Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

As a guy who has a job, the grind is too much.

Comments

• OhnoesOhnoes Member Posts: 579

Sorry to get the rift done you aren't allowed to have a job, family or social life. Sorry, now give us money. - BHVR.

• SlickstylesSlickstyles Member Posts: 446

You right. Please remove the infinite grind BHVR or at least make double bp standard.

• AmbulancePartyAmbulanceParty Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2021

"I can't see how to get my remaining killer to get all the Perks"

I'll agree to an extent that the Rift can be grindy, even though they're just cosmetics that people don't even wear after the Rift is over, but in terms of getting all perks on a killer, I think it's pretty fair. If I could get my perk load out I want way early into starting DBD, I don't know how I'd be motivated or even interested in playing the game. Half the fun, at least for me, is trying new perks, working with the perks I have, and/or challenging myself. Otherwise, I'm just playing the same character, same perks and I feel like if that's given so early, then it's easier to lose interest. Like, you get what you want, now what?

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

As a guy who doesn't have a job, the grind is too much

But they did say they wanna address this issue in a livestream

• LumpytoadLumpytoad Member Posts: 16

Buy David,

Get him to lvl 40-50.

You'll have: Dead Hard, Spine Chill, Kindred, We'll Make It, and you can switch WMI with WGLF for more BP. Dejavu is also a really nice perk for any beginner.

Buy Leatherface,

Get him to lvl 40-50

You'll have: BBQ&Chili, Sloppy Butcher ........Insidious & NOED --no other perks needed! XD

Since you're so limited for time you'll prolly wanna dedicate time to other videogames, as opposed to "farming for the sake of perk experimentation," ...

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Stop complaining, it's not that bad as it used to be

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,404

they need to:

1.remove perk tier

2.remove perk slot restriction based on level

3.increase bloodpoint gain from quest and dailies massively

Right now the game progression is similar to a F2P game

• BoobaBooba Member Posts: 62

"I'm just speculating here but are you guys intentionally making the tome grindy af so that people like me buy auric cells to raise it??"

Short answer - Yes. That's how all battlepasses work.

You can get (almost) everything for free! But you have to spend a ridiculous amount of time for it.

• SpookyPumpkinPiezSpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 272

How? I've been playing almost all day every day since the tome came out. I finished everything so far but I'm still on tier 33. Like I'm talking about around 150 ish hours of gameplay there. What's your secret?

• D3spairD3spair Member Posts: 604

That's such a boomer opinion. So it was worse before, so what? It can be better! you experiencing worse doesn't mean it's okay. It's thinking like "I experienced the Bloodweb having sky high prices and no entity taking sh*t so today's bloodweb is A-okay :D" like maybe at those time there were like 20 Perks for 5 Killer and 50 Perks for 7 Survivor to grind NOT LIKE TODAY WHERE WE GOT A HUNDRED PLUS PERKS FOR EACH CHARACTER.

• onemindonemind Member Posts: 3,089

Exactly I think increasing the cap per a game to 50k and the over all cap to 1.25m would help the grind

Would have to adjust the number of bp gained to match the increased cap

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,326

yeah the grind is a lot.

im hoping they have some additions planned for the game ethat reduce the grind further.

some ideas ive had regarding this:

• log in bonus (with streaks?) - basically what they did this event as base with fewer BP. and possibly make it so if you log in multiple days in a row the BP increase
    • daily missions reworked - why not make it so its 3 on each side, starting with an easy one and ending with a hard one? ofc the easy one gives less rewards - also, why not make the rewards in form of BP boosters? e.g. the first one gives a 1.2x BP booster, the second one a 1.5x BP booster and the final one a 2x BP booster for that role.
    • weekly missions - basically daily missions with much greater rewards & difficulty
    • BP / Iridescent Shard rewards in the free track of the rift to fill up the empty spaces

there are plenty more ideas out there, but you get the idea.

the ever increasing grind each chapter brings requires an ever increasing addition of new anti grind mechanics, otherwise we end up where we currently are: at overwhelming levels of grind.

• JasmineDragonJasmineDragon Member Posts: 372

they say the entire rift should take 70 hours. I say they are ######### insane...

• ThelgowThelgow Member Posts: 4

I won't lie, I stopped playing killer because of it. I see all these great perks, and I bought almost all the dlcs. Then see how long it's taking to get lucky for BBQ to come on a new killer. I haven't queued as killer since November. And survivor I only play here and there since perks are less critical and got a handful of tolerable ones.

Personally I'd love if park tires were either done away or just 2 ranks at the most. And then either double bp or halve bloodweb costs.

• TheDizTheDiz Member Posts: 240

I totally agree that the grind is just absurd and that's why I stopped getting the rift after the last one. I finished the first, 75% 2nd, and 50% the 2 after so I don't even want to try anymore. Not to mention that survivor takes forever to find a match and playing killer is quite possibly the worst online experience available when you go against SWF rank 1-4 as a rank 13 killer

• iplaybothsidesiplaybothsides Member Posts: 33

This game is to grindy regardless of whether or not you have a job tbh, but having a job makes it infinitly worse. I work 40-60 hours a week and have been playing for almost 2 years. I have 1200 hours played and only sink bps into characters that i have yet to max. I don't prestige either bc of the lack of insensitive.

I've unlocked all the teachables, but only have all perks on 3 survivors and 10 killers. I don't ever expect to get all perks on all killers

• kutsurogu15kutsurogu15 Member Posts: 1

Just to let you know bro there is no deadline for times you can even go back and complete the very first tome that came out a while ago

• GodLikeTerrorGodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2021

Dunno how else I could prove it to you, because it would take like a million screenshots to post it here.

Post edited by GodLikeTerror on
  • paperbooypaperbooy Member Posts: 7

I understand not everyone can play this game every waking moment of every day so my tip to you is to use specific perks or characters for extra BP until the grind is less well grindy. When I need BP I like running Stake out, We're gonna live forever, borrowed time, and either sprint burst while solo or prove thyself while with friends but I rarely do that. Stake out guarentees great skill checks even while you are listening to music or distracted otherwise, and BT and WGLF pretty much insure extra blood points when used in unison. Prove thyself doubles coop points so you can max out your objective category early game. For killer using Daddy Executioner or Doctor along something like BBQ, distressing, or really anything that helps you either 12 hook in the first place or gives extra points will make the grind considerably shorter. For example I pull about 100k a match when using escape cake or streamers or pudding when the correct perks are used. Might not help much but for now I think that might be the best you can get. At least David is free for WGLF. Hope that ails your torment 👍

• ttvbardberdttvbardberd Member Posts: 144

I've been streaming the game since October, and have been grinding this game since I got it nearly a year ago. I got to red rank 1 in a week and a half after learning all of the techniques and strats required to be decent at the game, and I can safely say that In that year, out of every single killer/survivor and all of their perks, it is actually impossible that you got EVERYTHING in this game in roughly 8 months.

There is no way you have all killers, P3 50 with every perk at tier 3 unless you went on MPGH and got some sort of account hack. The amount of hours required to get everything in the game is roughly around 3-4k hours, and considering its been around 8 months since August and that's roughly about 5000 hours, I'm gonna have to call your bluff sir, unless of course you spend your entire life in this game, which is fine, but you need to eat and sleep and work/educate, see family and friends, celebrate holidays, etc.

• GodLikeTerrorGodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2021

I don't prestige characters I forgot to mention that. I was talking about just plain 50 which is possible. You're right it's pretty much impossible to get everyone p3 50 with all perks in 8 months. Not impossible but improbable.

• JordanMaliciousJordanMalicious Member Posts: 344

You know people experience things differently than you, right? If you actually DO all of that stuff and still find time, that's great. That doesn't mean everyone can operate on the same level as you and it doesn't mean there isn't room for BHVR to improve on the grind.

• fennectpfennectp Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2021

TL;DR:

The "grind" equates to playing 1~2 hours a day, which in my opinion isn't an unreasonable amount of time for a grind.

Though honestly, not everybody has to complete the grind. Why do people think the grind needs "improving"? If you don't have it in you to complete the grind, just do what you feel like and leave it at that. It's all just personal choice. I personally enjoy the grind, so I'd prefer BHVR to leave it be. The player base who likes the grind shouldn't have to lose their challenge because somebody who doesn't like grinding feels entitled to all of the event cosmetics.

Details:

I personally like getting the "paid" cosmetics for $0 so I make sure to grind out the required hours each season. You need 70:40 to 153:20 of play time to finish all the rifts, depending on how many challenges you finish on the way. Take it or leave it, but that averages out to 1~2 hours of play time every day over the 70 day season. It doesn't matter whether you win or lose the games; you literally just need to spend 1~2 hours a day in the fog. Sure that's not an insignificant amount of time, but it's also not an unreasonable amount of time to be playing a game I like.

I've personally found that I can complete ~90% of the challenges just by playing normally, which means I have to spend ~1.1 hours in the fog per day.

If you want to complete the grind and get the full auric cell cost refunded at the end of the grind, great. If you work 80 hour work-weeks and prefer not to spend your precious free-time playing the same game for 150+ hours in 2.5 months and would rather just pay money for the cosmetics, that's fine too. Or you can just not get the cosmetics. It's all just personal choice.

But me, although I work 60+ work weeks and play other soul-sucking games like WoW and No Man's Sky, I like grinding out the rifts in DbD. You could say that grinding out the rifts is the main motivation I have for playing this game on a day-to-day basis. If BHVR makes the rift less of a grind, I'll just finish the rift earlier in the season and just stop playing DbD until the next rift season. That's just my play style.

• fennectpfennectp Member Posts: 2

TL;DR:

Well, not everybody has to operate at the same level as him and not everybody has to complete the grind. Why do people think the grind needs "improving"? If you don't have it in you to complete the grind, just do what you feel like and leave it at that. It's all just personal choice. I personally enjoy the grind, so I'd prefer BHVR to leave it be. The rest of the player base who likes the grind shouldn't have to lose their challenge because somebody who doesn't like grinding feels entitled to all of the perk tiers or the event cosmetics.

Details:

With regards to the perk tiers, others have outlined the actual BP required to grind out all the perks on a survivor. It's not that bad; half of my urvivors are full P3 with all of the perks unlocked, and I haven't paid for a single perk with money. If you don't have the time to grind out the BP, just buy the perks with the money from your day job. If you don't want to pay time or money for a game the developers spent countless hours developing, I just chalk that up to you feeling entitled.

With regards to the rifts, I personally like getting the "paid" cosmetics for $0 so I make sure to grind out the required hours each season. You need 70:40 to 153:20 of play time to finish all the rifts, depending on how many challenges you finish on the way. Take it or leave it, but that averages out to 1~2 hours of play time every day over the 70 day season. It doesn't matter whether you win or lose the games; you literally just need to spend 1~2 hours a day in the fog.

I've personally found that I can complete ~90% of the challenges just by playing normally, which means I have to spend an average of ~1.1 hours in the fog per day to complete the rift without paying extra money.

If you want to complete the grind and get the full auric cell cost for the premium track refunded at the end of the grind, great. If you work 80 hour work-weeks and prefer not to spend your precious free-time playing the same game for 150+ hours in 2.5 months and would rather just pay money for the cosmetics, that's fine too. Or you can just not get the cosmetics. It's all just personal choice.

But me, although I work 60+ work weeks and play other soul-sucking games like WoW, I like grinding out the rifts in DbD. You could say that grinding out the rifts is the main motivation I have for playing this game on a day-to-day basis. That's just my personal play style. If BHVR makes the rift less of a grind, I'll just finish the rift earlier in the season and just stop playing DbD until the next rift season.