to fill a vial. So if you're the only one that burns an offering, there are still 3 plants on the map, which means you have the opportunity to fill a whole vial in one match. If other people burn offerings, that makes it easier. Sure, sometimes you won't get your vial, especially if you're unlucky enough to get found and chased before you can harvest and others get to the plants first, but the point is you have the means to do it. Most of the time, I'm able to fill a whole vial in a survivor match. And once you fill the whole vial, it doesn't matter whether you live or die, you still get to keep it, so the losing nectar mechanic doesn't come into play very often either.

    However, as killer, you alone are not responsible for your ability to fill a whole vial. When I play as killer I almost always get all the event hooks, but the problem is, there are typically only 1-3 offerings burned. That's fine for survivors, but for killer that means it's literally impossible to get a whole vial in one match, because you need at least 4 offerings burned for 6 hooks to spawn, which is the amount you need to fill one vial. Just your own offering plus the two defaults is not enough, unlike above when playing as survivor. So you're reliant on survivors to burn offerings so you can get nectar. I have yet to get a killer game where I filled an entire vial in one match, simply because there are never enough hooks.

    On top of that, it's going to get easier for survivors as the event progresses and more people complete the objectives. If other people have finished their harvesting, that means you're going to have less competition for plants, which means filling a vial using only your own offering and the two default plants becomes increasingly viable. However, for killer, the more survivors complete their objectives, the less they're going to burn offerings, which means you're going to get less event hooks and it's going to take longer to get vials.

    And that's not even mentioning the fact that more than 20% of people are playing killer right now, which means extra long queue times. I can't speak for everyone else, but because it takes so long to get vials I don't even care about killing survivors. So it's more a hindrance than anything that they're too busy geting nectar to do gens. I just want them to open the gates and get the hell out of there so I can get into a new match and harvest more nectar.

  • FrauZockinskyFrauZockinsky Member Posts: 27

    I don't understand why this discussion turned into "who's got it harder". My experience is similar to Fibijean's, but that is NOT the point. The point is, that survivors can't get anything out of this event once their 30 vials are filled and it seems that killers can still get the extra bp. Which makes the experience worse for survivors AND killers because many players will switch to killer (= more time to fill a lobby) and fewer survivors will play offerings (= more games to fill vials for killers and not as many extra bp possible per game). If both sides could participate in the event for it's whole run time, it seems to me, everybody would benefit.

  • BoxingRougeBoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    I thought the lunar event was bad...
  • FrauZockinskyFrauZockinsky Member Posts: 27

    @BoxingRouge said:
    I thought the lunar event was bad...

    well, at least there are no non stop fireworks.

Sign In or Register to comment.