Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Decisive Strike Should be One of Exhaustion Perk

smart212smart212 Member Posts: 136
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

To balance the nerf of eboni memento mori. I suggest DS should be one of the exhaustion perk. Almost after BHVR nerf the Red Mori. I seldom find killer using mori anymore. One thing to make this become balance between killer and survivor BHVR should make DS of one of exhaustion perk.

Post edited by MandyTalk on

Comments

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

This would effectively do nothing since after you are on the hook your exhaustion resets.

• smart212smart212 Member Posts: 136

But it is better we will not see survivor that bring DS and Dead Hard or Sprint Burst and DS simultaneously. They must choose perk wisely.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 18,304

It wouldn't make sense to make DS an exhaustion perk, as there's no speed etc attached to DS...so they'd have to give DS another ability as well as the original one, which will make the perk even stronger as a result. Imagine it having the ability to stun the killer and get a speed boost when dropped - that would make the perk even stronger even if you got exhaustion as a result, it's 2 abilities in one perk slot and gives the opportunity to have 3 other perks instead of 2.

• NegiNegi Member Posts: 310

I don't agree with that. Head-on is a perk that stuns the killer, giving no speed boost and that's an exhaustion perk. You could argue that stunning the killer is more useful than a speed burst anyway, as you're gonna cover more ground from a motionless killer.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 18,304
    edited December 2020

The speed is the speed that you get out of the locker @Negi hence the exhaustion part of the perk

*"when performing a rushed action"*

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,258

So your basically going to nerf Sprint Burst and DS combo? Since when you've been hooked you need to run away from the hook if the killer is tunnelling you.

I wouldn't be against you becoming exhausted after using DS like Adrenaline but it shouldn't work like the other exhaustion perks. I would say it's better to wait and see what happens.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

Head On gives exhaustion for jumping out of a locker in a somewhat more intense fashion. I can imagine getting pretty tired after stabbing a killer with an invisible stabby thing that totally exists and isn't just the survivor hitting the killer really, really hard in the shoulder. And also getting dropped on the ground at what should be an extremely awkward angle but somehow still landing on your feet and immediately kicking off into a normal sprint. Gotta take some effort, surely?

Not that I'm a fan of the concept - in the strange alternate reality where DS is an exhaustion perk, it would probably just be old DS but on a 40 second cooldown. No, thank you.

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 3,394

This nerf doesn't make sense tho, DS is hated because it can be used for invincibility with Unbreakable and that it lasts too long, your nerf just makes Survivors easier to tunnel, which doesn't really fix the DS issue.

• CirocbandCirocband Member Posts: 17

I disagree. Decisive Strike is fine just the way it is. It’s also a skill check. Killers can one hit down you with no skill check or anything. They can also remove their terror radius or reduce it. Survivors need a perk that allows them to survive the many advantages that the killers have. Not to mention the killers are faster than the survivors as far as running speed unless the survivor has a speed perk on. I believe it’s balanced.

• kaijudanekaijudane Member Posts: 139

That's actually a pretty good idea. I don't like killers stacking the deck in their favor so it should swing the other way too.