Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

A reminder than Decisive Strike makes Killer gameplay atrocious.

Comments

• VexTheHexVexTheHex Member Posts: 982
    edited January 2021

I get hit by it here and there unfairly, but the ones who act like it's a every game thing happening to them multiple times are obviously the people that it was made to counter. Anymore I heard the argument the Killer is just THAT GOOD that he or she is redowning the same Survivor after hooking another one, playing a game of monopoly, and checking every gen in the map before DS is off cooldown. Hilarious. If they are that more skilled than the prey, they should have no issue eating the DS or ignoring the survivor for a bit longer.

Only nerf I could see is making it so repairing a gen or doing the gate deactivates it. Not sure on the locker idea people throw around, after all the killers cry about Unbreakable... the locker is the other option to not be slugged for a minute or 2. But on the flip side, make it multiple use to help with the tunneling issue more so.

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,265

I don't understand the hate people have for getting DS in a locker. If your chasing a person and they happen to go into a locker and you grabbed them then you still tunneled that person. Therefore the stun on you was justified. Its no different then vaulting a pallet or window and getting grabbed when you just got off the hook.

• Wesker09Wesker09 Member Posts: 159

Not really? I'll have games with no obsession and people get tunneled to death. Have an obsession and the killer will still tunnel. A lot of killers don't care lmao

• VexTheHexVexTheHex Member Posts: 982

They are mad they can't slug the person and wipe their feet off on them till the timer runs out. It's the other counter play to being slugged besides Unbreakable... and well they want that nerfed as well.

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I don’t even outright tunnel either.

If I just happen to spot someone I know was recently unhooked, then my mind immediately goes “let’s see if they have DS, and let’s get rid of it”.

Same if an unhook occurs in my face before I can even leave. “Sorry bud, but I want to force you to use your DS.”

• JPAJPA Member Posts: 1,685

The locker forces the killer to grab, leave, or wait out the timer. If they just carried on running the killer could just slug them instead. If they say on a gen I assume they could be slugged with a lunge attack (and no grab) but not 100% sure

• JinSimeJinSime Member Posts: 405

Well, the perk's quote is something like "there's nothing to be scared of", so I think that's why some people can not feel scared when with it. But then again, why would you go after the Meg with DS? You can just chase all other survivors or take the DS... it only works once, just as unbreakable.

If you were just being too good in chases, taking the DS may feel unfair... but it's probably not gonna stop you from killing them anyway.

What do you do if they don't have the DS? I assume you waste another 20 seconds and allow them to wriggle free, to risk being associated with tunnellers, since obviously only tunnellers are affected by DS!

No, I'm assuming you hook them anyway..so your counter to the anti tunnel perk is to tunnel them.

Yeah great perk XD

So why not just leave. Isn't thats what's best for the killer to patrol?

Patrolling is obviously required but is not the best strategy at all stages of a game, based on map, team etc.

It's not optimal for the killer to leave a survivor who they already know is playing aggressively and will jump on a gen as soon as they're back is turned. But its basically the only choice.

No. They get hooked. After that I might give them a break if say another unhook in my face occurs, or slug them a few times so they still have a chance to participate.

It totally depends on how competent the team is, and whether that particular survivor was being a douche or not.

Well I assume getting stunned is the worst case scenario every time and if you are presented with an opportunity to be stunned all ways the best solution is to avoid that even if it's not the best thing to do.

Anyways all the problems about DS would be fixed with just a time change. Maybe 30 to 45 seconds.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,877

Well said, partner. Sometimes I wish I could face the old DS again. Sure, it was extremely strong, but at least you could get rid of it at the very beginning of the trial.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,830

Find a survivor

Chase for two hits. Maybe losing one or two gens.

Pick up survivor.

Stun

Chase survivor again for another gen.

There's your old DS experience you wished for. At least now you can get that hook before they stab you.

• Withered8Withered8 Member Posts: 1,160

Just a reminder that without ds, survivor experience would be miserable as it would mean free rein over the ability to tunnel and force survivors out of the game.

1. Killers can already do this if they really want, DS just delays them 20-30 seconds (or longer with BT)

2. No one's asking for removal, just lowering of the timer and maybe also a few tweaks around deactivating the perk if the tunnel-ee performs offensive actions such as fixing a gen

• Withered8Withered8 Member Posts: 1,160

You make the timer shorter and by the time the killer downs and picks up the survivor again it would have ran out, current ds is very effective at punishing tunnlers and if it is nerfed significantly, i would imagine there would be plenty of loopholes found to bypass it.

If you made it so the person could not repair or heal without deactivating the perk I don't think it would be too bad. You could even extend the timer in this case, or not pause the timer while the Killer is in chase with the survivor.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 20,582
    edited January 2021

Reminder being tunneled off hook every game isn't fun, makes survivor gameplay atrocious, and DS existing even if it's not in the game prevents this ❤️

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773

This but if being chased the timer doesn't go down. True anti-tunnel not anti-momentum and would punish tunnelers more than it does currently (which is not much).

• Cable2486Cable2486 Member Posts: 249

This right here. I play the game just the other night where I down and hooked one, they got rescued and I went after the rescuer, Who had borrowed time and was there for a bigger priority. I down and hook them, and the previously mentioned Survivor comes back and gets down before they manage to rescue their teammate.

At this point, the original Survivor then crawls near the hook waiting for me to pick them up. now let me be clear that it's extremely obvious this person has DS, and is waiting for me to pick them up so they can stab me, rescue their friend, and allow both of them to get away. So instead I ignore the person on the ground and decide to wait the 60 seconds for their DS to be up. this results in me camping because I refuse to leave and allow two people to escape just because of one crap perk.

The hooked player then sacrifices themself on first hook, and proceeds to report me for camping, and call me a bunch of nasty names over messenger.

This scenario is extremely common these days because of second chance perks being so rampant. Killer mains should not be subjected to constant harassment because our only counter play to a perk is to sit and wait.

• HarlowXRavenHarlowXRaven Member Posts: 191

Personally, I don't think ds is a perk that is supposed to be an anti-tunneling perk so yeah. Survivor main here its like a get out of jail free card nothing more. There nothing u can do to stop tunneling ds is only like a couple more seconds of your life you'll just die again. Its made so that people can escape possibly and for SWF. I have seen nobody mention this maybe it wasn't made to stop tunneling Devs know that killers have to tunnel. it is Mostly for higher-level survivor players who can hit the skill check. If they want an anti-tunneling perk they should make a new one altogether. Just my take on it I have ds but not as a teachable perk yet plus it's only one use so its kinda waste of perk many of the swf I play with don't really use it maybe one person in my team.

• AnnoyedAtTheGameAnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

Ds should deactivate as soon as your healed. Do a gen l. Cleanse a totem. Open a chest etc.

I hooked a player other day. Went accross map to get another survicor. Hooked then.

Someone hooked my other survivor i ran into them downed them and boom ds.

I had already hooked a different surcivor. How is that even possible.

Ds needs a massive nerf.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,877

Maybe you're right. However, remember that you could just keep juggling the survivor (if he was the obsession) and they would not be able to use DS. Those who were not the obsession had to reach 35% wiggle to escape, something that could be denied by downing the survivor next to a hook. Like I said, it was extremely broken, but I truly wish I caould face it again, just for these counterplays.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,830

Then the Devs increased the drop penalty.

(A change the Devs said was always supposed to be three drops but was bugged. Which they then reverted after DS was changed)

That drop change really hurt legit drops due to body blockers.

• Komodo16Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

People are scared of DS. That's why they lose. Even otz doesn't lose to DS and when he does its because the team is actually food and he was too focused to notice

Correct. Being scared of DS is usually a contributing factor to losing.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3XxxEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

Post edited by MandyTalk

• carnage4ucarnage4u Member Posts: 338

You don't understand the game very well if you believe anything you just said.

• CaleegiCaleegi Member Posts: 402

Killers camping and tunneling make survivors game atrocious.