Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Beeing AFK bannable?

Since the huge long lobby Q's it happens that I go afk and miss the match completely. Also due to the recent DC banwave it's the only way to derank. Can I get banned if I'm doing this multiple times?

Answers

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200
    edited October 2018

No afking is fine.
    As you said, dont derank by DCing, go afk instead and let the survivors farm a bit.

Also some idea for you:
    Bring rancor and franklins such that you can punish survivors that wanna hold you hostage :wink:
    I already made some survivors ######### their pants when the afk killer suddenly had an instant mori - one of the few moments DBD feels like a horror game :lol:

• AgentTalonAgentTalon Member Posts: 331

I assume so. You are negatively impacting the game and depending on spawn location (if it's more hidden) could result in holding a game hostage.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@AnotherRandy said:
    Since the huge long lobby Q's it happens that I go afk and miss the match completely. Also due to the recent DC banwave it's the only way to derank. Can I get banned if I'm doing this multiple times?

There is a report option for "AFK" so yes if its a continued problem I would suspect you could receive a temporary ban.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 4,505

It is. It's the last report option on the post game screen. If you don't do it too often you should be fine

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 4,505

@Master said:
    No afking is fine.
    As you said, dont derank by DCing, go afk instead and let the survivors farm a bit.

Also some idea for you:
    Bring rancor and franklins such that you can punish survivors that wanna hold you hostage :wink:
    I already made some survivors ######### their pants when the afk killer suddenly had an instant mori - one of the few moments DBD feels like a horror game :lol:

I was letting survivors farm nectar yesterday. Instead of being appreciative, taking their vials and leave after I'd smack a few of them to make them leave the game(in some cases even carry them to the exit gate) they'd heal and tbag a few games in row. So I equipped blood warden and noed. It was fun. Then I'd get a message "why did you kill us?"

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

@HellDescent said:

@Master said:
    No afking is fine.

Also some idea for you:

I was letting survivors farm nectar yesterday. Instead of being appreciative, taking their vials and leave after I'd smack a few of them to make them leave the game(in some cases even carry them to the exit gate) they'd heal and tbag a few games in row. So I equipped blood warden and noed. It was fun. Then I'd get a message "why did you kill us?"

Yeah yeah, classic

I had survivors too that nodded at me back in order to farm flowers. But when it was time to give me hooks, they looped me as usual.

Slugged everyone and let them bleed out :lol:

• KilligmaKilligma Member Posts: 372

If you are actively AFK'ing then yes, it is bannable.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,708
    If you're doing it a lot, yes, because that is ruining the game for others.

If you just forget the game's running once or twice, no biggy.
  • AnotherRandyAnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    edited October 2018
    Peanits said:

Damn, I was hoping to derank with that so I could get my lobbys filled quicker (30-40 minutes lobby Q the last days).
    This is so sad, can we nerf matchmaking please? I cant take this anymore..
  • AnotherRandyAnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Thaznar said:

@Peanits said:

And how you determine if someone is AFK without that person being reported?

Also, why is there a difference for devs between farming and beeing AFK? Cuz if all are farming together it seems like not a problem 
  • PurrPurr Member Posts: 83

easy derank run up to killer and suicide on hook, devs alrdy said suiciding on hook IS allowed