Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Dear Key Swappers,

Don't think for a second I won't make you regret even thinking about bringing a key into my trial.

...and bring Unbreakable. Because your ass is spending 4 on the floor after I've hooked every other survivor in the trial.

Comments

• CurveballerCurveballer Member Posts: 27

Go and play candy crush, you're out of your mind! Let everybody play like they want you're not the gamemaster. You're just the killer.

• JPAJPA Member Posts: 1,685

It's not like Killers can bring a free 4k though. If you want to rank up and someone pulls this off on you it's a bit frustrating.

I don't mind if someone just has a key equipped in the lobby, it's the last second switch which is sneaky and anything goes for those players (aside from abuse in the lobby, or anything against the rules, obviously)

• JPAJPA Member Posts: 1,685

The thread is about people who swap the key in at the last second, so it's not obvious that it is a SWF, or that there will be a key in play.

• gendossgendoss Member Posts: 2,210

I bet you're a legion main

• ProfoundEndingProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,298

Sorry I wanna get my challenge done 🤷‍♂️

• xEcoLog1cDuk3XxxEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

A well-deserved escape. They don't have to be good at all, just find a silver square on the ground and press one button to win.

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

OMG. You're so scary... Hope never get you on my games. Number 1 slugger ova heah.

• EuphoricBliss35EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 876

It doesn't obviously mean they're swf. "OH! 2 items in the lobby! Must be a toxic deathsquad! OOOOOOH!"

you guys watch too much twitch and take this game wayyyyy too seriously

• EuphoricBliss35EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 876

Calm down on those testosterone injections, they're shrinking more than you might think

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

Repaying one scummy thing with another one. A cycle continues anew, you're free to do so as much as they are to last second switch. My wish is that devs do something about both so we don't have to continue cyrcle of spite.

Like lock survivor build in last 30s of the lobby so that killer can prepare and survivors can't change stuff anymore. And for slugging give survivors option to concede (self die instantly) after 2 minutes of beiing slugged.

• Captaincrazy83Captaincrazy83 Member Posts: 22

Slugging and tunneling is crap just like gen rushing. Both are crap ways to play. No points are made on either side. I mean I like seeing the killer get kills and I like seeing the gens get complete. I good close game is the best. A blow out is what most want why? It’s point less. Just my opinion. #DeadByDaylightBestHorrorGameEver

• vacamanvacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I actually like that people like you exist that have the patience to do that, this way maybe we see less keys.

• KayTwoAyyKayTwoAyy Member Posts: 615

Thanks for bumping my post, everyone. I really need some more optics on this so the word gets out.

Keys are an exploited self-serving mechanic that have no place in this game.

---

When you bring a key, you are saying "I care about myself, and only myself."

As a Killer, you open the door for me to care only about myself and my enjoyment. Which in that moment, just so happens to be ruining yours.

As a Survivor, your key tells me you'll be willing to leave me on first hook if it means you can find the hatch. So I'll happily let you die on your first hook and take your key as my reward.

---

If you need to abuse every item/perk combo/synergy just to climb, you don't belong at the rank you are trying to reach.

Perhaps this needs to be said, because i've heard the opposite being preached on these forums, but Dead by Daylight does not become "more fun" when you reach a certain rank. Dead by Daylight becomes more enjoyable when you see improvement in areas you worked hard to learn (be it looping, stealthing, 360ing, flashlight saving, etc.) and earn that next rank as a result of your improvement.

---

Dead by Daylight is a cooperative game, where escaping is dependent on the collective effort of all four survivors to power the exit gates and earn their freedom. Yet time and time again I have witnessed Claud after Claud move from one locker to the next with her bright shiny key, waiting for her team to complete enough gens for hatch to spawn. I have looped killers for 7+ minutes while Claudette, the only other living survivor, crouches in a corner of the map with her key in hand, waiting for me to die so she can find hatch. I have sat one too many times on first hook for over a minute, as the killer patrols gens, watching my teammates follow their key-holding queen thru the hatch.

The key is a ######### stain on Dead by Daylight. Any way you slice it, it is a selfish item that incentivizes a "me first" mindset--a major design flaw in a game so blatantly centered around teamwork.

Whether I am a killer or a survivor, I will ALWAYS respond to your key with the same self-serving attitude that drove you to bring it in the first place. You cannot escape this game alone--I damn well will make sure of it.

• timbolognatimbologna Member Posts: 348

I don't really mind keys as a killer main but i quit taking the game seriously long ago. Now i just play immersed and how i want, if they're gonna gen rush im going to make an appearance then go stare at a fire for the remaining fifteen minutes . Should they fail to break my noed ill usually down one to stare at the fire with me, sometimes they'll do it, sometimes they'll try to escape, sometimes they'll be content to stay at the fire but ill take them to the gates. Idk, as long as you personally have fun; i don't really care if the opposition has fun most of the time. Sometimes i do throw games a bit since i've depipped so far i'm technically a smurf and don't want to ruin their impression of the game.

• ShirokinukatsukamiShirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

You gotta catch me first. If I avoid you all match and escape you look like an idiot.

• Grandpa_Crack_PipeGrandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 2,058

Dude, do we have a Navy Seal on our forum?

• TripleStealTripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

The only thing people toggling key last second have in common is that they are literally never good, no exceptions.

• whammigobambamwhammigobambam Member Posts: 1,061

Flashlights and keys countered by lightborn and franklins.

Lightborn and Franklin's countered by a last second swap.

Last second swap countered by a close application.

Close application countered by a report user system.

Report user system countered by devs on vacation.