Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why did you choose your Survivor/Killer main?

Honestly with all the discussion about "blank" either being too weak or strong, let's just have a calm discussion on why you chose your main. Did you like how they looked, related to their backstory (this is concerning for killers), thought their perks were good, or specifically for killers, thought their power was cool or meta?

I'll go first, I've mained ever since Hillbilly shortly after the release of the console versions of dbd (I held back from buying it immediately since Friday was a thing). I've been following this game since Trapper was the only killer, so come time when Wraith and Hillbilly were released with the full game, I decided I would main Hillbilly out of the three, my decision didn't change even as more killers were released before the port to console and now while I do play other killers, Billy-boy will always be my number one.

Comments

• megswifeymegswifey Member Posts: 810

Meg is so pretty hhhhhhnggg and she looks a bit like me so I feel ~immersed~ lol! And I like Twins because their perks are really fun to use and play against, and Charlotte is really pretty to me too ;w; I also enjoy Plague a lot because you BLEUGHHHHHH all over people which is really fun and, you guessed it, she's also very pretty lol :)!

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 3,391

I choose to main Adam because I like the back story as it relates to me a lot. I'm black my family from Jamaica and I'm not too social and i value education like adam.

• Kei_RaKei_Ra Member Posts: 56

Zarina her backstory and cool aesthetic really clicked with me

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 1,258
    edited March 2021

When I first started playing I "mained" Jake because me and my friends wanted all of us to play different survivors. I had a fun time shamelessly saboing hooks that never respawned. However at about lvl 50 I really wanted to switch to Claudette because of how immersed she could become when prestiged. This was about the time Uber prestige was being discussed on the dev streams (now known as legacy prestige). So it was the perfect time to start prestiging for that 'uber prestige skins' too.

I therefore took the plunge (despite my friend not liking me being the same character as them) and spent ages prestiging Claud to P3. Happy I did so because now that I have more experience, the POV difference and size of women/men in DBD is stark.

• NoelleMinaNoelleMina Member Posts: 638

Jake is cute.

I also liked the idea of Saboteur.

So naturally, I’m drawn towards Yui with her Breakout.

.. Yui is also cute.

As for Killer, Plague is the first person I wanted to main ever since I’ve heard about DBD. She seemed fun to play.

Spirit, well, my brother was like “She’s strong so you should play her!”

And so I did. And boy was he not wrong.

• RajaRaja Member Posts: 319

Ghostface because we are both creeps and agile like slippery jellyfish

Feng because she cute and I got tired of viewing Ash rear

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,439

Steve looks like me, and he's a sweetheart in the show, therefore, I main.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,097

My dear Freddy is the reason I bought DBD in the first place. He has been my main ever since I first started playing, and back then he was regarded as the "weakest" killer in the game (something that I never agreed with).

As for survivor, my main is Claudette. She is good for stealth, she has an interesting backstory, she is one of the OGs, and she is also really pretty. She is perfect.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,898

Pig - I like the idea of killing Survivors with Reverse Bear Traps. I enjoy alt win-cons.

Jake - I like his blighted outfit (minus the pants).

• GardeniaGardenia Member Posts: 1,143

Jane seems very down to earth, I love how she isn't necessarily extremely skinny but tastefully animated as still attractive and not deemed "fat" she's curvy and I absolutely adore her cosmetics. I would wager she has the best mix and match clothing in the game right now tbh.

I main Plague because I find her to quite a composed killer and her power is a but more complex than what meets the eye. She seems weak but in the same token can be very powerful. Unpredictable.

• BigbubbaboiBigbubbaboi Member Posts: 41

Bubba because I found him really fun before he got his rework and people underestimated him

Ash because it’s Bruce Campbell need I say more

• ClownIsUnderratedClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Kate because she is just super hot

Clown because I love to annoy the survivors, and like to make sure Clown doesn't need to go to KFC because he gets free food in game.

• GodLikeTerrorGodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054

Kate because she is yummy

Clown because everyone said he was incredibly weak, so I took the challenge of finding potential with him, and either I get a lot of insults for playing him well or people who are impressed by my skill with him.

• A_Skinny_LegendA_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 872

For killer I picked nurse because I love her red dress and for some reason it reminds me of the red attire Lady Gaga wore in her Bad Romance music video, so I sometimes have that song blasting while playing as nurse. I obviously perfom like absolute crap when I do that.

Before it was hag, I liked her power and I also liked to pretend I was the witch from Blair Witch. I also preferred her mori over nurse, still do.

For survivor I picked Feng, when I first started playing this game I was so bad at skill checks, and Feng has the technician perk so I used her. Also, her character model came off as likeable to me I don't know why. I did try the rest but it didn't feel right to play as someone else.

• ZaytexZaytex Member Posts: 836

I have 3 characters for each role I main.

Survivor(s), I picked the cutest and hottest ones: So Dwight, Ace and Felix (omg his C A K E honey)

For killers, I love LOVE leatherface, his lethality in chase, the weird factor to his personality and how if survivors piss me off, I can always face camp and there's nothing they can do. Nothing.

Also play Wraith, like the stealth he brings, especially with the buffs, feels like the only real stealth killer in the game.

• QwQwQwQw Member Posts: 4,270

Legion: They were the character that got me into the game in the first place, and I enjoy their fast paced playstyle.

Ash: He's Ash ######### Williams. How could I not main him?

• lagostalagosta Member Posts: 1,658

Doc: Hate stealthy survivors.

David: He is nice to look at.

• chadbeastofpreychadbeastofprey Member Posts: 433

i just main all the pretty girls. feng, kate, yui and nea (with a specific cosmetic combo she is pretty i swear). i will also add the new surv to that roster when she drops cause she pretty.

and i play deathslinger because i'm an fps player.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

I main Zarina because I like pretty much everything about her - and I resonate a lot with her story. I also play a lot of Kate and Yui - Kate because mmmm pretty musician, Yui because mmmm pretty greasemonkey.

As for killer, I like Blight because he counters hold W, Plague because she's super underrated and I'm finally at a point where her robbed hits don't injure my soul, and Legion because they're pretty underrated and also nice and simple. So I guess I main extremely aggressive killers that go well with my playstyle of thriving in chaos.

• FFirebranddFFirebrandd Member Posts: 1,999
    edited March 2021

I am the boogie man. Do you know where I am? All your normal info and senses are failing you. I could be a second away from pulling you off that gen or I could be about to pop out at one of your friends and you might be safe... for now... but you have no clue. Better heal, I could pop out again at any moment with no warning. But be quick about it, for my blade is thirsty and my senses keen. Oh... Is that a generator blowing up I hear? Now you know that I know where you are. Do you dare stay? The choice is yours... my prey.

Don't feel like playing along? Not scared of a killer only a bit faster than you? Very well then... cue the music boys. Let's dance. *Insert Halloween music here*. I hope you're ready to get well acquainted with the floor, cause you're going down in one slash. Are you ready? Do you even realize I could still do this? Well, ready or not, here I come.

If that stylized response wasn't clear, I love playing Michael Myers because EW 1 Myers is the ultimate stealth Killer. Permanent undetectable puts the Survivors on edge like nothing else and the scares I've pulled off... they're fantastic. I already liked revisiting matches vs live TTV people, but games where I'm Myers and I manage to hardcore scare them are the best. However... not every map, team, or game situation is conducive to playing Myers that way. That's why I never run Scratched Mirror. If I need EW 3, its still there.

• NoPressure22NoPressure22 Member Posts: 12

For survivor I main David King because he’s an athlete, single child, and personally just like that he’s a scrapper. His perk dead hard is top 5 overall in my opinion and I like his prestige outfit, especially since it helps stay hidden in darker maps. I was also relieved the day that I found out he and huntress were free to the game and got to use wglf.

For killer I use spirit and doctor equally, but do a little better with doctor because of what his shock therapy is capable of doing to interrupt survivors. Spirit looks really cool and her perks are unique in a one way each. Rancor to help get a kill in the end if survivors are making the game a living nightmare, and her hex which can help give you a quick breather in the middle of the game. However doctors perks are decent too with monitor and abuse being useful on other killers (Myers and Spirit/Deathslinger- Smaller terror radius) Doctor is the best though since he can find survivors and help shorten chases.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

I chose claud as a survivor, after I thought of my name and because she fits my playstyle (darkest cosmetics? On it)

I've changed mains a lot as killer. I used to main trapper, but dropped him for doc. Then I dropped doc for spirit, and then I dropped spirit for hag. Trapper and doc were simply fun and felt really good when you predicted survivors, but they lacked map pressure. I played spirit because she's a good killer, without stridor because I wanted to play fairly, but I got tired of her and wanted something new. After watching 300 michi videos I decided that hag would be my next killer. She's both fun to play and hard to master, something that I quite enjoy. And she has one of the most unique playstyles. I wonder what my next main will be, maybe pig :p

• BitingSeaBitingSea Member Posts: 332

For survivor I chose Yui just because I like her aesthetic and clothes, she has a really street fashion sense with a touch of Neon Japan and when I saw it I just knew I wanted to main her because of her style

For killer I've switched to Blight because I just really love his playstyle, how he looks, his role in the lore, his terror radius and chase music and basically just everything about him is my favorite thing in DBD, his chapter was the best one I'd played as well (I started playing during Silent Hill), if I had to be locked to only playing one killer or even just one character, it'd be Blight

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 8,477

Meg: When I started playing, I pretty much always played as the original 7. I did well with Meg the most and I kind of just started playing Meg a lot and now I'm a Meghead.

Spirit: I watched gameplay of many killers and thought Spirit looked the most interesting. I bought her and I just had a blast playing her non-stop. I fell in love with her and now she's like a waifu to me.

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,254

Dwight! I Spiritually and Physically relate to his back story, if any character represents me it's Daddy Dwight and the fact that I just called him Daddy is the other reason.

Rin Yamaoka(Spitit): Shes one of few killers that can do anything no matter what situation she's put in.

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 1,730

Bit of a mix between slinger and huntress these days. A killer I main is often dependant on the style of games i play that arent dbd. So if i have been playing a lot of shooters like hunt then i favour killers like huntress and slinger.

There was a time I played a lot of og freddy before his rework. But as I got more competitive I droped most m1killers since there counterplay tends to be rudimentary and survivors simply dropping pallets early often lost you a lot of games on a lot of maps.

• DragonMasterDarrenDragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,021

Jake looks like me and Demo rekindled my love for DBD after getting bullied by a SWF squad

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 9,363
    edited March 2021

I choose Jane because I empathised with her story and love her outfits and her unique body type compared to the other female survivors.I also picked Quentin since I loved him in the film

For killer I chose clown and billy. Clown was my main since I got him and billy only became my main recently since I love the mobility he has and his rift cosmetic

• NoOneKnowsNovaNoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,280

For survivor, although the first character I leveled up was Claud, I'm a Feng and Jeff main. Feng because I like her cosmetics, and Jeff because who doesn't like Jeff?

For killer, its much more of a fun factor over looks. The killers I play on a regular basis are Hillbilly, Bubba and Clown, with me also occasionally playing Oni, Wraith, Legion, Pig and PH. All of then I picked up for different reasons so I'll briefly list them.

Hillbilly: Wanted to see if the rework killed him, he seemed pretty fun so I learned him.

Bubba: Originally wanted to meme around with a basement build, ended up loving Bubba so much that I main him with a proper build.

Clown: Started maining him around Christmas just to meme around with his Santa skin. Ended up loving him despite him being weak.

Oni: To me a less fun but slightly stronger Billy, I often play him if I'm in the mood.

Wraith: A new killer to me, seems fun so Im trying him, especially due to the upcoming buff.

Legion: Simple killer that I play when I'm stressed.

Pig: Rarely player her after surveillance got nerfed, doesn't make her any worse of a killer however and my certain playstyle seems quite fun.

PH: An ex main who I now only play occasionally.

• Baby_VictorBaby_Victor Member Posts: 486

I also started playing DbD for Freddy and Main him. However, unlike you, I ended up giving him up after the rework.

Since then I haven’t main any Killer, I just play whoever. I will also add that I’ve been playing Twins consistently all week and enjoying them, plus the community seems to consider her weak, so I’m going old Freddy vibes.

So maybe I’ll main her.