Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Killer Mains Must be Loving the New Update

I play killer as well but not as much as survivor. Are killer mains enjoying the update? Cause survivors sure arent. Every match I’m in the killer wipes the floor with survivors and can usually do it while hopping on one foot and blind due to the hit boxes. I mean it’s gotta be like shooting fish in a barrel for Killer mains.

Comments

• DragonshensiDragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

I’ve played the game map a lot since the update, and while it gives survivors a slightly better chance, due to it being a small map and the large hit boxes, neither me or any of my teammates have gotten away, much less even finished the gens. The closest I ever got to my team and I winning a match on the game map was when we managed to get the gens down to one.

• ImHexyAndINoedImHexyAndINoed Member Posts: 396

BWAHAHA you're [BAD WORD] spot on right there

• KolbyKolbyKolbyKolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 264

You mean the bus that had its maps disabled immediately after it was found? Seems like a bit of a weird thing to be upset about considering the desync is still prevalent.

• EvanSnowWolfEvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

I don't feel any difference in hit boxes.

• ZeusZeus Member Posts: 2,112

We can't disable hitboxes now, can we? Besides grim pantry is still in game

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Wondering what the death rate has been at these past few days.

• _HN__HN_ Member Posts: 385

What would make you think Killer mains would enjoy the update more than survivors?

If anything the update has been worst for the killers than survivors, the UI changes makes having a clear view of the game while chasing someone way harder, and the showcaed OoO and DS nerf still aren't a thing, and let's not even talk about keys.

• Karao_KeKarao_Ke Member Posts: 1,207

You're either the luckiest person alive or just extremely oblivious because they are god awful right now.

• Toblerone007Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598

Well yes actually.

The hits may look the same for killer but survivors cannot manage distance correctly if their hitbox is not in the correct position. It still nets easier for killer when survivor players cannot control their mechanics.

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460

I keep hearing about these broke hit boxes and wondering when do "I" get to have one. :) I've been playing a Tier-1 Myers and have NEVER whiffed as much as I have in the last several days since the update. Did all the Killers but Myers get a broken hit box that is bigger, while mine is even smaller than before? :)

• EvanSnowWolfEvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

I played three games today on Killer and not once did I feel a weird hitbox. I had the same near-misses I always do, and missed several attacks due to Dead Hard.

People on the forums are acting like M1 has become some kind of localized polearm or hand grenade.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,816

Nope, because every single trial is 3-minute gens unless I'm running an s-tier killer with some of the nice trimmings. It was kinda fun at first, but the event kind of made even solo's genrush.

I had a guy get salty on me just an hour ago because I stretched out a game on Hawkins for their benefit. He said, "imagine taking 30 minutes to 4K on Hawkins with a Scratch Mirror Myers." I was like, well I was trying to do you a solid after your first person disconnected and then the next suicided on the hook. No gratitude. In fact, I'm having problems getting to complete a game (now that I think of it). I had one team, the ENTIRE team, disconnect right after one person took a single hit from me on Lerys. I'd LOVE to get me some of those fast paced, rough games. What region are you in MadLordJack? Can I get in your que?

• DragonshensiDragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

Most of the broken hit boxes are coming from killers like Freddy, Doctor, Ghostface, and Leatherface and Clown. Probably more honestly.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Not really. The new UI is horrible for killers. Also, the new survivor animations look quite bad from the killer's perspective.

That said, I will say survivors got the short end of the stick with this update. But that's what happens when the devs push bad changes through.

• _HN__HN_ Member Posts: 385

Here's the thing that most survivor main have a very, VERY hard time to get :

The hitboxes are fine. They DID NOT change with the patch.

The problem isn't the hitbox the be ping between killer and survivors that is extremely desynced.

They dont want to believe that on the killer side, all thos "bullshit hitbox hits" they keep complaning about are in fact perfectly legit hit that the killer made, but they were delayed on their screen because of some majorly ######### up backend stuff.

That would make sense. Hopefully the DEV will get that handled. Or perhaps it would be better if the game also sorted people by their Ping. :)

• Karao_KeKarao_Ke Member Posts: 1,207

People might over-exaggerate it a bit on the forums but it's definitely happening. I've noticed that my queue times as killer are longer & I can bet it's because of survivors leaving due to the hitboxes.

• DwigthtDwigtht Member Posts: 463

As a killer main I don't enjoy the gameplay now after the update.

The survivor animations look like I am chasing a headless chicken jelly.

Hitboxes work against me. I've tried to get those 10 miles away hit, but instead they manage to drop a pallet 10 miles away and stun me.

Really, decided not to force myself into playing this game even though there is an event in progress. I am gonna wait for the fix, and launch the game just to collect those 50,000 BP

• JimbusCrimbusJimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 881

Please school yourself on the difference between hitboxes and desync. This isn't a hitbox issue.

On the killers screen, the hits largely look fine.