Home Discussions General Discussions
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

Is it okay to Tunnel if i winning ?

IosefkaIosefka Member Posts: 60

If i see no obsession, it means nobody has DS. I am killer and i want to win. I can tunnel people without punishing. Why is it problem in this community ?

Comments

• GravnosGravnos Member Posts: 105

That's one of the biggest issues in this game. I've never played another game where I have to go so far out of my way to make sure the other side has an enjoyable game.

When playing killer it's just more effective to go for tunneling and slugs if your goal is to win. Then again we still, 4 years after launch, don't know what a 'Win' is.

I personally go by hook count so it helps me not tunnel, but truth be told the best way to make sure no survivor leaves a match is to play like a slugger/tunneler/camper and make sure they don't enjoy the match. It's a shame.

That's fair, but when your goal is to win and the game is built to reward gameplay styles that aren't fun for the other side (Look at Twins that excel at slugging) it sends some strongly mixed signals.

Heck pretty much every round I win, I'll let the last survivor go and who knows how many pips/bloodpoints that has cost me to let someone else have a nice time.

@Jholla31 there's also a ton of boardgames that handle the scenario you outlined really really well. Evolve did it well before it's death too.

• PatienceheroPatiencehero Member Posts: 54
    edited January 16

Everyone's entitled to play their own way, but I hold myself to a policy of not tunneling unless they force my hand (OoO callouts, consistently teabagging, emote spamming, sneaking up to tap gens every time I leave them just to be annoying).

Be Wholesome to the wholesome people, toxic to the toxic people. I make it a point to never get that wire crossed.

• KirkyladKirkylad Member Posts: 338

If you're losing then go ahead do what you need to do to pull it back and get a win. However if your dominating clearly weaker survivors before any gens have even been done then it is kinda crappy to use tactics like that when it's not necessary. When I play killer I don't tunnel and take the opportunity to have a chill game and get a load of bloodpoints. Besides if I was to play like that then the survivors are likely to just give up and think why bother and dc or suicide on hook and that isn't fun for anyone.

• bknbkn Member Posts: 227

When you have the opportunity tunnel them off, but be careful, they have no brain perks for this situation, because the survivors never learned to unhook safely.

ahaha, respect, in DbD... *facepalm*

respect from the exit gate camping mayflies that use the crouch button more than their brain. no thx.

• SilentPillSilentPill Member Posts: 602

It depends on the survivors and how much you want points. I find camping/tunneling pretty boring but effective if you are being genrushed.

If you are on a weak killer there is no shame. If you are on a strong killer play better.

• Hex_UrbanEvasionHex_UrbanEvasion Member Posts: 200

Honestly, you get more points/better scores if you're a good killer who doesn't camp/tunnel/slug, but you have to be a *good killer.* They're not as common as the number of Rank 1s would have you believe.

Like other people said, what counts as a "win" in the game isn't super clear. I base it mostly on emblems and score, other people base it on kills or escapes, some people just like to be mean and a good game for them is one where people come into chat afterward and flame them. It's all up to you. If you get to the end of a match, there's two survivors left, they haven't finished gens, and they're being altruistic/sticking close together, some "tunneling" is unavoidable. After all, you only have two options. You can kinda let them unhook each other for the points if you're feeling generous, but it's not necessary, just a nice thing to do.

• AxeAxe Member Posts: 786

tunneling is always ok

survivors gonna cry anyway no matter what you do.

Just relax, kill, and get that sweet BP.

• MendaxMendax Member Posts: 79

Play for solo survivor if no obsession. And you will understand why.

• naughtyboyjamesnaughtyboyjames Member Posts: 700
    edited January 16

If you've hooked everyone there's no need to tunnel, that's just mean in the end and who said you can have a PfP on you're 1st day of posting rookie?

• KazimKazim Member Posts: 145

It's depends of situation If I have 4 survivors alive and 2 generators or if they are genrushing yeah I do it, but if the game doesn't have much that started I would not do it, at least I immediately notice that they want to genrush me, or if they want to play toxic I don't do tunnel because I'll go to fall into the DS trap and borrowed time is better to lose fast and go to another game than to get angry. If they angry for tunnel well 🤷

It is as if in a soccer game the rival gets angry because you immediately scored another goal.

• RoobnusRoobnus Member Posts: 375

Depends on the perspective.

From your point of view, yes it's ok. From the tunneled Survivors point of view, no it's not ok.

Makes sense, right?

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 1,229

Just proves that the whole thread is bait. If your ego gets bigger with dcs and suicides you probably should leave the house more imo.

• JasixJasix Member Posts: 56

Eyeroll.

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,389

Many here mention that tunneling off the hook is not fun for survivors, but nobody mentions that it is also extremly boring for killer. Tunneling (especially off hook) removes the chase in DbD... and the chase is the point of this game and for most the only fun experience.

I never understood why people even bother playing when the ruin the most fun part of it.

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 4,276
    edited January 16

I mean the guy in another thread was just telling me how he dislikes killers that don't camp or tunnel when they should as it's part of the game.

People have different preferences on the kind of game they want. All you can do is play how you want; but try and be respectful to others.

• savevatznicksavevatznick Member Posts: 641

Getting one survivor out of the game as quickly as possible gives you the time to afford actual chases instead of patrolling and hitting mispositioned survivors. You don't have to tunnel per se, but it is usually best to chase the weak link down and get them out of the game first.

Once the first survivor goes down as long as you have one person on the hook and are searching for the others, the rest cannot work on gens