Home Bug Reporting
We're currently investigating an issue impacting rank resets on all platforms. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for more info!

[PC] The Emblem System and Pips are broken

Comments

• RybeRybe Member Posts: 34

I'm purple...i was wondering why i was having such a hard time ranking back up

• PantlessMyersPantlessMyers Member Posts: 710

I've noticed my unbroken emblem is grayed out unless I escape the trial, no matter what I do. It's very frustrating, I can't get out of low ranks unless I carry the entire game and live, which gets hard when my green rank team gets matched against red rank killers half the time.

• TheLastSurvivor11TheLastSurvivor11 Member Posts: 4

Is there an ETA on an update?

Additionally, how broad is this issue?

It wouldn't be so bad if it was across the board, but some survivors play like their rank. i.e. I'm a rank 4 playing at 8. They play like 8s

• KotentopfKotentopf Member Posts: 218

Why is this not hotfixed yet?

• IsenherzIsenherz Member Posts: 3

I lost many pips at the last days!

• ThePugStoneThePugStone Member Posts: 4

Just to add to the list of PIP photos. I also lose pips from a DC'd match at load screen as well.

• Immy1Immy1 Member Posts: 2

Oh look at this one...

Was 8, bar clearly shows what should be a plus one but says 0 progress and I depipped down to 9. I thought maybe it was a glitch and left the screen to see my level and yes I'm down to 9. Am I missing something??? Rank isn't a huge deal for me but with all the issues and I use the player report feature and nothing seems to change. Maybe this will help if I start posting them all here.

• ThePugStoneThePugStone Member Posts: 4

Not even two games later, my second depip in the safety zone! Ill reaching for Rank 20 one game at a time.

• Tim16HDTim16HD Member Posts: 5
    edited February 21

I have the same bug

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 2,951

Losing pips when I've had safe unhooks, completed gens, and escapes is wicked obnoxious - especially when the game decides to do -2 pips when I should've received a pip.

• ChaosetiChaoseti Member Posts: 8

Today I have died twice and lived once. Each one of those games I have received gold unbroken. However I should only get max silver unbroken on death I believe despite alive time. Pips are still being weird, I thought that had been fixed last patch? or am I mistaken?

• maxkangmaxkang Member Posts: 4

"Losing pips even though you appear to have safety pipped: Fixed in 4.5.2 (this was a visual bug where the game would incorrectly show you a higher quality emblem that you actually earned)" https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/227754/release-information-4-5-1#latest

Match ended at the beginning due to a player's connection lost. I remember this won't cause pip loss.

• NevrionNevrion Member Posts: 15
    edited February 22

I was just wondering when the dev's think I would be able to play the game again with none of these emblem issues? I mean ... the current rift-season won't stop, because of that, isn't it? Any ideas?

• slayer925slayer925 Member Posts: 26

Idk why they didnt hotfixed in 4.5.1, but instead in 4.5.2, AND this killer hits lmao. WTF did they with the whole patch? Supposed to have new UI, but they achieved to fuc us in all ways: UI, rank progression, game experience. But ey, just wait to 4.5.2, which is ahead with no ETA lmao. WORST QA EVER

• EmbyEmby Member Posts: 7
    edited February 22

Edit: added screenshot

They did say it was fixed in the most recent patch but the pipping system is still messed up for me after the patch went live.

I made sure to capture the date and time in the screenshot for proof.

Post edited by Emby on
  • Basic2000Basic2000 Member Posts: 1

See I though I was going crazy at first but I noticed this issue and I was like wtf???

• This fatal problem occurred out of self-righteous self-satisfaction by the staff of behaviour. In addition, they neglected quick correspondence in spite of so severe bug, malfunction.

The possibility that they repeat the same mistake again will be very high in future.

We must take some kind of actions. You must not remain silent.

• Bot000xBot000x Member Posts: 3
    edited February 23

You guys are lucky :) at one game i depipped 52 in one game and now I'm just playing just for fun because the game decide if I rank up or not even if I had no emblems still I get pips or lose it just random

I think this game should have no updates. every update comes with funny bugs I'm afraid if this keep going we will have a bug that destroys the PC lol 🤣

• LapisInfernalisLapisInfernalis Member Posts: 1,377
  • wigwig Member Posts: 18

Has this finally be fixed in 4.5.2?

• DieGräfinDieGräfin Member Posts: 29

Fix patch 4.5.2 now the issue with the ranking system and broken pips and unbroken?

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 12,720
    edited February 23

@LapisInfernalis is that since the update today please?

yes. I just noticed that i got a Golden Unbroken when I died.

This one was also post 4.5.2 but this one is fine. I died and got Silver Unbroken.

• slayer925slayer925 Member Posts: 26
    edited February 23

I've played today without the patch as I wasn't aware it was ready. My friends told me to check steam, and the download was waiting to start... Played after patching, and unbroken emblem was exactly gold (I survived in a long game) but no extra points. I suspect it is gold capped? Idk, I'll keep an eye on it.

I played a couple games and everything seems to be fixed, although I did escape every match.

Escapes are fixed (I guess). But an Iri Unbroken after being Tombstoned seems not right.

Well... Technically I died (aka escaped) the match without getting downed once XD

• tomtomrc89tomtomrc89 Member Posts: 4

Hi! New on the forum.

Just to note I’d had the same issues: pip system calculating gains/neutrals/losses incorrectly and unbroken blacked out despite long running games.

tried tonight after patch and unbroken working OK... But:

• had a game where I de-pipped despite getting a neutral score (should have been zero pip change) and
    • just had two games in a row where someone disconnected prior to starting and I lost a further two pips because of it (and a toolbox)

so doesn’t seem to be resolved (on pc). Frustrating!

Maybe it’s compensation for all the ones you were denied before? 😂 I escaped every match broken and got gold every time so maybe not the best test...

I’m on PS4 and the pip calculation has been fixed for me but evidently this is not the case for everyone.

losing pips when someone disconnects has been happening to me for a very long time (before 4.5.0) and I have reported it many times.

it is very frustrating especially since I haven’t seen it properly addressed, other than bhvr saying it’s just a visual bug when it’s more than that.

Just speculation on my end but maybe it’s not a priority for them since they basically want to get rid of rank anyway. Personally I wish they’d keep rank and improve it to better reflect skill whilst implementing some other way to reward frequent players.