Home Discussions General Discussions
The celebrations continue. :sparkler: The Entity has extended the Gilded Stampede event by an extra week. Log in daily to redeem 50,000 Bloodpoints for each extra day until the end of the event on March 4th 11AM EST!
https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/lunar-new-year-2021

Should You Run DS In Solo Que?

2»

Comments

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 1,100

When I used to run DS all the time, I slowly realized that it didn't even come into play in many of my solo queue games. It could swing the match for you, or it could go completely unused. Nowadays I try to stick to perks that guarantee value every game (Kindred for example) and I feel like I'm a better player for it. Just my experience.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 4,171

If you want to reach rank 1as a survivor just run borrowed time

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 2,781

This, exactly. This guy said it better than me and in far fewer words.

• gatsbygatsby Member Posts: 1,627

Honestly, Decisive Strike is bad in solo queue because its less abusable. In a SWF, you can tell everyone that you have Decisive and they can play accordingly to try to force the Killer to pickup.

In solo queue, plenty of Killers have no intention of tunneling and you'll never get to use your perk slot.

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 3,677

Play how you want.

Personally I never use DS. I think it’s terribly overrated.

The perk can only be used once. If a killer is hell bent on tunnelling, DS isn’t going to stop them.

• ChchchcherylChchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,058

As a survivor I've used DS on a killer once, needless to say I just got more intensely tunneled,and I only ran it because my SWF forced me to!

I avoid it at all costs!

Personally when I play killer I'm also much less likely to give you a second chance if you had a ds you were very willing to use on me! You've had a second chance why would I give you another, though I'll never super tunnel someone because they used it!

• Alphasoul05Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 179
    edited January 11

I usually never run it because there are better perks if you're playing solo. The amount of time I run DS and never get to use it is so high that I don't use it. The only reason I run it sometimes is because, for some reason when I don't run DS, NO ONE ELSE HAS IT and its easy for a killer to tunnel. So I literally waste a perk slot for the sole purpose of the threat of making the killer see I have DS and other people may have DS.

It's kind of messed up when just the idea that every survivor MIGHT have a perk that is incredibly strong makes a killer play completely differently. But hey, what is balance to this team

• xEcoLog1cDuk3XxxEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 384

I use MoM to give the impression of DS in the match to the killer from the Obsession because my "teammates" are yellow or grey ranks.

• VenzhasVenzhas Member Posts: 407

Since 90% of killers tends to tunnel I ALWAYS runs DS

• valvarez4valvarez4 Member Posts: 457

In Easter Europe servers you use ds 9/10 games. Without it you need to uninstall the game

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 1,894

Yes, solo queue should use DS as just in case you never know.

My usual solo build doesn't use DS but I've had to play matches with no obsession so it is harder.