Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

Accidental Deception Mishap

TricksTricks Member Posts: 957
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

So I was using Deception to juke a killer to my whereabouts during a chase. I ran past the locker slamming the door as I went, I hear the locker being opened, I turn around and see a Survivor being picked out of said locker.

It'd be great if Deception would highlight occupied lockers auras so you don't unwittingly alert the Killer to another Survivors whereabouts while trying to escape.

To my knowledge this would not be perceived as a buff, only quality of life improvement.

Post edited by MandyTalk on

Comments

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 1,769
    edited March 2021

It would be nice, it would also allow you to avoid zones where someone is hiding or use it to prepare for a Head-on from a teammate and as you said, this would be such a niche buff it wouldnt make the much better.

• PilotPilot Member Posts: 1,158

And not have clips like this happen?

Impossible

I should maybe slap a loud warning on this clip

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 957

omg that laugh is just awful.

I've seen bond used in this way maybe twice in my 2000+ hours in dbd. So not enough to be an issue but awful when it happens.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 4,085

Honestly I think the situation you described would happen more often if lockers were highlighted

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 8,031

Yeah it would probably promote sandbagging, especially baby-Dwights would suffer from this :)

but generally not a bad idea, it’s just the Community that would abuse it..

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 16,705

I must admit I've accidentally done this to someone, as I didn't know they were in the locker!

Highlighting the lockers that people are using is probably going to be more abusable though, as people have said - the temptation to sell someone out in a locker would be too great!

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 2,379

Yeah, I would foresee more intentional abuse of Deception if it did that. Why not just remove the ability to interact with occupied lockers altogether? You can literally be held hostage in a locker by your fellow survivors.

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 957

That would be a solution.

I've seen team mates open lockers in front of the killer because they know a team mate is inside just to spite them because they got caught and want to ensure their team mate meets the same fate as them.

Removing locker interaction with occupied lockers would remove this aspect of the game.

It would depend on weather behaviour intends on this part of the game all be it toxic to be available to survivors or not.

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 2,379

Yep. And unfortunately there’s still the pointing problem, but at least you can’t straight up be confined to the locker anymore. Same with being cornered, I don’t know why they haven’t removed survivor collision yet.