Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do you cleanse dull totems as soon as you see one?

I personally don't, that way if killer has noed it's easier to find

Comments

  • OGlilSPOOK20OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    I do. Just in case the killer has noed. I usually count how many i did.
  • I_am_NeganI_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,138

    Yeah sure do if I come across them on my adventure

  • PinkErickaPinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    YES! Cleansing totems are important, it baffles me how many of my team mates just run past them and leave them there.
  • AgentTalonAgentTalon Member Posts: 331

    Yes sireee I do.

  • Fog_KingFog_King Member Posts: 688

    I usually destroy them as soon as possible, if it's early game. If not, I will try to fix first and destroy the totems later.

  • ACEvHEARTSACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 401
    I do. I’ve avoided NOED many times by making sure I get all the totems between doing other objectives. 
  • MandyTalkMandyTalk Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 18,327

    Yes, each 600bp adds up. I always presume the killer has NOED if I haven't been able to ascertain all of their perks early in the match.

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

    No. I don't consider NOED to be a threat because I use Dark Sense to go to the exit that the Killer just checked.

  • Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    If it's in a harder to notice spot, usually yes. It's more likely that I will if it's a Wraith or Freddy.
  • Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,216

    only the ones that are hidden well. the others, if they are near an exit gat will stay untouched (by me).
    if i know where all 5 of them are, RIP totems.

  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,578
    edited October 2018

    Not always, sometimes i have a Killer chasing me.
    But yeah, i like to remove the chances of me getting 1-hit.
    Plus i prefer stealth, so the extra Boldness BP is welcome.

    Why is my text so white?

  • redsopine1redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Had a trapper with noed today and he ran toth with it so new way to spot out noed look for toth
  • Soul_ConsumptionSoul_Consumption Member Posts: 68

    I don't make a habit of it unless I'm at a higher ranked game. With the expose effect on every tier of NOED it makes it worth while to just cleanse them because you've just robbed them of a perk slot and slapped them in the face. As long as gens are getting done.

  • OblitiryOblitiry Member Posts: 487
    No. Some games I just feel lazy about getting rid of them. I'm the same way with using items or looping.
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

    I'm a totem hunting fiend, I kill any totem I find because not only do you deprive them if NOED if they have it, but you get 600 objective points which really adds up fast. That and you ensure that your teammates won't leave a NOED totem alive somehow.

    I've cleansed all 5 totems during matches multiple times because I see teammates just ignore them and then laugh when I get 4 and i'm not on the 1 area of map the other 3 were. Then NOED lights up and I get flamed for them dying lol and me not coming to rescue them.

    Well gee you're all on that side of map where totem is, exit gate is open by me and killers coming after me, I may be dumb but I'm not that stupid.

  • SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Sometimes I do.
  • chococrichococri Member Posts: 355
    Always. People say only noobs do that because you gotta do just the generators in order to escape and win but... You actually farm extra points plus now you can counter NOED. It's part of the game after all. 
  • CoolAKnCoolAKn Member Posts: 677

    I'll go after dull totems if I'm not doing anything else at the moment. I will especially do dull totems if Thrill of the Hunt is active, because each dull totem gone lets the hex ones be cleansed faster.

  • EninyaEninya Member Posts: 1,257

    No. It's a waste of time you typically don't have. I just make a mental note of where they are in case of NOED, but rarely go out of my way to cleanse them unless it's a killer I do well against/there is no Ruin.

  • xmenfanaticxmenfanatic Member Posts: 814

    I actually give totems precedence over everything else.

  • Luckystrike2778Luckystrike2778 Member Posts: 63

    Yes i do

  • EntitàEntità Member Posts: 1,581
    I love destroying these dark symbols of killers' fervor towards the Entity: they are dangerous bombs full of curses and painful deaths!
  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

    Yes free points and protects from NOED. Also they are low risk because killers generally don't even see you on a totem.

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

    @Eninya said:
    No. It's a waste of time you typically don't have. I just make a mental note of where they are in case of NOED, but rarely go out of my way to cleanse them unless it's a killer I do well against/there is no Ruin.

    That's a good strategy that works great right up until the time you're the one hooked and the rest of your teammates die to NOED. The other scenario is the killer ifns you once NOED procs and then you're royally screwed.

  • EninyaEninya Member Posts: 1,257

    @powerbats said:

    @Eninya said:
    No. It's a waste of time you typically don't have. I just make a mental note of where they are in case of NOED, but rarely go out of my way to cleanse them unless it's a killer I do well against/there is no Ruin.

    That's a good strategy that works great right up until the time you're the one hooked and the rest of your teammates die to NOED. The other scenario is the killer ifns you once NOED procs and then you're royally screwed.

    My teammates dying to NOED ain't my problem. lol Whenever someone is on a hook, and I don't know where the killer or NOED is, I don't go and save them. They ######### at me a lot for leaving them to die, but ######### I'm not going to get myself killed trying to be a hero.

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

    @Eninya said:

    @powerbats said:

    @Eninya said:
    No. It's a waste of time you typically don't have. I just make a mental note of where they are in case of NOED, but rarely go out of my way to cleanse them unless it's a killer I do well against/there is no Ruin.

    That's a good strategy that works great right up until the time you're the one hooked and the rest of your teammates die to NOED. The other scenario is the killer ifns you once NOED procs and then you're royally screwed.

    My teammates dying to NOED ain't my problem. lol Whenever someone is on a hook, and I don't know where the killer or NOED is, I don't go and save them. They ######### at me a lot for leaving them to die, but ######### I'm not going to get myself killed trying to be a hero.

    Oh OI agree, I'm just saying that the strategy to memorize is great until you get hooked or downed by it because at that point you're pretty much doomed and so is your team. If the totem is by you while they get hooked it's cleansable. If not and it' by them where killer is hooking it's pretty much a lost cause at that point.

Sign In or Register to comment.