Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why do you killers tunnel from start to finish just for one kill then let everyone else escape?

2»

Comments

• ilovedbd123ilovedbd123 Member Posts: 1,961

Usually telling them to calm down doesn't help, and by them, I mean anyone who is annoyed at the time. I do believe killers can be extremely toxic, but I also believe it's because of things similar to what happened to you. I now point blank refuse to play dbd past 5 pm as the red ranks come out to play and as a rank 10 killer (rank 13 now due to rank reset) I shouldn't have to deal with the tbagging and other such toxicity that I get daily from those players. Does that mean I camp or tunnel the next few games, only if I'm extremely tilted which is rather difficult (at least 7-8 games of being hard stomped by full red rank teams). Does that make it right? no, but it makes me feel better after the games. If you want to be toxic the next few games to de tilt then go right ahead, but if you get tunneled, know it was because you were toxic in those games. I only ever tunnel if someone tbags me and then they deserve it. I think that camping and tunneling is also a product of the game, where survivors play stupidly altruistic and therefore you cannot leave the vicinity of the hook for fear of them getting off 5 seconds later. Finally, I would like to give one last piece of advice, this game is rage-inducing if you let it get to you, so try to take a break in between matches. Watch a 20-30 minute youtube video, go watch your favorite streamer on twitch, that sort of thing. It'll do you wonders

• ilovedbd123ilovedbd123 Member Posts: 1,961

Same, my 3 categories for camping are as follows:

1) I'm against an extremely good team in which I can only hope to get 1 kill

2) they have bmed in some way: teabagging, flashlight clicks, and other such things are nasty

3) Keys or multiple flashlights/toolboxes. If I think there is a danger presented via a key or there are too many toolboxes or flashlights in the game ill hard tunnel to even the odd's, usually getting 2 people downed via slugging. I know it's toxic but if I can't win any other way (I don't have franklins yet) then I guess that will have to do.

• halfmanhalfapehalfmanhalfape Member Posts: 153
    edited January 2021

Oook that’s pretty screwed up. From the earlier part of the match it’s hard to say if she tunnelled. But if she just watched the other 3 Megs do gens and let them escape that seems like pretty direct discrimination.

I’ve no idea what set that off but since there’s no way to know best to let it go and move to the next match. Don’t take it personally, the killer probably had some unknown reason to do what he/she did that was no fault of yours. Hell, I suspect I’ve been tunnelled just for wearing that new colourful Nea skin, but there was no way I could know. So I just let it go and move to the next game.

There are many more good and fair killers and games out there. So get stuck in, fume a little, get angry, and then move on. Better to have fun with the good players.

See you in the fog!

• Malum_MidnightMalum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

Not every killer is the same. Can’t say why he let everyone else go, but my guess is you were being a toxic POS and wanted to ruin your game. Can’t blame them lol

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,889

Sounds like revenge.

• fixdeadhardfixdeadhard Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2021

They do it because it works, it should be a free escape for 3 survivors, but it isnt 90% of the time. most of the time those games end in 4k's just because most people are too dumb to push gens when this happens.

• Cable2486Cable2486 Member Posts: 249

Not to be an ass, but you ran NM and wonder why you got singled out? Any killer worth their salt will suspect a gen rush build or simply see an easy target the second they see NM in play. I have to assume that's the likeliest scenario here. Especially if it was a red rank nurse.

Either that, or they had a BAD time in previous matches and chose to take it out on you.

• SkullgrindSkullgrind Member Posts: 118

Usually it's because I caught someone early doing something dumb, then I chased around their teammates while they got unhooked, and thinking surely the DS counter is done now I down them again. If you DS me like that I will go to the ends of the earth to end you. And typically this brings out the worst in that survivors teammates and it's just a snowball of a bad time.

• ChinanumawaaanChinanumawaaan Member Posts: 131

i know we are all thinking it so ima just say it. GIT.GUD. Getting tunneled is a survivor issue and its usually your own teammates.

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Here's a better question. Why do killers chase one survivor for 3-4 gens and face-camp them like they did something wrong? They played the game as intended; you decided to chase them.

• illusionillusion Member Posts: 873

"This is why I rather run the meta perks and play toxic because when I try to be different I get screwed. So back to the usual easy escape builds and toxic play. Killers whine and complain but continue to be toxic aswell. Screw it. Cant beat'em join'em."

Sounds like you play toxic and someone remembered. As you said, your usual playstyle is to be toxic. Likely they remembered you from a different game and went after you. Don't blame it on the killer when your "usual" playstyle is toxic.

• UnifallUnifall Member Posts: 749

Usually tunneling and camping happens more often in lower ranks. Most of the time tho getting tunneled is your team mates fault who decided to unhook you in front of the killer without BT. You can play however you want if you wanna be"toxic" go ahead just don't be surprised if the killer camps and tunnels even more.

• VolczVolcz Member Posts: 796
    edited January 2021

Its funny seeing all these killers get high and mighty and try to blame you when in reality its bad on both sides.

If 1 killer does this to you, what makes you think its not going to happen in future matches?

If a survivor teabags you on pallet drop or at exit gates or flashlight spams you, emotes, etc, what makes the survivor think the killer will be merciful in future matches?

The fact is, both sides are toxic AF. Killers will die on their hill blaming survivors and survivors will die on their hill defending their own.

Everyone's matches are different but to say that you're a douchebag for being an ######### based on 1 game, isn't reality. Most of us have all played hundreds of matches and see it time and time again.

Nothing wrong with running meta perks at that point, and if someone tries to blame you or make you feel bad for it, then ignore it. They don't see the 2 PoVs, they see 1 and its theirs.

• TauNkosiTauNkosi Member Posts: 282

Fellas. Is basement trapper toxic? I've started making trapper and find trapping the basement is my best course of action to secure kills.it doesn't always work but when it does, it's mad easy.

• JasixJasix Member Posts: 1,237

So you decided to lower yourself to someone else's standards and inflict behavior on others; for no reason but to prove a point to someone (the original killer) who is not affected by the behavior you are displaying - yeah that will show him!

So now you are the toxic person ruining other people's game experience. Who knows maybe the next "Survivors are toxic" thread will be some newer killer who got to experience your childish temper tantrum and decided to post how he will now play toxic to counter - people like you.

Yeah you really thought this one out and look totally mature in your response to a behavior on an online video game. Slow clap.

Eyeroll.

• bknbkn Member Posts: 228
    edited January 2021

no thats how he is supposed to play... Trapper is weak at chasing, so you close down certain areas like shack, loops, basement etc... you should always be close to your traps and therefore always around a hooked survivor...

when you go chasing with trapper its your own fault for playing stupid, its like playing clown without bottles... survivors dont get over it that trapper is a born "camper", so they loop the killer shack until they end in the basement just to cry instead of actually adepting once.

Post edited by bkn on