Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Am I the only one who rarely encounters tunneling and camping

I always see a bunch of people complain about tunneling and camping but like I feel like i never encounter those things. Im not devaluing anybody's experience in the game, I'm just saying through mine, I never see it. Only time somebody camps in my match is end game which I don't blame them for and tunneling is not as rare but not very common

Comments

• JPAJPA Member Posts: 1,685

No I very rarely experience it as a red rank survivor. I remember seeing a lot of it though when facing rank 20 Killers.

If by tunnelling you mean someone going out of their way to repeatedly rehook the first player they saw. Occasionally I'll see some tunnelling by a Killer when they have hooked multiple people but they are under lots of pressure from gens going quickly.

• AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Seems a lot of people here have varied definitions for the terms. For a not insignificant number, tunneling is any time they are hooked twice, and camping is the killer remaining on that half of the map after hooking. Under those definitions, you'll see it a lot more often.

• AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Always nice to see other sane players

:)

I hope you have a wonderful evening

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,066

I wouldn't say it is rare, I see it maybe once out of every 4-5 games, and it usually happens only after gens go really fast. I maybe see hard tunneling once out of every 6-7 games, and rarely do I see face camping. I do see proxy camping often though.

I also noticed console players camp and tunnel more often than pc players do. But that may just be my experience.

• TruffleTurtleTruffleTurtle Member Posts: 615

As a console player, I've noticed fellow xbox players being worse. But I blame the matchmaking. I have about 105 days worth of playtime and when I check their profile they only have like 1 or 2 and often are the weak link. Why the game is pairing us up is beyond me. I can't tell other peoples playtime or not so thats just my experience

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,066

Yea, I just assume console players just don't play as much as pc players do.

Also, I love your name.

• TruffleTurtleTruffleTurtle Member Posts: 615

Thanks. And don't get me wrong, there are good console players that I used to regularly play with and see but as of late and all the matchmaking mess, I never see them anymore. I think it also has stuff to do with dbd being on gamepass so more people are likely to pick it up with them being new

• ohheyitsbobcatohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,220

Red rank PS4 survivor and it's really rare for me to see the hardcore tunnel or camp that wasn't brought about by some reason. I've been facecamped and tunneled a lot but it's normally because I led the killer around for way too long or say I'm the first hook they got and 4 gens are gone. I understand those and think it's fine. In fact, I expect to be camped in those situations.

It's pretty rare I see an unprovoked hardcore facecamp or tunnel though. I'd say 1 in 10 games or so which I don't think is all that bad. When I do see them it's almost always someone that's lower ranked and they got thrown into a red rank game for some reason.

• KellieKellie Member Posts: 1,328

Might just be you.

• Pat00tSackPat00tSack Member Posts: 45

For me it feels like most of the camping happens from yellow-brown ranks, and tunneling happens purple-green. Currently bouncing between rank 7 and 8 and I have never been tunneled more in my life. The one time I got to rank 2, there was less of those but so so many DCs. Like get hit with one hatchet? DC. Accidentally slow vault a window? DC. Ridiculous.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Hardcore camping and tunneling is relatively rare. I have seen killers do that against really good survivors.

However, normal camping and tunneling is very common. Many killers will often come back to the hook and try to snowball. When that happens, it's pretty common for the same survivor to get hooked again because they couldn't get away in time.

But as others have pointed out, sometimes the survivors play really dumb and the killer has no choice. That's why it's important for teammates to take the aggro.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,472

Depends on what you consider tunneling and camping.

I’ve seen many killers play the “dumb” card and leave the hook, only to immediately come back. It’s almost like they think “If I left it doesn’t count”... lol

So yeah, good for you that you don’t have to deal with those two. Many people do.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791
    edited February 2021

Yes, in short. I rarely play these days. When I do, 2 thirds of the killers I encounter if I'm survivor are usually running a VPN and NOED and ensure that even if no gens have been completed they stay within a tile's distance of the hook, or in many cases, stare directly into the face of the hooked survivor.

A month ago when I had over 40 hours a week on this game, it was the same story.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,288

Rarely and usually justified

• snax9111snax9111 Member Posts: 67

i dont know cause i only play killer nowadays, but i never ever camp i do tunnel 15% of my matches, ( i tunnel a single survivor, the one who BMs me ) so everyone else i face, they dont get tunneled or camped

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,317
    edited February 2021

I do encounter it, but its rare enough to not run ds or bt.

I sometimes think that the ones that claim to be tunneled and camped every game might be teabaggers that get annoyed when they are caught. But i have no evidence for that, and there are killers that tunnel and camp no matter what.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,326
    edited February 2021

It is very common but it doesn't bother me that much, you just move to another match quicker.. I think it that way. Also if you are being tunneled or camped you will do crap blood points anyway.

I never use DS in my survivors unless im being tunneled or camped 3 times in a row, wich almost never happen. There are far better perk to use than DS despite being so popular. In reality most survivors that use DS its just for toxic purposes, you won't see many survivors while playing as killers that legitimate use DS to avoid tunneling, to the contrary you mostly see survivors that want to get your attention.

This is of course from the point of view of a killer like me that don't camp and rarely tunnel unless its a toxic af team.. I love laughing at them when they try to ruin your playthrought and ends the other way. The silence in the chat after a toxic team is rekt is priceless... xD

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,602

Give me your games ❤️

• EquusEquus Member Posts: 305

I rarely get tunneled or face camped, in high ranks you just can't afford to do that. When I was in low ranks it happened more often. A proxy camp is more common but I consider that good strategy so I don't mind, most killers go for the unhooker anyway. I tend to get camped when I outplay the killer in a way that it tilts them which happens most if the killer is low ranks and shouldn't be matched with me. I almost never get any value out of ds which is why I now run something else.

If you get tunneled and camped alot in high ranks you need to rethink your playstyle cause you're doing something that peaks the killers interest towards you and not any of the others.

• Alice_pbgAlice_pbg Member Posts: 5,066

I rarely see it too.

people just call seeing the killer twice tunneling

• VonCrowVonCrow Member Posts: 287

I guess it means you're finding good killers. Camping was never a good strategy for the killers because allow survivors to freely do gens, they complaing about camping because they don't play killer at all. Sometimes camping is needed thought, if you don't have any other objective to patroll (for example having the last 3 gens together with the hook).

About tunneling, with Borrowed time and Decisive Locker (Strike), tunneling is kinda hard. You focus in one survivor and 4 gens will pop in 3 minutes.

Basically both strategies are bad because how fast gens go.

• bobateobobateo Member Posts: 254

In my experience, it comes in waves. I might get a day or three of matches where there's no tunneling/camping (and I mean hardcore, "I'm going to get that guy that just got off the hook despite 2 of you standing right in front me" or "I might get just outside the terror radius to catch you and whoever comes to get you or you/I'm going to stand right in front you and stare at you"). Then the next day it's just game after game of those things. Both things are rarer than matches where it doesn't happen, but both happen enough to be noticeable and definitely not a surprise when it does.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,568

I don't see it in every match but I do see it daily. So its not rare for me.

• DjangoTheGhostfaceDjangoTheGhostface Member Posts: 137

Well you can be really open to what you consider camping and tunneling. Have you ever been downed twice in one game? That's tunneling. Ever have a killer not run away as soon as they hook you? That's camping.

Im very rarely camped but when i am its a Bubba or Doctor