Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.5.0 PTB Feedback

Hud update: Yay or Nay?

Comments

• maaadinsomniacmaaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440
    Nay

Yeah, this looks amazing actually, fits more into classic simple hud, not like these colorish icons #########.

But if fans and players do devs job some devs will just lose their job.

edited January 2021
    Nay

Ehhh, what information you talking about? Please.

And you'll get used to? No, you'll be forced to get used to how it looks. There is no other option because you can't even change anything just how big is your HUD.

You need this text because you're like rank 20 with your 2k+ hours just AFK probably and don't have clue about Dead by Daylight. These things are good only for rank 20-15 as newbie hints. They think the symbol with just number is probably very confusing and you don't even know what to do, like #########, what is this number? Remaining generators on whole map and what is generator actually?

• ChurchofPigChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,543
    Nay

Idc that the visuals were updated, but they could have made it more user friendly instead of scattering things all over the screen

• BeHasUBeHasU Member Posts: 830
    Nay

Agreed, they should put everything on a corner, it's kinda annoying that you have to look literally everywhere to get all the info.

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,702
    Yay

As killer it tells you how many overall hooks you have, and also clearly associates characters with player names. There's now usually no need to hit someone first before you can tell which character on the HUD they are. This only doesn't help if everyone plays the same character.

As survivor it tells you how many times each teammate has been hooked. It also can help to know which survivor is which without paying close attention to the HUD. For example, you don't need to ask "Was it the Feng or the David who just got hit?" You'll already know just from the HUD.

• DwightFairfieldDwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,247
    Yay

it's a hud and i really could care less if they changed it, I would care if they cluttered it beyond comprehension but it's sort of... plain...

harmless, but plain and rather boring

Nay

How many overall hooks you have (like on the map) or how many times you hooked survivor? You mean this?

It's usefull for a guy who can't count how much is 4x2 + 4 = 12(4k). Because this new feature shows you exactly that.

The second one feature is good, because you don't need to remember which one surv you hooked already twice and it's his byebye time. But it doesn't help you if you found 4 clonedette's lobby etc. as you said. Maybe if they put numbers on their shirts in future it'll help or if they forbid playing same chars in one lobby, maybe soon. But imo THIS funmade looks just better and fit more into this game.

And as Survivor I'll say yes. If you playing solo you don't need to remember which one is dead hook or if you sleep in never ending waiting simulator and miss lobby to know and remember names for 3 random chars.

Maybe it's just me and I'm like robot and I don't need this features because it doesn't help me at all, they just spread whole hud on screen with nothing new usefull. Like for what? Am I dumb or something like that? My thought processes do not last 3 minutes so I don't need to crouch behind tree and process new information about who get hooked or hit with tempo like windows 95.

And first time you talking about mooore many new information? Where's more? You told me just one, maybe two if I count this hook progress feature. It doesn't sounds like moooore many for me.

• ClubsClubs Member Posts: 20
    Yay

I like the new information that is offered by the new UI, I just wish it was rearranged into better locations.

edited January 2021
    Nay

I honestly like the new "Info" things that they added, but i don't like the new placements, they are chaotic

Post edited by BeHasU on
    Nay

That's exactly what I mean, I don't like or dislike the new features, they are just useless for me personally but it can helps to some players. But I really hate the new scattered layout, that's what trigged me out. As you said, it's chaotic and for me I feel like I'll not be able to concentrate on my game anymore because every information what I really need will be in other corner of screen. What I need is focus to the game and catch every detail moving around map and these other information things are just eye-check time to time. Just from the taste what they show it looks like default MMORPG layout but in every other game you're able to move this things and make your HUD comfortable. But in Dead by Daylight, you're just forced to use what some developer thinks it's pretty cool and looks nice. You can just change the size of your HUD now, very big applause after 4 1/2 years.

But what about other settings? It's really hard to add Resolution settings (there is just scale resolution, it's not resolution settings exactly, you're still playing in native but your resolution is scaled), it's hard to add Vsync option? It's hard to add FPS limit option? It's hard to add more detailed visual settings instead of default 4 presets? And many other things? Big NO!

They just still talking about competitive advantages so they forced you to use same Foliage, because players with Low settings have advantage over other players what wants to their game looks great, they forced you to use AA because some players turns it OFF and you have advantage in bushes etc.. But still, these options are in the game and if you know right commands you can mess with your configs and turn your AA to OFF if you want, it's ban free, because you're not messing with game files, you just changing your configs which are in totally different spot, not in root.

• KaythimKaythim Member Posts: 0
    Nay

I vote nay.

The graphical updates I don't mind, except for the flashing red to showcase that someone is injured. This is not a good idea, there are colourblind people that play the game and this will not be a good thing for them.

However, the spread out placement of the hud icons is basically 101 in how not to make a HUD. Yes, it works for a mobile game, where the screen is tiny. And it works for MMO's where you have way too many things to track. However, in MMO's you can usually move the icons around as you please, I doubt that will be the case here. And the bigger someone's screen or tv is, the more spread out this info will be. It's just very badly thought out.

The placement of the hud of the UI that has been in since launch, is one of the best in any gaming by far. By moving things around like you're planning you're taking 10 steps back and making it one of the worst.

• FamicxFamicx Member Posts: 55
    Nay

They should've just let the UI how it was, replace the silhouette of the survivors with the pictures, add a hook counter because people wanted that for a long time now and done. This looks like a mobile game UI to me and I don't like it.

• WarMachine2101WarMachine2101 Member Posts: 10
    Nay

Wow, we need the devs to see this and know this is what most of us want, we need to speak out so they actually listen to the community instead of doing whatever they want with this game, the new UI is crap and proves why feedback is important.

• PumpazillaPumpazilla Member Posts: 2
    Nay

I LITERALLY signed up to the forum to say i ######### hate the new UI.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,886
    Nay

It's ugly, yes, but that's not the biggest problem.

The biggest problem is that it creates fatigue by having to look at different points of the screen to get information. This isn't a problem on mobile phones, because those screens are tiny. This is a problem on computer monitors and especially on large TV screens. There's no "getting used to it." The way the eyes have to move will cause fatigue, and that won't get better with time; if anything, it'll get worse over time.

• LaendraLaendra Member Posts: 34
    Nay

Not a fan. Adding the changes to the existing HUD layout, or giving us the ability to set the location of where the portraits are would be a better option than what it currently is.

• supernoVa7supernoVa7 Member Posts: 6
    Nay

For DBD mobile maybe. But on PC and consoles, it looks really bad.

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,450
    Nay

I've been watching people play with it on the PTB and my opinion is just going down. Your item/power is huge, but you never need information about that, so why? Meanwhile, all of the info you do need about injuries etc is small. It also looks like only survivors can see who's been hooked and how many times, while killers get a pointless circle that tracks their total hooks in match -- who needs that? And then, randomly, the gen counter is at the top of the screen by itself instead of being near one of the other things.

• BloodyBunnyBloodyBunny Member Posts: 114
    Nay

its all over the place

Nay

I agree with this, it's just not good for a non-mobile game

• freshavocadofreshavocado Member Posts: 6
    Nay

Just wanted to share my 2 cents.

I love the effort being put in to upgrade things. I didn't like the new HUD for a couple of reasons.

1. The generator info should be kept in the bottom left near the item info. Whether it's just above it or to the left of it is fine. I didn't enjoy having to look all over my screen just to get some basic information. Looking to the left to see survivor status, now to the right to see my exhaustion, now to the top to see gens, now middle to see if the killer is coming. Keeping all relevant information in the same general area would be best.
    2. Status effect information: Location is perfectly fine, it's been there forever and it's a great spot. My biggest issue with it now is the colors you used to show them. When exhausted, it shows a red circle around it, followed by another orange circle to show how much time is remaining. Please, PLEASE don't use orange. It's another slap in the face to colorblind players, and even non colorblind players have trouble seeing it with a quarter second glance. White could be the best option since it contrasts with red to make it highly visible, or just use a single color circle that slowly disappears like the current one.
    3. I LOVE the killer hook counter. It'll definitely help keep track of the state of the game.
    4. Survivor information: I'm actually fine with where it's located. I'd prefer bottom left, but if it's not possible with how much is going on animation or information wise, I can live with it in top left. Something interesting that could be tried is swapping player info with points. Put points in the top left, and player info in the middle left.

If any devs come across this and read this, thank you for reading. I hope my feedback was helpful. <3

Nay

Yeah, i'm colorblind i thought the exhaustion status effect is bugged or something cause the timer didn't move for my eyes. It's really hard for me to see things clearly now.

• JarethJareth Member Posts: 73
    Nay

It's too scattered and harder to parse all the info you need easily. Having pretty much everything at the bottom half makes it easy to see everything without having to scan your whole monitor. Also the different statuses like injured aren't as obvious.

On the plus side the hook counter for survivors is nice. The killers version is pretty pointless though.

Really hope they don't go live with the way it is on the ptb.

• Floofzy_KittenFloofzy_Kitten Member Posts: 53
    Nay

New UI is terrible for colourblind people. I'm colourblind and I can't tell when a survivor is injured in the new UI. If I miss the little flash on someone when they get healed I am completely in the dark on their health state.

• thefallenloserthefallenloser Member Posts: 1,234
    edited January 2021
    Nay

^ This, devs. This, But also, regular survivor portraits look cheap as hell in-game, and can blend in to the background. Maybe white silhouette style portraits in game for each survivor would be better.

Also, just let people change the entire HUD layout to their own liking, similarly to how it is in Final Fantasy XIV. :)