Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Guys, what is this game of 2 mins and 26 seconds?

Comments

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,450

This is rare enough that it doesn't affect my day-to-day experience too much, but it's a good example of how the game isn't balanced for SWF. It's technically possible for four strangers to decide to do this in the lobby, but we all know that's not what happened.

• Moonman157Moonman157 Member Posts: 94
    edited January 2021

That is totally effed up, and I have no idea why anyone would want to play like that. My problem with these videos and I guess to some extent this game in general, is that in public matches you don't really know what you're going up against. If you knew you were going up against this team with this loadout beforehand would they have been as punishing. Like it still would have been #########, but with a different killer, loadout and a general knowledge of how they were going to play could you have put up much better fight? They were playing a tournament style match and you weren't and that sucks and is unfair. But I'm not sure if these videos say much when it comes to overall balance issues.

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 828

Why are there 3 hook states then, if not to require the killer to hook someone 3 times. That's the objective.

Seriously? You're just trying to defend something that's completely irrelevant

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,897

That's just a balance kind of thing.

What am i even defending? O_o

Just wanted to correct you that 12 hooks is not the objective but rather killing all 4 survivors.

• Th3NightmareTh3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,119
    edited January 2021

Wasted time? Do you know that I go DIRECTLY TO THE GEN they are repairing? Putting puddles on the ground FREDDY doesn't slow down, what are you telling me? The game lasts 2 minutes and 30 seconds, the first chase does NOT last 1 minute why ... 3 generators? and then I find dwight and in less than ... 1 second I'm already out, do you think you're defending ... did I play badly? Are you crazy?

• xXCAM3R0NXxxXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387

That is insane, definetly a swf with mad gen rush skills. And a great choice of perks to use their toolboxes aswell.

As soon as you noticed gens getting done fast, you should have just left the first person you chased and went around for others. Although this most likely wouldn't of stopped gens getting done in 5 mins, it would have certainly stopped them a little and especially since you have Franklin's, this was definetly the match you could have gotten great potential with that perk.

But honestly you did well for what you were up against

• C_FrankC_Frank Member Posts: 179

It is clear that in the game it shows that there is an imbalance in the speed that the survivors could repair the generators, beyond some other error of the killer. It is also clear that it is not a common game and hopefully you have a game like this 0.1% of the time. What is not clear to me is what completely breaks the game: combiantios of perks, perks stack, items and BNP.

• NickMilianNickMilian Member Posts: 36

It sucks when this happens but it's clear that it's a coordinated 4 man SWF - this wouldn't happen against solo / duo players to this extent and doesn't reflect the average match. If they're happy to wait 5-10 minutes for a lobby just to rush through the game with 4 BNPs then that's on them and can't imagine their games must be that exciting.

However the flip side to this is being slugged at 4/5 gens by the killer then being one hooked so I wouldn't say it was a one sided issue.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,593

Speedrun.com has a DBD category 🎶

Just a fun fact.

• nameisloopnameisloop Member Posts: 1

Yes, how they played was pretty ######### and unfair, but at the same time you’re playing ruin undying Freddy. You are now probably going to assume I’m an entitled survivor main, but I’m rank 1 on both sides and have my hours pretty split between the two (and if anything more hours on killer). This counter-less and extremely boring game is more or less the killer equivalent of going against a ruin undying Freddy. This is why when I’m in a 4 man swf, we don’t do this, and when I play killer, I don’t run ruin undying.

• StarshadwStarshadw Member Posts: 266

Games like these - on both sides - are just not fun. When most of us are waiting in the matchmaking queue for 10+ minutes, we want to actually get to play and enjoy the game, not find ourselves in and out of a match and back in another 10+ minute queue in less than five minutes.

This is why I wish our concept of "win" conditions were different. If the focus was more on accruing bloodpoints and enjoying the game, and less about sacrifice/escape, I think we'd all be a lot happier.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,018

My favorite part of this video is watching freddy set up vs trapper. Yeah, put traps literally everywhere. No downside!

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,960

You had ruin but you continued long chases away from your gens. They had free reign to sit on gens because you didn't pressure. You noticed the gens going fast but didn't worry. I think you could have changed the outcome but you decided the match was over. What if you camped the 1st person as rebellion for the gens going fast and then you downed more when they tried to rescue? Or if you sat on 3 gens? So many variables can affect matches and so one video doesn't show survivors are too strong or killers are weak.

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 3,362

While yes, that game would of been very hard and I mean VERY hard to win, there was still a chance. But you made some mistakes which made yourself dig a deeper hole.

• NicholasNicholas Member Posts: 1,801

The objective is to escape or kill, how you get there doesn't ultimately matter. The game doesn't care that you got there via an accelerated path. You can escape without doing a single generator, you can kill without a single hook. I just don't see while you're trying to draw a distinction between the two.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,679

The Emblem system punishes a killer who insta downs and kills survivors. The lesser hooks and hits, the more likely he wont pip.

• thisisntmaxthisisntmax Member Posts: 229

Seems like someone doesn't have enough game delay perks smh

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Corrupt might have helped a teenie tiny bit, adding maybe 20-30 seconds to the overall match length.

Yeah, the time it would have taken them to run to different gens.

All the gen slowdown perks need a overhaul/massive buff. None is really good at what they are supposed to do.

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

This only holds true for most matches. There are Killers with certain loadouts that have an edge even over strong teams, Spirit with Yakuyoke+MDR with Ruin/Undying/x/x for example. Now that I think about it, that´s propably the only loadout that´s left that has a significant advantage over a good team.

The biggest problem is, that the game isn´t balanced around SWF. Because for whatever reason, the devs treat it as if no one would play SWF.

The game was never designed with all the information or coordination in mind, a SWF team could reach.

• PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,155

Equal preparations is the key word. If a Killer brings strong add-ons and an ebony mori while the Survivors bring nothing at all, those players didn't prepare equally for the match. Surely there are certain loadout that are strong than others but as Killer, having to rely on them to become somewhat even with the Survivors power is a bit ridiculous.

• Exerath1992Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

Well, he did okay, no glaring fails. Not the best at mind games and he definately didn't use his snares effectively. But you gotta bring your A game to beat a SWF with 4 new part toolboxes.

• just apply pressure