Home Discussions General Discussions
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

Do you want Killers with high or low skill cap?

I'm wondering if you want a killer with high or low skill cap. I am talking about upcoming killers (even if we don't know their power, which one do you prefer?)

Comments

• lagostalagosta Member Posts: 697

Somewhere where you feel rewarded while investing your time at. Not such a dreadful learning experience as a nurse, not something shallow like a Wraith.

• YordsYords Member Posts: 2,410

High, low skill killers will make survivors complain if they are good like freddy

• SaintDorksSaintDorks Member Posts: 227

I want them to be fun..But not totally helpless to a team with communacations.

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 3,768

I absolutely agree.

Blight is a perfect example for this.

You can still use his power for mobility,even if you're bad with it in chases.

But once you master him you'll be a force to be reckoned with

• Grandpa_Crack_PipeGrandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 508

It's the difference between pinball and wrecking ball.

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 663

I'm fine with the variety. However, strength should correlate to the skill-cap.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,881

Don't care either way, I just want some killers where the core power design isn't based on how a survivor can void the killer's effort.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 4,576

High skill caps are best, because if a killer has a low skill cap then they need to be relatively weak or it's just unfair.

• AggressiveFTWAggressiveFTW Member Posts: 766

Wraith is an example of this. Is there any way of making him a high skill cap killer?

• skylerboundskylerbound Member Posts: 54

A mix is good. I would much prefer console adjusted as well so the gap between PC/console isn’t so stark.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 4,576

Probably not, his power is very one dimensional. But perhaps if they did something with his reappearance time and post-uncloak lunge to make it more viable to use in loops without making it oppressive?

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 3,654
    edited January 5

Something in between.

A killer should have a skill cap high enough to allow for a legit "master level" but still low enough to allow for "consistent performance" once you put enough time in said killer.

Example for a killer with too high of a skill cap:

Imagine there was a killer that could nuke the map if you hit the power key/button as soon as it's ready.

The explosion radius depends on how good your timing is. If you time it averagely well it has the explosion radius of a peanut making it useless.

If you time it precisely at 0.1 sec as soon as it's ready the explosion radius covers the entire map and kills everyone.

That skill cap would require superhuman reflexes making the killer both broken+op AND inconsistent+anti-fun

Post edited by Yamaoka on
  • KebekKebek Member Posts: 2,261

Both, simple effective killers are equally important to have as hard to play strong ones are.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,903

Both, so there's Killers for everyone.

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,389
    edited January 4

Easy to learn, hard to master. But always ballanced, no matter how good of a player you are.

Best example for that is Hillbilly.

• FFirebranddFFirebrandd Member Posts: 772
    edited January 4

Both. Blight, Nurse, and Deaths longer (my phone has renamed Deathslinger apparently) are all great. However sometimes I am just not awake enough to make them work.

When that happens I need my resident edgy teens who absolutely do not require precise aim.

• MasterGritMasterGrit Member Posts: 270

High for sure. It make you different from normal killer.

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 2,404

I just like a mix of killers. Let those individually decide who they love and may main.

The rest is irrelevant to me. I don't care if people think they are weak, OP, Ez. I play them because they are fun to ME, speak to ME or are just [BAD WORD] cool!

The rest can be decided in the fog.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 4,171

Both high and mid

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 2,573

Why would you ever want killers with a low skill cap? That's how you get really boring killers. I'd much rather have a killer that I constantly need to practice and have something to learn, than a killer that I know everything about in 30 minutes of gameplay. That's why I like Blight so much.

• MewMew Member Posts: 1,322

it doesnt matter to me as long as they’re fun to play and play against

though, no killer should be as easy and strong as freddy imo

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 1,546
    edited January 5

Survivors complain about high skill killers like Deathslinger/Nurse/Spirit(Without strider) and bad killers like Clown/Wraith....

So using what survivors complain about as a metric is about as useless as a paper mache umbrella in a rain storm.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 1,954

I would agree with having a high skill cap is better

A killer that is hard to master shows player improvements with that killer... and survivors adapting to the killer

• YordsYords Member Posts: 2,410