Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.5.0 PTB Feedback

New HUD is a downgrade

stargazer9stargazer9 Member Posts: 643
edited January 2021 in 4.5.0 PTB Feedback

The number of gens left. This shouldn't be on the top center, move it to the lower left corner or something.

Killer's hook counter. Why is that a thing? Also the placement of it is so random. Either remove it or place it somewhere else instead of having it float there.

The character portraits. They don't fit in with the game's aesthetics, use the adept icons instead or maybe design something similar.

Ever since they've released that Dev Tapes video there's been a lot of posts on here with great feedback on how to improve the HUD, I was hoping the devs would check these posts and change a few things. I like the info the new HUD gives us but the placement of everything looks messy and the UI looks like that something you'd see in a mobile game. This is only the PTB though so hopefully they could make some changes because right now the UI looks cheap, cluttered and all over the place.

Comments

• stargazer9stargazer9 Member Posts: 643
    edited January 2021

1. In the video it was stated that you wanted to do more things with the UI. Does this means there will be more additions and if yes, any information available?

If that’s what they’re planning then they should really rework the new UI first before adding more stuff to it. It would be a disaster. Hopefully we get a response from one of the devs.

• aerafieldaerafield Member Posts: 47

I really dislike the new HUD as well, you have to move your head way too much to get all the information

• aerafieldaerafield Member Posts: 47
    edited January 2021

The new character pictures & hook counter next to the name of the player are a good addition, everything else should be reverted in my book

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,458

Sadly the per survivor hook counter is for survivors only. the killer only gets the homogenised hooks per game one.

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,435

might make things too cluttered. and a bloodsplatter wouldn't be that great for a conveying information quickly either

• Terr0rwristTerr0rwrist Member Posts: 67

The new Hud is very bland looking. I prefer the older one. Would be great if they made it optional to switch between old and new.

now adjust the size down to that on the HUD. barely identifiable

and put it into grayscale to see how some colourblind folks will experience it.

Like, the stylized portraits would be good, but there needs to be more of a visual difference.

I think the hook progression could simply be the cirlce it is on the ptb now around the portrait. The obsession tendrils could go just around the name, maybe.

• MedeaMedea Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2021

The new HUD having different sized icons is rough. Also, I cannot increase the size of the survivor part of the HUD, but my perks are way too big - I brought them, so I already know what they are - why are they huge while the fast changing, in-game information like Generators and other survivors are tiny. If they are claiming the UI size can be altered, why can't I make them larger than 100%? - Before release, it needs more variation of what size you can use, and at least make the relevant data large and the known info (your perks) smaller.

I like the addition of some kind of portrait, but I second the avatar style over this cartoon. It's not obvious at a glance anymore when someone is injured. Bad design.

Also, I'd like the generators back at the bottom.

Steam player.

That you put work into these is great, but... think about how tiny they'd be on the actual screen.

They would not convey information

• stargazer9stargazer9 Member Posts: 643

These look great and I love the level of detail but I agree with @MeltingPenguins they will be a bit difficult to see the difference. That said, the survivor status HUD in the PTB is terrible anyway. It’s hard to tell when a survivor is injured and it’s difficult to differentiate a healthy survivor from an injured one due to the color and size of the icons and portraits.