Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Killers Lobby Dodging

I'm curious how often Killers dodge lobbies and why?

I know I will occasionally dodge a lobby if I catch a whiff of the "griefer team". You know....key, map, 2 flashlight, and they're all steam friends or private profiles or console players. I mean, honestly, killer queue is so fast it doesn't really matter to me. I'll be done with a game before they're even in one.

Comments

• kingcarl2012kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 634

Last weekend i had a rough patch of like 5 in a row that were just awful, i think i dodged about 15 straight lobbies after that for a suitable match.

• CornHubCornHub Member Posts: 1,864

It's honestly depending. I know people that refuse to do it no matter what the lobbies look like and others that leave if there isn't at least one default skin present.

• offwhiteknightoffwhiteknight Member Posts: 172

Last weekend was rough. I depipped 2 ranks from 9 to 11 because I kept getting matched to red teams.

• kingcarl2012kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 634

In The afternonn on sunday i climbed to 10 and then sunday night dropped me to 13

• MasterGritMasterGrit Member Posts: 331
    edited January 2021

Me, survivors looks too noob or bringing key.

I like facing swf, it's challenging.

• Mileena_KahnMileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600

I’ve always been curious when killers say that. How can survivors LOOK like a “bully squad”?

• th3th3 Member Posts: 1,711

I don't really dodge unless I have to go to the bathroom.

• Mileena_KahnMileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600

I just don’t see how someone can judge a team of supposedly being a “bully squad” by cosmetics. 4 flashlights maybe? But I normally hear the first reasoning, which is, having something to do with cosmetics.

• offwhiteknightoffwhiteknight Member Posts: 172

Cosmetics that require lots of iridescent shards, multiple flashlights, keys, friends on Steam, all identical skins (gotta make sure the OoO is hard to pick out), all cross-platform. This may not be 100% foolproof, but I don't need it to be. You have 2 or 3 of these things, I'm out.

• FFirebranddFFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,073

If I'm on Myers and there's a Key, I am not sticking around. That's pretty much it though.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,892
    edited January 2021

If I'm not being super memey, I'll often ditch a lobby if two or more survivors are playing the same character. It's too difficult to keep track of during the match.

• XyvieliaXyvielia Member Posts: 1,814

I was in a Solo queue that got dodged 12 x’s consecutively. It’s possible that some of them were the same killer.

I had a map, so I’m guessing some of them were bringing Undying/Ruin or other hex perks.

We were in that lobby for almost 10min

• skylerboundskylerbound Member Posts: 490
    edited January 2021

Oh I have and will continue to do so. I only do dailies at night and if I see excessive toolboxes/flashlights and a key. Matching names that look like an obvious team... 4 p3 blendettes I’m moving on. Also if the loading screen comes up with a map and hatch offering, I’m out.

I don’t want an easy game but if the daily to feral frenzy x4, blink hits, etc I just want to complete that quickly and have a chill game to try and max points which results usually in everybody doing well.

• Karao_KeKarao_Ke Member Posts: 1,217

I lobby dodge because the ONE time I decide not to is when a key & a hatch offering is brought.

The only time I lobby dodge is because of keys, and that's because they're unfair.

Oh yeah, I dodge 4 P3 Claudettes too unless I'm doc. I always feel like I'm seeing things when playing against them.

• Farshad7913Farshad7913 Member Posts: 58

approximatelly outta 10 lobbies i dodge like 2 or 3. if i see 3 toolboxes or a key and map

• RittihilattiRittihilatti Member Posts: 124

I dont care about survivor levels, ranks, skins, items, offerings, until the point im sure it is NOT an SWF.

Check player profiles. SWF? Dodge.

I get 90% SWFs when i try to play killer, so i let that go.

Actually, after 3k hours...the game is currently uninstalled...for the first time in the history.

It has a good chance to stay like that; for a great cut of the playerbase the next update will be a critical point that might determinate the future of the game.

• KeezoKeezo Member Posts: 449

Only time I'll dodge is if I see a combination of 4 medkits/keys & I'm doing a meme build & I dont have time to change my perks

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,622

Keys, and certain countries. Keys aren't fun and playing with people say from Russia connections can be pretty bad, I have nothing against anyone but lag isn't fun, keys are unbalanced. Probably would dodge 4man swf I play for fun and honestly a 4man meta that can ruin any fun... not always but swf does need a look at (dont hate 2/3 swf just want a little balance, it's fun with friends just not balanced at high level play)

• When I played killer if I saw three or more of the same character I dodged

• BioXBioX Member Posts: 1,378

Lobby dodging is for people who care way too much

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,851

I'll try to find a new lobby if I somehow ended up on a server where I have bad latency.

But that's honestly the only thing I check before just tabbing out until I hear the sound of the start-of-match camera spin.

• jrinkwaterjrinkwater Member Posts: 314

4 people with the same identical skins

multiple keys

3/4 toolboxes

All PC players with multiple TTVs (not that I can't beat them because I do often, it's just they tend to make it feel like a trolly game fighting perks and not players)

• kaerukaeru Member Posts: 1,556

I only dodge when ping is 130+. And I may dodge if I have kill/sacrifice challenge, and there is Dwight in my lobby. I can't force myself to kill Dwight.

I don't care about any outfits and items, so I never dodge lobby prejudging survivors.

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,898

This thing was THE worst.

You sometimes had to wait like 20-30 minutes if you wanted to play with friends and then boom,killer dodges the lobby because we are a SWF and then you would have to wait for a new lobby again

• JasixJasix Member Posts: 1,225

I have never dodged a lobby as a killer. Why would I? If I am going against a 4 man SWF and they beat me - oh well. If I am going against a 4 man SWF and I win - cool. I don't play to win - I play to have fun.