Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Attention Steam and EGS players: a quick hotfix will be going live today at 11AM ET to address file validation reliability. Thank you for your understanding!

Sick of this killer sided game

Word of warning - You need 4 survivors and just 1 killer to play DBD.

If this game continues to overwhelmingly favour killers it will die.

The only way survivors stand a chance is if they have a swf, in solo queue you are just meat for killers to have fun with.

Hex Ruin, Hex Undying, Noed, Face camping, Tunnelling, insane red add-ons, etc, etc, etc....

I challenge Behaviour Interactive to release their stats on how often killers get a 4k vs 4 survivors escaping (across all ranks). We all know who those stats are going to favour.

Comments

• GreatamygdalaGreatamygdala Member Posts: 292

People has been saying the game would die ever since it first released.

Game was an abhorrent state back then yet it's still alive and actually has a strong player base.

• MinaaaMinaaa Member Posts: 55

I am a red rank survivor.

What you said makes perfect sense to me and it works flawlessly with a swf who realise they can easily counter this.

In random solo queue people just don't work like this and killers know that they wont get punished for it !!

Also Hex ruin is so hard to find, does a game like dbd really need to be so luck based?

Disagree with you on the stats, the variables you mentioned should also be stated.

I would love nothing more to be wrong and find that both sides have an even go off it.

The perks you mentioned cannot be brought into a solo queue game.

You need to bring kindred and BT.

Adrenaline is total luck in solo queue so bring it at your own peril.

Frankly i don't understand the hate for keys, i have never brought one in a game and have only seen others bring it in like 1% of the games.

When a key can actually be used the game is pretty much decided already in favour one side or the other.

• AxxAxx Member Posts: 386
    edited January 2021

If the game is so killer sided, why are queues for solo survivor so long? Also, don't forget how long it takes for a 4 man SWF to find a killer. Most players just don't understand how to play survivor well. This is what makes the game seem killer sided. I personally only have an issue with Spirit, and I'm a solo survivor player. Every other killer is fairly easy to deal with, barring an actual good Nurse, which can even still be fun to run at times. Also, being red rank means nothing. People that can't even loop shack get rank 1 due to the game not requiring you to actually improve skill wise to rank up. All you have to do to hit rank 1 is play often, and do enough to safety pip so you never lose pips, which is super easy to do.

I am red rank.

I barely survive 5% of my games in solo queue at this rank.

I can understand it would be very tough for a killer against a red rank swf but how often does that happen??

Hence, the reason i would like to see some stats so all of us can know the truth instead of guessing.

I will be happy if the stats say :

"it's 50 50 for killers and survivors" and then i shall know that iam just bad and need to improve.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,704

I think if you played killer up into rank 1 you would have a very different opinion.

Honestly i have no clue why survivor queues are long.

For me the long queue times only started happening recently, even though i have pretty much always been in red rank so i don't know what has changed .

I agree with you that red rank doesn't necessarily mean you are good at the game.

Frankly my statement in the post was click bait...what am really after is cold hard analytics so all of us players can know if the game is balanced or not. From my experience i don't think it is and i believe the stats will back me.

Do you think the game is survivor sided in solo queue red rank?

Against a 4 man swf i would agree with you that killers have a hard run.

What does info do when the stats are pretty much messed up? A lot of people only get kills on killer due to the survivors playing bad. This game's balance has forever 100% relied on people not being good, or understanding the game on survivor side well. Just look at the video linked below. Imagine getting caught when the game was like this. The best part is that people did get caught often actually. Because a lot of people just didn't, and still don't understand how to play survivor well to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1fkX3H84SE&t

• scottymoscottymo Member Posts: 74

The problem is all the killer mains will now show up and try to rebut. Many threads crying killers are weak which is pure comedy gold.

Hex Ruin also needs to be re-worked.

I wont say it needs to be nerfed but currently it works around pure luck which should not be the case.

• Komodo16Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

Here how about this. 1v1 me in a kyf. I'm not the best killer but I win most of my matches swf or not. If you go down to me easy it's your skill and you dont deserve red rank (not trying to be mean or make assumptions) and If you wreck me then you get some GOOD killers.

I don't follow...what would a 1v1 entail in a 4v1 game?

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,540

Then if counters exist, but you just aren't using them, how is that the Killer's fault? Asking Killers to not take advantage of 4 Solo's is like asking Survivors to only do one gen every two minutes when there isn't any gen defence.

Ruin is not hard to find. Once you get a decent idea of totem spots, it's easy. If you really have trouble, use a map, Small Game or Detective's Hunch.

The issue is, most Survivors at Red Ranks are boosted af because of SWF and easy pip requirements. Ask them to release stats when MMR is working, then we'll have a decent idea.

It would have certain implications. If I did a 1v1 with a regular green rank killer and lost bad it would mean I'm not deserving of my rank and I'm not good so I cant loop. I'll tell you whether you can loop and that's one key item to your survival

• scottymoscottymo Member Posts: 74

Sure the devs have petabytes of game data over 5 years. Sure the number of trials 0,1,2,3,4 survivors, survived, as well as how, all gens, open exit, find hatch, exit unlocked automatically.... would be very telling and they certainly have access to such data. Don’t see many games unless it’s a BaD killer or a thrower killer that all 4 waltz out of the exit. See quite a few games the killer systematically mows down even decent survivors often with 2 or more generations remain. I am a baaad killer and I can still consistently down at least 2 survivors with ease using a 1 perk trapper. One of the more op leaning killers like Ghost perked up. Forget about it. Gonna be slug central.

Are you calling me boosted pulsy I thought we were in love :(

• MomentosisMomentosis Member Posts: 820

You only survive 5% of the time? I gotta see you play.

• TauNkosiTauNkosi Member Posts: 282

I used to think this game favored killers over survivors. Then I actually played killer. I suggest you do the same. It's eye opening.

The only reason people get kills on 99% of the killers is due to survivors making mistakes and playing bad. All the data in the world can't change the fact that people play survivor at different skill levels, and have different outcomes with the game. You really think data that puts a good survivor that can loop every tile on the same level as someone that goes down in 5 secs should be seen as accurate? Also, Ghost Face does not learn toward being OP.