Home Dead by Daylight Forums Polls

New HUD vote Yay or Nay

KlakkyKlakky Member Posts: 444

So now that the new HUD came out, what are everyones opinion on them?

I myself think its horrible and cause IRL eye pain from having to look all over my screen for information

New HUD vote Yay or Nay 327 votes

The new HUD is horrible and needs to be changed as soon as possible,preferably before the event
77%
HommeBizarreEye66GibberishHorsePowerpopolesImmersedNurseMister_xDZagridBlueberryNehalennyaNuttydaggersnightDestroyusVolantConch1719NoxeriasMistikusv4lorJarethGoodBoyKaruDemon_Swords 254 votes
The new HUD is bad and should be changed at some point
14%
Kalec84AdelooSeiko300SapunkaWoodywoolMat_SellaTapeKnotHeartbound[Deleted User]Horror_Gamingthen4321Boosted_Dwightmusstang62TaigaKristenGuyNamedPubertlindenisheavendogDarootLeafstormGreenPufferFish 49 votes
The new HUD is fine leave it
4%
SuperyoshieggSlaughterhouse3blue4zionMicheal_MyersSalineroGo_Go_RobotoSeangar1CornHubIsJustMeThicc_Boi_MyersChurchofPigDerZuntorJayjayJetplanedummer33344bubbabooeyHex_Husband 16 votes
Love the new HUD
2%
WeederickGHERBEARRULESDanielgdp3SillierHorizon5KelrieReisMinerNoOneKnowsNovaGrum_P 8 votes

Comments

• Danielgdp3Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452
    Love the new HUD

How is the new HUD too cluttered? It literally got spread out more from the previous version

• DerZuntorDerZuntor Member Posts: 289

I like it, but it needs many changes.

• Danielgdp3Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452
    Love the new HUD

Yeah the old version was more compact. I just don't find it cluttering to me now I find it so much better I don't have to look at the bottom of my screen anymore, and I play with the lowest scale of the HUD so its barely noticeable on my screen maybe that's why I don't have an issue with the change

• Kill_Yr_Idol83Kill_Yr_Idol83 Member Posts: 194
    The new HUD is horrible and needs to be changed as soon as possible,preferably before the event

Did they ever consider the fact that most of us console players, play on 60-70" flat screens?! It is impossible to keep track of anything with this garbage UI. I can't for the life of me understand why the devs keep making changes that are destroying both their game and the player base.

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 2,672

Kiddos all afraid of change.

• IWasLeft2DieIWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,004
    edited February 2021

In largely okay with it but would like generators placed at bottom of screen. Its not terrible and I largely like it but being at top feels unnecessary. Overall I love it but just want a minor change

• KristenKristen Member Posts: 60

Have the developpers played on computer with Discord at some point ?

Because one of the most important part of the overlay simply overlap Discord overlay... Meanwhile useless like tools is peacefully displayed alone on the bottom left, just totally empty when we don't have any items....

The new state element is pretty but totally unplayable.

The aim of it is to display information de ba quickly understandable, but now there're just too many colors, it's not easily and quickly readable at all :/

• KlakkyKlakky Member Posts: 444

I believe discord let's u choose where u want to see your friends icons

• onemindonemind Member Posts: 3,089

I would be almost perfectly fine with it if they kept the icons in the same place as the old one they can keep the current icons as if for all I care just put them back to where they were

While that is true,it is not player friendly to make them change their Discord overlay only for one game :v

And since every corner is now used... That make it a bit tricky

• Leonardo1itaLeonardo1ita Member Posts: 1,999
    edited February 2021

@Peanits I hope this feedback you were looking for about the new UI is good enough

Post edited by Leonardo1ita on
  • Demon_SwordsDemon_Swords Member Posts: 67

Most of the killers have powers where keeping track of their power gauges or power numbers is important, yet they moved the survivor states and gen numbers away from there.

Its very impractical to look at the top of the screen unless you are not in chases and don't care about potentially missing survivors.

• Not_topcatNot_topcat Member Posts: 2

Yeah the HUD seems almost counterintuitive.

• The new HUD is horrible and needs to be changed as soon as possible,preferably before the event

As bad as it is - you can scale it down in terms of size in the settings screen.

• IWasLeft2DieIWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,004
    edited February 2021

My major critique of the new hud would be the hook meters are ungodly small. Those need to be enlarged for sure. The generators would be better off at the bottom but thats not a big deal.

• Pet_The_LizardsPet_The_Lizards Member Posts: 1,387

I don't intensely hate it, but yeah, I much prefer the old one.