Home PTB Feedback Archives 4.5.0 PTB Feedback
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

Skills Checks in PTB

SpirezSpirez Member Posts: 626

I dont know what changes you made but maybe its the UI and HUD rework but skill checks are super super smooth now. And its amazing! Please keep skill checks this way. I also like the skill check background redesign as it makes the skill check easier to see.

Comments

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 2,616

For some reason with the new smooth Skill Check I don't hit the Great area that often, idk what could it be, on live server I can hit them like 95% of the time, but in this PTB like 25% of the time...

• SpirezSpirez Member Posts: 626

Maybe its muscle memory. Perhaps youre used to the skipping and have adapted to hit great skill checks with the live version timing. With more practice and smoothness I believe you'll probably be able to hit skill checks 99% of the time with the PTB skill checks.

• PyroGLPyroGL Member Posts: 222

Funny, I had this same problem when I played the mobile DBD for the first time. The skill check meter is butter smooth and instantly reacts to the finger press on mobile, but PC DBD skill checks are jumpy and sort of "slide" after pressing space. You are likely missing checks simply because you are used to hitting the checks with the old UI/ timing.

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 2,616

Yea, it's probably because there is a slight delay in the live version before the Skill Check actually hits, so that could be why, because there doesn't seem to be that dealy anymore.

• GingerBeardGingerBeard Member Posts: 99

Yeah I noticed this immediately. Couldn't hit any greats at first due to muscle memory, but I got a lot better at it after playing some games.

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 4,320

Yeah it's awesome.

Freddy doesn't turn skill checks into instant failure anymore which is nice