Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Survivor ego

2»

Comments

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,871

I do, if Killer did nothing wrong and other survivors just put in "ez just go back to rank 20" ect.

If Killer does toxic and other survivors responding back, I just leave and say nothing.

• JasixJasix Member Posts: 1,225

If you think this is a survivor only issue - you are either willfully ignorant or do not play survivor enough.

• Dingo88Dingo88 Member Posts: 219

It's something thats never gonna go away.

To many people have these big egos because they think they are the best and no one can beat them.

They have to relize its a game and theres no point on getting wound up about it.

• OlokunOlokun Member Posts: 204
  • pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,551

The disproportion is mainly numbers, there are more survivors in game ergo there is more opportunity for salty comments from survivors.

Also when you have a team mentality vs a single oponent, its easier to level your disdain at the oponent than your team mates. Even if the team was poor and the oponent playing a good clean game. So there is actually less of a behavioural barrier to abusing the killer over abusing your teammates.

We are all human, we all have egos and we all get pissed off at some point. The goal is to maintain a lil dignity and not let your ego and emotions overide your common sense.

Online competitve gaming can bring out the worst in people because its virtually zero consequence and its predominately anonymous.

Just remember that salty comments in endgame chat be them abussive, threatening or even gloating over a win say more about the abuser than the abused.

Repeat offenders are just wearing a big flag that says I'm a crappy insecure person and that makes me a crappy insecure gamer.

• HeckaYeahHeckaYeah Member Posts: 187

I'm some ways this is a good thing- chats tend to be awful. But, it bites because if someone had a great run and it was a fun match I (as a switch player) can only give props and the rest of the world can't see that. There is not a way for that person to see that I've payed them a compliment.

There's a lot of times where I'd like to tell a killer "gg well done" or another surv "thanks for the save!" But I can't in any form.

I know with the recent bugs and new content coming up the devs have full hands, but maybe they can at least make it so we can see who has given up props??

**Disclaimer I personally know it's a game and if it's a bad run then it's my fault or I got matched with a killer who's flexing and the odds of being rematched are low- I tend not to get too mad so my personal likely hood of sour messages are v low, this doesn't go for all but *shrug*

• VSchmittVSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Most of the times it happens it's when you're against a SWF. They know how the game become extremely unbalanced once you get 3 or 4 people in coms, so they think they're entitled to winning. Most of the time when they start bringing excuses and the "camper/tunneler" "strat" I just say "ok, ggs, go try to bully another killer" and leave chat, so they can mald alone.

• N0IDEAN0IDEA Member Posts: 149

I think that's the "Not everyone is like this and not a single side" OBVIOUS advise moment

When there's a consense in the intire cimunnity we know hich side is a #########

• TheMadCatTheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I have to now... I want to say GG and all, but people keep insulting each other and sometimes it's even me. Like, "you useless because my SWF lost". I mean, I'm a solo Survivor.

People do mistakes, no need to insult them. I don't insult the ones leading the Killer to me because they had no idea I was there. I'm not insulting because they get downed ten seconds after the start of the match, and so on, and so on...

I can't even enjoy the nice people having nice conversation in the end game chat because of the ones who just want to let you know how much angry they are because they lost.

• TrialByFire476TrialByFire476 Member Posts: 100

If it's "obvious" then why didn't the OP say it? Why did they just talk about how toxic survivors were and not mention that killers can be toxic, too?

Because they can, but they VERY USUALLY don't

Gotcha?

And obvs, all survivs are nazis

• RocketPenguinRocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

so you've never gone against a person who purposely tunnels camps as like spirit/freddy/twins and then in endgame chat spams "git gud" or "ggez"?

Idk i see a lot of killers with ego problems that play just to piss off survivors

• TrialByFire476TrialByFire476 Member Posts: 100

You're not being completely serious, are you? Obviously you won't see as many toxic killers because it's 4 survivors per 1 killer. Lower chances doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

• BlindninjaBlindninja Member Posts: 462

Even with the 4v1 it happens so much more with survs its ridiculous. Its a LANDSLIDE. Guys cmon. Get real here we all know it's true who are you kidding?

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,598
    edited March 2021

Couple of things....

First off, let's not assume that everybody is capable of looking inward and reflecting on their own mistakes and misdeeds. Deflection is a coping mechanism far too many people use and it's hard to break. It took me to my middle age years before I started realizing what a fool I'd been and stopped blaming others for my own short-comings in a game.

Secondly, let's not pretend this is a survivor thing because I see my fellow killer mains pulling this bs too.

Lastly - I personally keep my mouth shut most of the time if the other team got destroyed. I know personally that a GG when I know I did badly and could of done so much better feels condesending and I'd much rather people just stay quiet if they utterly destroyed me. To me, trash talking me feels so much more honest than a GG when it really wasn't. I know in my head that it's meant out of politeness, but emotionally it feels like salt in the wound. Just say nothing.

• AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Honestly I think a lot of the reason for it is role.

If the survivor gets pissed off by play they don't think is fair, or fun, they can't do much about it other than quit on the hook or dc.

Post game chat is really the only place for them to let that frustration out.

Meanwhile if the killer gets tilted, he can camp and tunnel whoever pissed him off, so there is just less reason to bother in the chat. He solved the problem during the match.

• BlindninjaBlindninja Member Posts: 462

I Like that! Finally someone who sees it and instead of denying the numbers, adds logical reasoning behind it!