Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

"Avoid as Killer" option post game

I would like to see an "Avoid as Killer" option at the end of each match. There are killers I just simply do not want to play against. If I'm not having fun and having a constant annoying and toxic experience with the game then I would like to be able to avoid matches with killers who make those experiences happen to me. Just something I thought about that could potentially make the game a lot more fun and enjoyable for survivors.

Comments

• KateMain86KateMain86 Member Posts: 618

Absolutely. Lets be fair for all. Let killers avoid survivors they don't want to play against too. I'm just really feeling pushed away from this game lately and I feel like soon I may just not want to play anymore. The mori change was appreciated but I feel like much more needs to be done to make the game amore enjoyable experience.

• maderrmaderr Member Posts: 251

Players can change the killer they play. What the OP is saying is "avoid this player" to not play against this player. It would be a good thing, all morons would not find any games after some days of playing as everyone would avoid them (camper/tunneler).

It would be a purification of the toxicity by the community.

• CaleegiCaleegi Member Posts: 397

This will cause problems because all the higher tier killers will be left to matchmake for ageeeeeeees because everyone rather have the easier killers.

• ClarityOfWillClarityOfWill Member Posts: 125

Terrible idea, what happens when 4 soloq's all end up in the same lobby and have 5 killers each on their "dodge" list. Matchmaking would be atrocious and players would abuse the hell out of it to get matched against "weaker" players.

• maderrmaderr Member Posts: 251
    edited January 2021

Yes it is sad that players became like this. i'm quite old and when i was playing competitive 15/20 years ago (hell i'm old), players loved to play against really good players.

I was top EU on one game, top 3 in some official tournaments etc... and when i was coming on a server in FFA, everyone was like "hey, it's him" and everyone was trying to outplay me and tried to level up as much as they could without any complaint or flame...

Players that were banned were cheaters and trolls, that's all :<

Well, old times i guess.

Well I just had another match where the killer decided to take me to basement and stand still beside me the entire time. My team did try to save me but they just knocked me right down again both times and of course used their mori on me after the 2nd time. This is why I will never recommend this game to anyone. Toxic behavior like this ruins the survivor experience.

This game NEEDS an avoid or block option for killers that survivors do not want to play against. I do not want to play against killers that are going to camp me until I die. I don't care if the feature will have a limit or whatever. I just want an option to block certain killers from being matched up against me. There is no reason to play against a killer that camps you.

• ASurvkillivorerASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,438

Pretty obvious why this would be like the worst idea ever.

• NoOneKnowsNovaNoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,125

It would be abused (and this goes for both sides if both had it).

Killer or survivor was better than you? Blocked

Killer played as someone you didn't like facing? Blocked

Survivor used a certain item? Blocked

Killer or survivor used a certain perk you dislike? Blocked

• Avarice10Avarice10 Member Posts: 482
    edited February 2021

Actually these would be the killers I'd want to avoid, including deathslinger and PH, I don't really enjoy playing against them.

The other killers, for the most part, I enjoy because there's generally a good/fun chase interaction with them.

This system could work on the condition survivors can only opt out from playing against 3 killers max.

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 3,203
    edited February 2021

This is one of those ideas that might sound good, but after you think it through, obviously it would be rampantly abused. Queues are already horrendous enough as it is.

• CaleegiCaleegi Member Posts: 397

This would be abused and a very bad problem due to people only playing with the killers they like and not killers like Oni, Spirit, Bubba, etc. This will then make other problems worse like matchmaking.

• cyniChriscyniChris Member Posts: 172

Survivors would use that option for every killer they die against and we all know it. This will lead to those killers not getting matches, and quitting the game. You know what that means? Longer queue times for survivors.

We need more people to play killer, not less.

• SocialDistomancySocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

LMFAO you must really enjoy long queue roflmfao I really do hope they do this since it won't hurt killers in the current state of the queue

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

match making is already bad and this would be used to avoid good killers.

oh you faced a god nurse blocked

oh you faced a good billy blocked

oh you faced literally any spirit blocked

oh you didn't like how this killer won blocked

oh you can't find a match? wonder why.

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,065
    1. cannot work in the current state of the game (implying it can even work in an Asymmetrical game to begin with, even Overwatch didn't manage to make it fully work.)
    2. will be abused, main reasons why reports feel like they don't do anything
    3. will just screw the mmr.
  • CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 3,629

All that would happen is survivors would use it to avoid playing against good killers. Then survivors will complain about queue times becoming even worse.

• EvanSnowWolfEvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Exactly how long do you want your queue times to be?

I would gladly wait longer for a better chance at a fair and fun match.

That is why you put limits and durations on it. You're also trying to speak for all survivors when you know that is not going to happen after every match. A lot of survivors love going against super try hard killers.

• LexTalionisLexTalionis Member Posts: 135

While your intentions might be noble, this would be abused, pure and simple. People would avoid players who outplayed them. If this was to be implemented, then it would need to be like Blizzard's system in Overwatch - you can avoid a maximum of 3 people at a time, and for 7 days only. It can't be permanent and it can't be for everyone at once. And it would need to be for all sides (survivor and killer).

All that said, it would also royally mess with the matchmaking system, making it take even longer to find games for survivors. I don't see this as being a positive change for the game.

Or you know it would be used by me to block killers that harass me in post game chat and then face camp me the next time they're matched up with me. There is a proper way to implement it that will be helpful and generate a better community.

That would end up hurting the survivor player too in the long run and honestly I don't see most survivors doing this. Also as I mentioned before there can be limits on how many you can block in a week's time. Perhaps a small number can be permanent and the rest can be avoid as killer for just a few days.

The hope of this feature would be to create a better community and give players the opportunity to avoid playing against toxic players. Limitations would be a way to avoid abuse of the feature.

• KirkyladKirkylad Member Posts: 1,928

Oh god I have to wait to long for a survivor match as is imagine if we then blocked some of the ones that are left.

• landromatlandromat Member Posts: 2,017

Hell yeah, Screw huntress and her hitboxes

This discussion has been closed.