Home Discussions General Discussions
The celebrations continue. :sparkler: The Entity has extended the Gilded Stampede event by an extra week. Log in daily to redeem 50,000 Bloodpoints for each extra day until the end of the event on March 4th 11AM EST!
https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/lunar-new-year-2021

Does anyone else have to verify integrity of game files every update?

Every time I update the game- including PTB, I get a random crash at some point or another stating some excuse and it persists until I verify the game file integrity and practically download another update. Does anybody else CONSTANTLY go through this?

Comments

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 1,100

Yes. In fact I've gotten timed-out from queueing because the game decided in the middle of a match that my game files have an issue. Nowadays I verify the game files whenever there's an update, no exceptions. Not sure why, but I always figured it had to do with me messing with the engine.ini files back in the day to get better fps.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,995

I was playing yesterday with some friends. I hadn't played the game in like 10 months but I still turned it on once in awhile during the daily login bonus. Yesterday it gave me an error saying I had to verify integrity. Once that was done there were 6 files that were bad. Then I got slapped with a 6.3gb update. My games auto update so I'm confused why it happened.

• SkullgrindSkullgrind Member Posts: 118

Yes I always have to do this with my Steam install.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,130

I know a couple of people who have to, for DBD only, because of the way the files are packed.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 1,229

Me. I've gotten penalties before because every update they push out is corrupted and has to be verified.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 1,400

Never. But make sure all your steam folders are excluded by your AV program.

• PassarinoTPassarinoT Member Posts: 736

Yeah, it's only DBD that has this issue for me. Huge deterrent for actually playing the game when I have to download the update twice.

• carnage4ucarnage4u Member Posts: 338

Every update. I have to reinstall the game for issues like this. No other game causes the issue. I'm always told it is a steam issue, altough no other game on steam has ever had the issue.

• JinSimeJinSime Member Posts: 319

I never turned the PTB on here and I also never had to check the integrity on my pc, at least so far (I play this game since last June). Maybe because I never tried PTB it doesn't bug as much

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 656

I had an issue where it couldn't verify my files and wouldn't let me log on. I ended up reinstalling windows and that fixed it.

• InsaneCoasterInsaneCoaster Member Posts: 97

Not necessarily every update, but errors occur every few weeks for me and I have to verify them. Pretty much used to it now lol.

• SilentSpectreSilentSpectre Member Posts: 775

This is still an issue.

• ZeusZeus Member Posts: 1,687
    edited 4:26AM

I still do lmao but I've always thought it had something to do with my antivirus. I use Malwarebytes and windows defender. Been doing this for like 3-6 months now and longer than when this post was made