Home Discussions General Discussions
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

Killers give hatch, do survivors give sacrifice?

Comments

• WantToKnowWantToKnow Member Posts: 28

I played around 300 hours killer. I had one match, where two survivors let me sacrifice them, because I did my best and got nothing out of this match.

I had endless matches, where boosted survivors complained why I didnt gave them hatch. I had to in their opinion.

And if I decided to give a hatch, like 70% came a salty comment in post game.

Survivor brains...

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 2,261

I don't think it's a direct comparison like that. You can think that giving hatch is only equal to letting yourself get killed after you open gates and are safe (which I've done a few times to really new killers who got matched into a high rank survivor lobby) but I'd say that survivors staying to make a save in the endgame when the chances to save are really low and they could just leave is in the same bucket as giving hatch away.

They basically stay to rehook several times and give killer more BP, possibly even killing all of them if they mess up too hard. It happens a lot, probably not with the same generous intent (as they still want to save their teammates and escape) as giving hatch but I consider it very nice of survivors to stay and try to help their mates insted of leaving after a fast game with little to no BP on either side.

• bknbkn Member Posts: 227

Yes i give sacrifice to the killer for several reasons, but i am one of the only survivor players with some dignity out there, because i actually play killer.

• he deserves my kill when hes playing a low tier killer and has a hard time, or even gets bullied
    • I played too tryhardy against an obvious low rank killer
    • he was playing nice when the survivors didnt
    • etc...

I really don´t like the survivor community, and don´t participate in their scummy behaviour against players that actually play killer these days.

• ImHexyAndINoedImHexyAndINoed Member Posts: 165

Yup, I'll let the Killer kill me if they had an obviously tough game with a four man escape. I'll mostly do it on the rare occasion I'm in a SWF, as my friends are low ranks so I often out match the Killer due to being a higher rank.

• burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 661

Reminds me of a game I had as the killer playing nurse to learn. The last survivor also stood there for me to practice precision blinks and helped with my daily (the reason I played nurse). Maybe it was me maybe not, anyway thanks for being nice.

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,818

I think giving hatch happens around 1/3 matches, if you happen to face me, I´ll almost always give hatch.

I have over 2k hrs but only once did Survivors give me free sacs, it was when I grinded Nurse achievements and I sucked as hard as you´d expect, they pittied me :D

• SaintDorksSaintDorks Member Posts: 227

There are a few people who do..I do It If the killer gets frozen in one spot..I quickly get gens done and let the entity take me..Cause, the games code is bugger then a ant mound.

• kaerukaeru Member Posts: 983

As survivor I most likely give my item if killer was nice.

Rarely I played against survivors who pointed on hook at the match end. But only if I was memeing around with something like M2 only Billy. I remember playing as pig vs memeing swf on Game map. They let me put beartraps on their heads and then they repaired last gen and tried to find boxes. Someone died from trap, someone escaped, and couple of them waited for egc to kill them.

• DamarusDamarus Member Posts: 329

To be honest, yes, as much as it is a much rarer practice. While I play killer, if I feel like it I will give the last survivor the hatch, perhaps being careful not to give it to the toxic one (which means, that if there are 2 people but he was the last downed, he will still be the one on the hook). The two things differ on a variety of points, though.

As a killer, I can give the hatch if:

• The survivor wasn't toxic;
    • Out of pity for a particular survivor;
    • Just being friendly;
    • All of the aforementioned points, plus that survivor was really good.

As a survivor, instead, I tend to let the killer sacrifice me, or at least try to (as sometimes they won't do it anyway) if:

• The killer was friendly and farmed;
    • The killer was a good player and didn't camp/tunnel/chase me forever/only ever hit people with instadowns (very VERY rare instances);
    • The killer still hasn't learned how to play and ended up with no kills, but he didn't tunnel/camp.

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 883

In the ~2 years I've been playing this game:

In any normal match? No not once.

In a match where I was just focusing on challenges and letting survivors do the same or just being extra generous/nice because of my mood that day? Yes.

I've never had a survivor give me a sacrifice for having a bad game or anything.

• JinSimeJinSime Member Posts: 321

I had people dying for the entity for me when they clearly could have escaped in some fun matches I didn't so well, but didn't camp or tunnel anyone.

On the other hand, I don't care about piping do much. Actually, if I see I'm going towards red ranks and the killer wasn't playing "scummy", I often do give them my kill. If I noticed they're doing a daily like "use Demo full charged shred", I even stand still so they can land the attack. Sometimes me and my friends all die in the end game. It just depends on how the trial was.

I'd say that right now it's rare that a killer gives hatch, though I think it's polite. This week I even made some new friends by giving hatch on steam. But you have all kind of survivors, just as you have all kind of killers.

• Freddy96Freddy96 Member Posts: 329

I can be the most toxic POS but i am always willing to get sacrificed for free by the killer if he played well or he was kinda noob. The issue is that killers are often toxic even when noone is playing toxic so as usual if you play like a jerk don't expect any kindness by your opponents

• RhoskaRhoska Member Posts: 54

That has a lot of contradictions there, in it, on your part... Im surprised you dont seem to see that yourself.

Do you play Killer how much?

• LapisInfernalisLapisInfernalis Member Posts: 1,268

I give Killers a Kill if they were obviously new and I'm safe to blackpip or if they played a killer just for the Archives and wanted to farm.

It happend to myself in some cases as well. One time all 4 let themselves die to EGC to say thx after my farming match (I was playing Blight 4 the Archive) because they only had campers/tunnelers/mori before that.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 1,229

I'll give killers a kill if they played fair, I'm sure I'll blackpip or it was a farming match

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 1,369

Love people implying that survivors are terrible because they don't give killers free kills. I can't remember the last time a killer has given me hatch.

• naughtyboyjamesnaughtyboyjames Member Posts: 700

Sometimes I've had survivor's give me a sacrifice, but I never understand why.

• magicmaster2020magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 410

I usually give killers a kill if they're farming. Like I still get my blood points, but I try to be nice as much as possible.

• magicmaster2020magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 410

Honestly it feels like I dont give hatch that much anymore. Mainly for the reason that everyone I face is toxic, and why would i give a toxic person hatch.

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 460

I've seen both, though getting a free hatch is a lot more common than getting a free kill. TBH, I'm also a lot more likely to give someone hatch than I am to give someone a kill. I think it's because letting someone have the hatch basically just means choosing to do nothing, whereas letting someone hook you when they otherwise wouldn't have requires more effort.

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,073

I'll usually always let a killer kill me if they're a memer. Nothing in this game is more enjoyable for me than playing against memers.

If a killer struggles but still plays nice despite the fact I'll let them kill me too.

• MewMew Member Posts: 1,322

yeah, when i'm going against a new killer i let them kill me

• AxxAxx Member Posts: 162

In all my time playing, I have had like 2 or 3 survivors give me pity kills. I know I that I have let someone go via hatch or door way more than that.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 1,845

That’s just you, though. The average killer does not give hatch or free gates. I’ve given tons and tons of hatch escapes but I can count on both hands the number of times I’ve been given a free escape when playing survivor. Merciful killers are by far the minority.

• UncleStabbyUncleStabby Member Posts: 210

It happens. Rarely, but it does.

• HawkAyeTheNooHawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 529

If you offer some killers a kill most pick you up and drop you at the exit gates anyway.

Same if a killer drops me on the hatch, i appreciate it but i dont want a free escape so i dont take it and killer either hooks or the entity takes me.

Dieing or escaping is whatever, the reason im still playing after all these years is for fun. Points, rank........couldnt care less.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,940

Yes survivors do and I've personally done so.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 4,171

No. That's one of the reasons I stopped giving hatch to survivors. I did give killers a kill though either by not saving a teammate or going to the basement myself if he played fare but the ods were stacked against him