Home Discussions General Discussions
The celebrations continue. :sparkler: The Entity has extended the Gilded Stampede event by an extra week. Log in daily to redeem 50,000 Bloodpoints for each extra day until the end of the event on March 4th 11AM EST!
https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/lunar-new-year-2021

Scott puts things into perspective

Comments

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,995

I think the only reason DBD has lasted this long is there is no real competition. It's like when a new MMO comes out. There's usually an exodus of players moving to the newer game because they are bored of the old one.

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

If you "love" something, sometimes you need to let it go...

• onemindonemind Member Posts: 1,161

Guess well have to wait for a new head of behavior and hope they see what this game can do assuming it's not dead when that happens

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 3,731
    edited January 13

I would say it's not about the devs.A lot of them are really trying their best and love this game.

I would say it's more about the company BHVR itself and their higher ups that are responsible for the state dbd currently is in.

Yes and no if your agreeing with 1st then your maybe new or you haven't gotten to the point where entering a game feels boring

And you can't shame people for buying things

It does look like they are bring back old lunar events there was a leak for the offering related to that event and its description is the same as the old offerings but who knows 6 months to change a few perks mb it will take 2 weeks to change an offering

Mb I ment to cancel that post because it was a stupid thought but it's there

• AggressiveFTWAggressiveFTW Member Posts: 760
    edited January 13

I agree with 100% of all his points in that video. I know there are many people that want a chapter dedicated to game health, I think that would be great, however, I doubt it would change much. I mean just look at the patch notes, they're not big at all! I mean even the patch notes of new chapters are not big either.

• naughtyboyjamesnaughtyboyjames Member Posts: 700

It's because it's the only game of it's genre and we're scared of losing it?

• C_FrankC_Frank Member Posts: 162

The devs are not the problem they are not lazy. Competition could help. I believe that the DBD is a victim of its success. top10-20 only on steam. As it is, the game works and makes a profit. There is no reason to touch the core of the game or some balances that would lower the number of players. The nerf of ruin and undying is proof of this. If we are hostages of this game with our complaints or criticisms

• NeverBuyingTomesNeverBuyingTomes Member Posts: 23

You're scared of losing a project that is steadily declining in quality so instead of asking for what you paid for you just smile and eat [BAD WORD]? So it can continue to devolve? Dude, get a clue.

• Nosferatu3145Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 436

This thread needs to be moved to feedback at some point.

@Almo @Peanits please listen to us

I gave you too much room,you had take advantage.sit here in eat [BAD WORD] MF I'm the reason people are saying anything.No one complaining about the hacking, lag switching, or the state of the game just [BAD WORD] totem spawns GTFOH.If you look at my post complaints on what needs to change,but rather not talk to you ever again.

• KellieKellie Member Posts: 1,032

The Devs need to look at this. I 100% agree with Scott, the developers of DBD need to step up their game because if they don't they'll lose it.

edited January 13

Also this decline you mention is only due to the Mori's being changed ,without notice and keys not being changed in the process,which is why all killer's are angry right now.you are just boasting on the words of other's, you generally don't have complaint only you're on what you think is wrong,also producing sometype of hysteria.I know you going to sit their and list a bunch of complaints that other have probably stated,but the game it self is in the best condition it has been in year's a few bugs go fallout or skyrim then tell me something.

• apathyincapathyinc Member Posts: 131

To be fair though PoE was created based off an already established type of game, and has had a lot longer development time. DbD is a fairly original concept and the developers are probably still learning as the game grows. It is so unique that comparing it to different games/teams isn't going to give you an accurate evaluation.

• jester20kjester20k Member Posts: 277

Not nearly all killers are mad, just bad ones that relied on ebony moris or the bs combo of undying and ruin. Yeah keys are bs too, but not nearly as bad as ebony moris, for all you know they will surprise patch them this mid chapter, I wouldn't be surprised. But I rarely see a survivor bring a key, usually when someone gets one out of a chest is the problem, which is total bs shouldn't happen.

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 1,326

Devs suck at fixing their game. I'm sorry but it true that they seriously need to get it together.

That's what I think,also The Dev's are the same age as us their probably just getting out of school.

IDK I'm not a developer, but, I do realize what we do have and, I don't want to feel like I'm wasting my time or money either.All I can do though is put my complaints in when something bothers me,alot of people don't know me ,but I try to be honest and if I didn't enjoy DBD,I wouldn't play it and I have faith that the dev's will pull through eventually, but not like godly faith not like their gods are something , I just trust them on this.Most of the complaints are legit and some are exaggerated you must this ,you play DBD.

• GraveHunterGraveHunter Member Posts: 326

For me personally the game went downhill when they introduced the store and the rift. By then it became clear to me they care more about MONEY than anything else. Just look at the fact a piece of cosmetic costs more than the chapter itself. And then you only have a piece of cosmetic for ONE character. "But you can buy some skins with shards".... Yeah, after more than 100 hours of playtime you can buy one. That's ridiculous.

You can see that because when the store and rift came into the game, the events were going downhill to the deepest point being Halloween 2020, where it just became a cash grab "event". Only because the communty gave them so much backlash (and well deserved, imo), they repaired it to somewhat decent, i guess?

They even re-use DbD mobile skins for the paid track in the rift, talk about lazy.

The rift is also going downhill according for getting bang for your buck. The first rifts were okay, the last rift are just straight up garbage regarding skins. Not to mention the trash fillers. Who needs 5 recolors of the same dumb charm, 4 of them ARE BEING PAID FOR. Not to mention they nerfed the progress of it TWICE in a row.

I used to buy every chapter and I bought 2 skins and 2 rifts (for PS4 and for PC). But I'm not gonna do it anymore. These devs clearly don't give a sh*t anymore or are just incompetent to make changes to the game. The cash grab event called Halloween 2020 was my final straw, and seeing the trash they released with the twins chapter, when they KNOWINGLY released a broken mess, just proved the point to me personally.

Maybe with new management and new blood this game can become better to make me spend some money on new chapters. But in the meantime, they won't get a single dime out of me anymore.

• GraveHunterGraveHunter Member Posts: 326

But you can make changes without touching the core. You can buff/nerf perks, see how they work in a LONGER time (not just a PTB of a week when everyone is done playing after one or two days already) and change them again when they are OP or overnerfed. It wouldn't harm the game that much.

If I may make a example: In Battlefield 3, with the Back to Karkand DLC, they introduced the FAMAS gun. When it released, it was a complete beast. You could basicly snipe people across the map with it. Patch later they overnerfed it and now it's just trash to use (they removed 5 bullets from the magazine and the reload takes ages and the damage is less). My point is, you can change something and when it doesn't work out, change it back or adjust a little bit. In the example of BF3, they could first make the damage less, patch after that maybe a bit more damage but a bit more reload time, etc).