Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Why is SWF so broken?

Comments

• CovensCovens Member Posts: 15

Yeah so we want both fixed. Iri head is mostly taken with intry belt (sorry is i types it wrong). You can then have 3 insta down hatchets that saves the killer a complete health state and the survivor a speed boost.

And very unfun for survivors.

• TotemsCleanserTotemsCleanser Member Posts: 609

There's little to nothing that the devs can do to "nerf" SWF. Maybe change some tools that they abuse (OoO and keys) but that's it. If anything, solo Q could be "buffed" so that it would become as powerful as SWF, and then the killers could be balanced around that. Maybe.

Devs can do literally nothing to stop SWF teams from being on comms and sharing information with each other during the match. Literally. Nothing. The core element that makes SWF powerful, which is comms, cannot be changed by the devs. And people will continue to play with friends, because playing with friends is way more fun than playing alone.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 14

It's mostly not so bad, until someone cheeses it with OoO on discord.

That's small pp play style though; so I'm not too bothered losing to that.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 10,406

Dont get me wrong, I would find it kinda funny if a Killer player waits 30 minutes for a game, just to play against 4 Solos and will most likely still lose this game. Would be interesting to see what they say when their excuse is gone.

However, everything what would increase Queue Times for either side should not be a thing.

• NotACompPlayerNotACompPlayer Member Posts: 183

its not op, youre clearly new lol, stop blaming everything instead of yourself for losing

• SocialDistomancySocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

probably wouldn't complain too often if it was more fun for them, the playstyle is part of what makes swf unfun, they abuse the ability to coordinate very well with up to date information in order to play in ways that deliberately annoy killers like timing stuns and saves and body blocking forcing you to slug etc. Then there's a lot of tbags, as if they're actually proud of themselves for doing so, as if it requires great skill to do so. Avoiding that and having it become a rare thing would be welcome to a lot of players probably.

It's kind of funny when it happens in randoms sometimes, like a night I needed a stun the killer in 3 or 4 times in a match rift thing and a couple of randoms must have thought I was trolling and decided to join in and we abused a poor hag for about ten minutes when we could have escaped. We did it until we were finally all hooked to death after a long time running the poor thing around and screwing with them. They probably assumed we were a 3 man swf, but, ironically we were randoms or I was solo at least. It's possible they were duo but they didn't seem to play like it until then. What seemed to kick it all off was letting the hag pick me up at a pallet so I could ds there, and then try and time the pallet when it wore off to stackt he rift challenge stuns before running it around and trying to still be able to escape after the rift thing lol. It'ss till funny thinking about it, playing that way was unfortunately really fun and hilarious so it's not gonna be easily deterred.

• ilovedbd123ilovedbd123 Member Posts: 1,918

yeah, winning chases does help, and if your team isn't good then the loops may be shorter. The issue is you can force the killer to loop one person via body blocking and lingering. IF you on an SWF then you can tell the best looper to start grabbing the killer's attention so that they don't patrol gens, which if the basic loop costs them 1 min, 10 seconds to hook. then that's basically at least 2 gens down by 1st hook. Whilst it may be a "game mechanic", so is choosing your perks (which need to be balanced) and maps and RNG loops (which can sometimes make or break your game). You saying it comes down to winning chases when the amount of things you can control is infinitely more so than on a solo queue (for example with randomers you don't know their skill level beforehand, but your group of friends you can account for your skill levels and decision making). This may be your experience ( you may be a better killer than the average purple or even red rank) but that does not change it for casual players. Most SWF are difficult to deal with as a killer before your heavily experienced in most killers, so if you are then congrats, but the skill difference needed to win for an SWF and normal solo queuer is entirely different.

• lagostalagosta Member Posts: 1,513

I digress on a few points here. In this case, specifically, matchmaking seems to have flexed the level range for killer after the SWF were in the queue for a while. This is the intended behaviour of the current tool. As a survivor main, I don't think choosing your queue is cherry-picking, that can already be done by dodging suspicious lobbies.

I believe that it is impossible to balance SWF and SQ together. The variant here is not the killer, it's the survivor team. SWF are prone to use comms to coordinate efficient and bold strategies. Even without comms, when you play SWF you're playing with selected teammates that have experience with your playstyle and you with theirs.

IMHO, separate the queues and balance around that, either giving SQ some kind of benefit (IDK built-in kindred to allow some level of coordination) or increasing the difficulty for SWF (by giving the killer some built-in perk too/increasing the number of gens to be completed by 1).

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 2,555

Saying that someone can deal with higher level play by being a more experienced killer is exactly the problem with the SWF complaint. By the way, we all have potato moments, I’ve been wrecked before, but SWFs are not untouchable. I’ve beaten tournament players with clan tags; yall can too.

My overarching message is to not politic to make a good game soft and plushy and unfun by removing the competitive side of the game. It’s fun as it is. Learn to overcome.

• popeyeskidpopeyeskid Member Posts: 8

lol what? obviously I am new, I am just pointing out how stupidly broken it is. Whether I have played 100 games or 10000 games, it still changes nothing.

• SOMENINJANAMESOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294

Lol, I nodded my head in agreement the entire time I read this. I love your passion.

• SwInDSwInD Member Posts: 13

Someone told me about this thread and I read through everything and thought it was very funny, here is the VOD of this game so you all can understand that the killer making this thread actually does just NEED TO GET GOOD.... I'm sorry..... https://www.twitch.tv/videos/883234262

• SilentPillSilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

I mean it’s more a matchmaking failure than anything. SWF is stupid strong and throwing baby killers into meta squads with probably thousands of hours is pretty dumb.

Meta squads? My ONE friend and I were running appraisal and plunderers with coins. I also stated that there was a flaw with matchmaking in the post game lobby. We didn't do anything toxic we just played the game and he was not as, good simple as that. Whether it was a matchmaking issue or not the case still stands. Either way I posted the video to prove that it was a 2 man stack, we weren't running anything meta, we did not flame him in post game, and the guy knew we weren't even a full squad as we talked in post game about it but decided to come and complain about how op and amazing SWF is. Enjoy the day

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

It changes quite a lot. You’re new enough that you don’t even realise the problem with this match wasn’t SWF, it was matchmaking and your own inexperience.

This was a group of 2 with 2 other solos so SWF really wasn’t your reason for losing here. The 2 stack were even running stuff that slowed them down and made them waste time so it’s not like they were some highly optimised SWAT team. The problem is that you made a lot of mistakes because you’re new to the game, which is totally understandable and not your fault - it’s a failing of the ranking and matchmaking in this game.

You should be complaining about how horribly this game onboards new players by making them go against people with thousands of hours, not SWF. Removing SWF would not have changed the outcome of this match at all.

• ILoveDemoILoveDemo Member Posts: 681

Jeez just men up or get gud in the Game. It's not that they did something against you in RL.

Bluntly, the chest build is almost just as bad because it practically guarantees a key. And guess what, you found one. Then all lined up at the hatch to jump out.

Then at the end you complained about camping and tunneling which honestly is just as cringe as him complaining about SWF. I love how the guy doesn’t even know what tunneling even is yet because it’s that made up by the DBD community.

And I’m not specifically talking about this game I’m talking about what happens in DBD in general.

Nice troll dude, I had one person with me and we didn't flame the killer in post game chat sorry to break it to you. The person who opened the hatch was also a pub so we had no communication with him either. Not to mention the door was literally 99% and a 5 feet away from the hatch so what was the issue? This is my last response as I'm pretty certain you are either trolling or didn't read half of what I said or even watch the video. Sick take though looting chests to make the game take longer than necessary is totally meta and as strong as all those meta perks like UB/DS

• BamboozledBTWBamboozledBTW Member Posts: 1

I agree. I'll have you all know that I am rank 1 both sides and find survivors absolutely disgusting. Playing this game with your friends only makes you more toxic and entitled. Running perks like appraisal is just sweaty and disgusting. 

Every swf is toxic. Wake up lol pathetic. 

Tunneling is just something survivors make up because they're salty over losing to the survivor sided mechanics like Spirit, Slinger, and Nurse.

• TiltTilt Member Posts: 2

I mean, I just played the video game.

There were still 8 second chance perks that game. If one person has DS you have to play like all 4 people have DS.

The chest build + extra chests is equivalent to bringing a key so even if that guy managed to win it would been a loss due to a key because you need ~80 seconds of cumulative generator time across 3 survivors to win with a key.

And you are right I just skimmed it because I’m not watching some baby killer get dunked on for 10 minutes in between you holding M1.

• KGeddonKGeddon Member Posts: 3

You do receive an advantage in SWF. Sharing information is key, and if you actually look at perks and use logic, you would see that SWF is the equivalent of perks.

BHVR does not control discord. They only control grouping.

Therefore, the only solution(which must be implemented) is to remove strength from SWF to compensate for the advantages gained that are beyond BHVRs control. Grouping as two loses one perk on each group member. Grouping with 3 loses one perk and one add-on slot on each group member. Grouping as 4 loses two perks and one add-on slot on each group member.

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 2,555

Nothing must be implemented. The comms doesn’t make as much of a difference as you’d think. Telling your friends “I’m about to be downed by the killer” isn’t that helpful.

The disadvantage to the killer is losing a chase. The calculus is the same, comms or not. Down a survivor, hook them, find another survivor, hook them. All teams crumble to this.

If the killer’s not winning chases, it isn’t because people talked it into happening. They played better.

Just saying “I’m going for the save do gens” is the difference between 2 people slamming gens while 1 person saves, or 3 people all swarming the hook.

Or maybe with Object;

“The killer is X”

”The killer spawned here”

Or maybe “I have unbreakable don’t worry about picking me up”

SWF can coordinate map/key escapes as well as have significantly more resources to offer survivor sided maps and hatch offerings.

SWF gets bond, kindred, empathy, aftercare, immunity to blindness, etc all for free. If they play poorly and don’t take advantage of that it doesn’t mean other better groups do not.

• TiltTilt Member Posts: 2

I hate this argument so much that when it pops up on stream I mute comms and play perkless to prove it doesn't help that much...

• KGeddonKGeddon Member Posts: 3

They don't have to implement it if they throw balance to the winds.

If they do want to balance, the way I described is the only correct method open to them.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 2,526

Having 2-4 survivors have common perks equipped is hard to deal with effectively

Then add comms to it and it can turn into a nightmare for killer players

plus RNG rules over all with map layouts

• shane32shane32 Member Posts: 360

I went through so many blood webs to get a indoor map to play jump scare myers and finally got one. I was excited and It ends up being a our man and they litrally take all he joy and fun out of the game. They tell each other were I am were I am headed. Just zero fun

Honestly, that build isn’t that good anymore. You want silent bell + wall hacks wraith these days. You lose a bit of the wall hack range but run around at 125% and have a massive lunge instead of going at 105% with a pitiful lunge.