Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The difference in respect between Nurse and Spirit players

2»

Comments

• Dizzy1096Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

Yeah a Nurse thats good is far worse than a spirit thats great. At least pallets and vaults can avoid a hit against Spirit.

Hag all depends on if the player knows whether to bind teleport to mouse wheel. If not shes ok because you get a reaction time, if they do know to do that there you get hit the second she teleports theres really no way to avoid it.

• OrionbashOrionbash Member Posts: 697

Nurse requires a lot of skill to learn to play and does have counterplay in most situations.

Spirits on the other hand just throw on Stridor and jack up the volume on their headphones (Or even use mixers to amplify the effect of Stridor) and they have zero counterplay. Its crazy how one perk can unbalance a killer so much. But, such is the case with Spirit. :/

If Spirits don't use Stridor I respect them for their skill but if they do then you're basically playing on easy mode on the equivelant of a 4 man SWF.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

That's how builds work, you take perks that complement each other and your character. Your best bet is being stealthy, since the Spirit can't see you. Adapt to the killer you're playing.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 7,985

You played one game. For all you know that survivor would have said that about any killer or any high tier killer.

• MaviKusMaviKus Member Posts: 38

heh, the best I ever did with Rin was 2k and 2 escapes. I wish I'd get salty messages after a spirit match, just once. and I will go back to my main gal Lisa and never touch Rin again

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,670

The Nurse doesn't "mindgame" by standing still. As broken as the Nurse can be, when you get hit you can always think of how you could have played it differently. With the Spirit most of the times you have the feeling that what you did didn't even matter because it was all based on chance.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,515

SWF can destroy Hag if 1 survivor is always forcing her to chase and tripping her traps. But yes, I think her macro tp is stupid as it even can counter that strategy.

• Northener1907Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I love playing against Nurse, even if i die games are fun. Because there is chance for counter her. And i respect Nurse players because i know how hard playing as Nurse.

But when i play against Spirit i am just killing myself on first hook. Game is not fun against her and i dont wanna stay in game.

• REL1_CREL1_C Member Posts: 619

People say nurse is harder to play than spirit but I just don't agree. It's true, getting a good blink is difficult but what's a harder is locating a survivor as spirit, especially survivors with iron will.

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    edited March 2021

nurse is 4k hungry, sweats, likely to 4 man slug, doesnt waste a second of barbecue and chilli, immediately goes to the nearest gen being worked on, but isnt that toxic (usually)

spirit: hits you on the hook for no reason and stares at you for 3 seconds, nods when they down you, rubs the fact that they mindgamed you in your face, throws the game just to ruin it, call you trash in your steam profile comment section,

overall, nurse sweats more, but spirit is more toxic.

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

she may be annoying to go against but atleast she doesnt give me the mental pain like the spirit does

• Dizzy1096Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

How on earth is there a chance to counter nurse, but from your reply I'm assuming you're one of those who thinks spirit has no counterplay.

Nurse was always the most hated killer. I feel like a lot of people here have rose-tinted specs and when they think of Nurse they're thinking of the Nurses they go against who are just mediocre players wanting to do a daily, therefore plenty of mistakes.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,257
  • Northener1907Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Learning Nurse is not easy and here not so much good Nurse players. I hate Nurses when they have so much blinks. But still Nurse is not annoying me like Spirit. I really dont like Spirit, when i see her on my matches i am just killing myself.

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,437

as others have pointed it out before:

the main issue is how little there is to do in the game, and how many big streamers push the idea that you must completely devastate the 'other' side when playing (because it attracts views), meaning some people are drawn towards killers that have easily exploitable powers, no matter how balanced they might appear in theory (because lbr, the devs rarely give the impression their ideas for how a killers will get played are based on actual gameplay).

Spirit has this issue, as do bubba, pig, freddy and to a degree deathslinger. Huntress and clown get this with their iri insta-down addons that atm work at short distance, and let's not speak of myers and the tuftstone combo.

These killers get such a bad reputation from people who are abusing exploits to pretend they got the biggest skill in the whole community.

And it's sobering how the devs encourage scummy playing time and time again.

• DoomedMindDoomedMind Member Posts: 793

I'm sorry, but to know how to counter Nurse, or you have 2500+ hours in the game as a survivor, or one day you were/are a Nurse main.

Nurse is strong. Hell yeah she's strong, and probably the strongest killer in the game. But she has a lot of counter plays. As a survivor, there are situations where you never want to be facing a Nurse. Play Nurse, and you'll know the tricks and tips to make your chases long enough to win. When you played her long enough, you know exactly how much distance a Nurse is charging, and by seeing where she's looking at, you can juke her. And yes, in the open, she WILL catch you. Search for loops with high wall and trees, these are quite commons and allow you to do a lot of mindgames by breaking LoS.

But Spirit, it's just a matter of having the habit to evaluate distance while hearing survivors or beating Iron Will. And in the survivor PoV, you make "random" plays, you wait a little, then vault, maybe vault again if you want, there is not mind game, there is only 50/50, alea jacta est, maybe I'll die, maybe I'll live, but it's not your skill that is making your fate as a survivor. And this is a problem. You can't blame yourself for playing badly. You just... took the hit. That's it.

I hate Spirit as a survivor, it's... So random. It's uninteresting as fck :/

• FastestVirginiaFastestVirginia Member Posts: 59

The difference between mind games of a normal killer and survivor to the one when you facing spirit is that when you're trying to mind game normal killer, both sides have simmilar chance of the results because neither of them see eachother at tiles etc. With spirit you just have to put stridor and hear survivor at any given time, so it isn't really a mind game when spirit knows exactly where you are. You just mind game with yourself.