Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

Why not nerf the Wraith back?

powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

You should just nerf the Wraith back to the basement again since most Wraiths at ranks 1-3 Hard camp just as much as they did before the emblem change. You should re add in all those applets and put the maps back where they were before so Wraiths have a reason to camp.

I'm partially joking of course but seriously killer mains your Wraith brethren are making the entitled survivors looks like saints right now. It's even worse when they sit there post game and say ez as if it took skill to camp with Purple addons 5 steps from the hook.

Comments

• MalakirMalakir Member Posts: 799
    edited October 2018
    When you said it was partially a joke I cracked.

I don't see on console many wraiths at all and just unlocked his teachable since I don't really like his playstyle but is that common on pc?

I'm an egoistic survivor so if somebody is hooked I rarely save unless its close and i make sure the killer is away 100% but If they camp ain't them subject to genrush pretty heavily?
  • CetrenCetren Member Posts: 917
    Malakir said:
    When you said it was partially a joke I cracked.

I don't see on console many wraiths at all and just unlocked his teachable since I don't really like his playstyle but is that common on pc?

I'm an egoistic survivor so if somebody is hooked I rarely save unless its close and i make sure the killer is away 100% but If they camp ain't them subject to genrush pretty heavily?
    There really are not that many wraiths, although I have noticed an increase in them since his EPIC costume came out.

I main him but I'm usually ditching the hook and I run the brown and yellow add-ons half the time so yeah. 
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Well after his update there was a flood of Wraiths but it died down some and distribution was across the board but still lots of them. But the camping during the event, mainly due to the pallet and looping spot changes has gotten really bad.

Because of the super fast cloaked movement speed and spam cloak/uncloak with no cooldown restrictions they can just sit behind an object just a few steps away and camp. They do need to ut a inhibitor on the cloak/uncloak spam similar to how a Nurse gets fatigue on her blinks.

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,317

Umm don’t get caught... or don’t be dumb and save someone who’s being camped seems like a problem u are causing yourself.

@Cardgrey said:
    Umm don’t get caught... or don’t be dumb and save someone who’s being camped seems like a problem u are causing yourself.

Yeah don't get caught when the killer stumbles on you and can outrun you, great idea and hey you don't know the killers camping until surprise he reveals himself.

It's this type of logic that makes most of the regulars here shake their heads in disbelief. Yeah it's totally my fault some killer that has no skill is camping/tunneling non stop someone. It would seem it's the no skill camper that's the issue not the person that happened to get caught 1st.

Want people not to get caught then prepare for endless looping/flashlights and guaranteed 4 man swf since solo is getting screwed because some killers can't get kills in solo q without camping.

Seems like this needs to be changed to Wraith now, Bubba is understandable but Wraith camping is as bad as a Billy or Nurse camping.

Real question why save someone if there’s a good chance he’s camping there?

@Cardgrey said:
    Real question why save someone if there’s a good chance he’s camping there?

Because you don't kn ow the persons camping them since Wraith or Insidious around a corner unless the person lets you know the killer is camping. EW I MYers is immune to all stealth detection perks as well and all the killer has to do is disappear and go around the corner behind objects/walls. Mostly Autohaven and Swamp tiles lately makes it easy.

edited October 2018

So umm u gonna answer my question lol why save someone instead of doing gens. U don’t owe that survivor a save...

edited October 2018

Idk I use empathy to know generally what’s going on....
    If I don’t know we’re a killer is I just assume facecamping
    A hooked player is nothing but bait....
    Are u good sir a fish? If not don’t go for the bait and hook lol

• MichikoMichiko Member Posts: 624
    Cardgrey said:

I was waiting for one of your kind to show up to this thread. Welcome.

@Michiko said:
    Cardgrey said:

I was waiting for one of your kind to show up to this thread. Welcome.

Welcome to u too.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,517
    What's next, Freddy OP, pls nerf?

So the Leatherface mains switched to Wraith. Doesn't mean that every Wraith hard camps. 
    I've played against at least a dozen Wraiths during the event. I haven't noticed a change in behavior. 
    Yeah some camped. So did other killers. 

I'd say, give killers something more interesting to do, than standing next to a hook or running in circles. 
    People might camp less.

@Tsulan said:
    What's next, Freddy OP, pls nerf?

So the Leatherface mains switched to Wraith. Doesn't mean that every Wraith hard camps. 
    I've played against at least a dozen Wraiths during the event. I haven't noticed a change in behavior. 
    Yeah some camped. So did other killers. 

I'd say, give killers something more interesting to do, than standing next to a hook or running in circles. 
    People might camp less.

All I’m saying is why leave if there gonna come to u..
    And why make a save if u don’t know were the killer is
    That would be a bad choice of the saver.

My point is that it's gotten worse after the pallet rework, some of the hardcore campers never really did it beforehand and were all good chasers. Now however with less pallets and less evade spots they've gone full on camp.

What makes it even funnier is during the event and after the fixes to maps i've only faced 3 or so camping Bubba's the other ones are all map gods at pressure. Again if you don't know the persons camping you try and save them for the points, especially if the Wraith has the no directional sound addon.

The other real issue is that there's so many people at ranks 1-2 that belong at like rank 15-20 and more than the normal bunch here and there. These are people that even with relaxed emblems couldn't have played like that and gotten that far without being either boosted or a bought account.

During events people get further than normal but this is just beyond belief and I might just start playing a camping wraith to get to rank 1 in 3 days or less if it's going to be like it is now. 😜

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,512

Why? Are they just being dicks because of the event? The only other thing that I can think of is that they are running the purple All-Seeing add-on and waiting for a Survivor to go for a save so they can surprise the Survivor and possibly get a second hook.

@SnakeSound222 said:
    Why? Are they just being dicks because of the event? The only other thing that I can think of is that they are running the purple All-Seeing add-on and waiting for a Survivor to go for a save so they can surprise the Survivor and possibly get a second hook.

So far only one has run the purple combo, the rest are a mixture of addons but mostly they're just being dicks more than likely. What's really sad is they're taking advantage of the event offerings but hooking people on non event hooks or the same hook over and over again.

• yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,704

don't get downed if you don't want to get camped, simple

@yeet said:

Yep the typical response, so you don't mind getting flashlighted non stop, looped endlessly and 4 man swf ds groups only got it.

• yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,704

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

Yep the typical response, so you don't mind getting flashlighted non stop, looped endlessly and 4 man swf ds groups only got it.

yeah because I can beat most of them and then they send me salty messages and I laugh because most of them are bad at the game

I know I’m not 1337 like u all. But the hardest part for me is finding that first survivor honestly

• GicheGiche Member Posts: 753

@Cardgrey said:
    I know I’m not 1337 like u all. But the hardest part for me is finding that first survivor honestly

When the game start, go to the opposite side of the map.

There they are.

Lol if only that easy. I pip up too fast lol I should be around a 10-12 and I’m like a 3 lol there stealth game is on point

@Cardgrey

Ahah i feel you.

I just indicated to you the general area where you will find them.

Already half of the work done x)

Now actually finding them is a skill you can improve only with playtime.

Playing both side help a lot too.

@Giche said:

@Cardgrey said:

When the game start, go to the opposite side of the map.

There they are.

Sadly that's true and even with any shrouds being used you all still get grouped together, then throw in a Wraith/Billy/Spirit/Nurse someones getting found within 1st 10-15 seconds.

On the map reworks they also went overboard since a lot of the ground cover on say Swamp was removed in various sections. Where before you could stealth around now it's just wide open areas and even areas with cover it's been heavily reduced.

Now speaking of being found early Macmillan Estates 2 of us spawn near shack, 5 seconds later Nurse is there. Didn't help it was a 4 blink Nurse but the fact is it's way too obvious where people spawn at and when you get grouped it's way to easy to get found.

Before you needed a shroud to get grouped in 2 or 4 size now it auto does it so killers just need to run to opposite side.

@Cardgrey The one thing I'd add to what @Giche said is turn your brightness up some since it makes finding people on the dark maps a piece of cake.

edited October 2018

@powerbats

Agreed to an extent : Spawn points should be more random.
    We all ask for it since release.

But the fact that you always find survivors at the opposite area of the killer's spawn isn't something new, and it's a legit killer strat', the rounds already goes quite fast, it's good that a killer can find someone quite early balance wise.

Keep in mind that most maps aren't that large, which mean if you don't spawn at the opposite side of the killer, you'll spawn near him/on his starting area.

Not a lot of fixes available on that one.

Played quite a few game on the Swamp too.

While the size reduction is quite nice, i personally found that it was still quite easy to stealth on those maps, due to the hight amount of tall grass and "corns" (don't remember how you call them in english), often quite clustered, that can make it tedious to even chase someone there, especially Claudettes.

Post edited by Giche on
    edited October 2018

@powerbats said:
    @Cardgrey The one thing I'd add to what @Giche said is turn your brightness up some since it makes finding people on the dark maps a piece of cake.

Thanks for the pro tip will try it...
    Also most of my problem is tunnel vision. I want one so bad I may miss obvious signs.

• MhhBurgersMhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

I noticed wraiths tunneling a [BAD WORD] ton and then patting their shoulder after a match. Esp irritating as a solo survivor who can't tell the others to just do gens.

• MarknessMarkness Member Posts: 174

No leatherface avatar for you. Bingbong boy is dog crap and can still be looped by a semi-competent survivor. If your team is not doing gens and the [BAD WORD] is camping you then its your team's fault. Campers are pretty non-existant at high ranks because they get gen rushed.

edited October 2018

@Cardgrey said:

Thanks for the pro tip will try it...
    Also most of my problem is tunnel vision. I want one so bad I may miss obvious signs.

The key is to try to keep your cool no matter what happen, no matter what [BAD WORD] is thrown at you.

In order to still take the best strategical decision at this moment.

Anger lead to bad decisions, that often lead you to 5 Gens long chase and some tea-bags.