Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The new Game map has 25 pallets, yes you did not read that wrong.

2»

Comments

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 2,023

It also has several of the strongest 3 gen openings Ive seen in a long time, not even old Blood Lodge or old Azarovs had such strong 3gen setups like Ive seen on the top floor of The Game.

• Oreo7Oreo7 Member Posts: 56

And I'd still die because bc I'm terrible lol

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,223
    edited February 2021

Its actually closer to 29, the map has 25 tiles (door tiles are merged with the tiles next to them for pallet spawns)

the 21 non corner tiles have 1 pallet each, with either a pallet on the floor above or a pallet on the floor below

Corner tiles can have more pallets detectives room that always spawns includes 4 pallets 2 top and bottom

Staircase has 2 pallets one top one bottom (up to 27 now)

the other corners have 1 pallet each and include the drop down room with the staircase

the room with the pallet behind a storage rack

and the room with the top floor pallet that is next to a hole in the floor

most of the corner room pallets are god pallets with 3/5 of those tiles including god pallets

• DabihwowDabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

WOW, Holy god... yeah I'm waiting for them to fix that.

• vacamanvacaman Member Posts: 1,140

This map is complete garbage. For killer it's super boring because chases consist almost exclusively of breaking pallets and for survivors the same. There's no mindgame possible, just chase and hit spacebar until there's no more pallets to break. Just replace me with a bot when i get this map please.

• vacamanvacaman Member Posts: 1,140

But don't you think that they should add more windows and walls to do some interesing loop instead of just dropping pallets all the time or die? There should be an inbetween.

• KolbyKolbyKolbyKolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 339

I don't know what The Game y'all are getting because most of the times I'm on it as a survivor, killers choose not to break the breakable doors which turns half of those great pallets into complete dead ends which you cannot escape from.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited February 2021

I won't be surprised if the normal amount is closer to 30 (not counting breakable walls) and you just got lucky. Add in the walls and you've got around 40 pallets/walls on the map. The walls also sometimes block off paths to hooks, so it's either leave them up to trap Survivors but struggle to get to hooks or kick them so you can get to hooks but you can't trap Survivors there anymore and gives them more opportunities to loop you. The Game already had issues with hook generation, but the rework made it even worse.

• ChiTenshiChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

There are also the breakable doors that when left alone turn select rooms into dead ends. I feel like some of the people on this discussion break the doors because they can and then regret their decision later. Like all maps that have breakable doors, not all should be broken.

• SlickstylesSlickstyles Member Posts: 445

*laughs in nurse and doctor*

• NegiNegi Member Posts: 310

They ruined this map. All they did was go all-in on the problems this map already had. I can't wait for the Haddonfield rework where every area has a giant one entrance fence and a gen inside of a house.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,966

A 'little more' survivor sided? You literally have god pallet after god pallet stacked here. Nearly every loop is safe. This isn't 'more balanced,' this is something going wrong in the algorithm. Instead of actually making the map fun for both sides, they simply flopped and made it a pallet simulator. Do you really need to play more than two matches to know the devs f'ed up on this one?

And don't forget about the breakable walls everywhere. I've had survivors wiggle off because my route to hooks is blocked by two in a row on just the nearest hooks. As survivor, I've been trapped in multiple dead ends because of them.

No, this was a rushed job. Devs slapped a pretty look on it, then shipped it. Look at the quality of the rest of the update, that should give you a good indication how this one was handled.

• Horror_GamingHorror_Gaming Member Posts: 242

And how many vaults are there? Because I can think of 2 jungle gyms, 1 height vault drop, a freezer window, and a security window. There’s a reason the map is a pallet heavy map. It’s designed to be like that.

• HaddixHaddix Member Posts: 866
  • RougualRougual Member Posts: 511

Just use Hex: Blood Favor and get the hit BEFORE the pallet, wow like come on. /s

Seriously tho The Game was my favorite map and im glad it got a change but the new calorie count from pallets you'll be eating in this realm is rediculous.

• PeaceNGreasePeaceNGrease Member Posts: 641

I actually completely agree with the thread creator, but you may we'll be onto something.

I'd say at this point, a good amount of maps are fairly killer sided or were balanced to be less of a pain in general for killer. Ormoumd is great for killer now. I think it's fair to have a level design that gives Survivors a small advantage....

But they also do need to fix those fatshamming spots they made on other maps ASAP

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 2,023

I have noticed those doors are not like other maps breakables, the breakable doors at The Game isolate hooks instead of making infinite loops, I have had Survivors wiggle because the only close hooks were behind breakable doors.

If this is intentional my guess is they want Killers to strategize if either they want easier to access hooks or dead ends.

• chadbeastofpreychadbeastofprey Member Posts: 433
  • AVoiceOfReasonAVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,267
    edited February 2021

I just want to point out that there are a ton of deadzones for survivors due to breakable walls. You enter an area and become trapped. I would like for them to really look at both sides because the amount of places with 2 pallets but no way to leave but to go through the same door downstairs is really bad.

Post edited by AVoiceOfReason on
  • ChiTenshiChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

Not really noticed this much, but if that were the case I would start slugging Survivors in the dead ends.

• savevatznicksavevatznick Member Posts: 651

The art team redid the map, so I think they placed the pallets as well.

• CountVampyrCountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

It was a rank 1 Legion that I think was only pretending to be afk to challenge himself. We were all red rankers. It wasn’t a 3 gen situation, but it was close. I gen in 2 corners on one side of the top floor and another closer to the other side on the bottom floor. He was able to get everywhere with high speed and of course with it being Legion it was almost impossible to hide from him. It wasn’t that we were bad it was that he was a very good killer and the map is too damn small.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,691

Sounds as though they actually made it more fair. This map was EXTREMELY killer sided before, so if they've added some more pallets or adjusted and reduced the deadzones then that is a first. Killers often used it as an offering it was so killer sided. Some rooms did not have a single pallet!

• goldenchild74goldenchild74 Member Posts: 47

Exactly, and if you arent playing with a swf tht knows what theyre doing you get dead zones really fast and the top floor the center gen area is basically a dead zone. I mean there are situations where u have to throw the pallet like when going against leatherface so thts understandable. All killer has to do is make sure to pick the "3 gens" and make sure to get those pallets in those areas get broken as fast and as early as they can and then its dead zoned with a high chance of getting a hit. As a confident survivor I hate the idea of throwing pallets as a way to get away from killer, hell it takes me a while to get my throw the pallets challenges done. They shld just add more windows. I actually didnt mind the previous game map just the only thing tht made it unfun for me was the fact tht it was too dark the lighting they have now is great.

• OhnoesOhnoes Member Posts: 561

There is a big leap between what it was at and 30 pallets. Dead zones surfacing doesn't matter when the number of pallets is high enough that you can just throw them till the gens are done.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

DbD is over four years old and the devs still have not learned proper map design. This is one of the biggest reasons I am so critical of them.