Home Dead by Daylight Forums Rank update error and Disconnection Penalty

Game Rank Update Error

This has happened to me several times I didn't realize there was an area to address this. The most recent time was Jan 21st 2021 at 5:55pm Eastern Standard Time. I know this because I saved the video immediately. I play on PS4. I was a hag got a merciless killer victory on Rancid Abattoir. Each time I have gotten this bug was when I achieved a merciless killer victory or a double pip as a survivor. I have not see this happen with a single pip yet personally. Each time the game play is smooth no ping issue then on the score screen I get the 3 spiral claws of death and I go, ######### here we go again. This time was slightly different than the rest because it put me back to the main screen and gave me a network failure which said, "Unable to retrieve ban status from server." I thought what how did I get banned I didn't even do anything, so I reloaded the game then I got connection error "Cannot connect to online services. Please try again later. Error Code: 8,024" so I reloaded the game a 3rd time and got the Game Rank Update Error or Player Level Update Error whatever its called and it not only took my 2 pips from the merciless killer victory, it took a 3rd pip as if I had lost a game. Every time I get the Game Rank Update Error I loose 3 pips of progress. I play at red rank level so it causes me to fluctuate between rank 5 and rank 4 is when I see this error the most but I have seen it going from rank 3 to rank 2 as well.

Comments

• Anti_BughuulAnti_Bughuul Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2021

The last time before this that I have evidence for was December 28th, 2020 at 6:02pm Eastern Standard Time again a merciless killer victory this time as huntress on The Underground Complex, again going from rank 5 to rank 4 with a merciless killer victory double pip and coming out with the 3 spinning claws of death and losing 3 pips due to Player Level Update Error "An error has occurred and the game was unable to update your Player Level. Please restart your game. Error code: 401 Details: We're very sorry for the issue. The team is aware of this problem and are working towards a fix. We appreciate your patience! Player ID: (not gonna put) Timestamp: 2020.12.28-18.02.40"