Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

Let's talk about Blight's J-Flick - Exploit or Tech? It can turn more than 180* + Macro

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,758

Can you show me an example?

I think i've seen some people doing that but i'm not sure about it.

• StibbityStabbityStibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,449

This might be the first thread I've ever seen where people unironically say that Blight is easier to play than Oni.

• jester20kjester20k Member Posts: 827

I've played against half a dozen of these blight cheaters, yeah I consider it cheating, it's crap there is virtually nothing you can do about it, unless they mess up or dead hard is available, you're gonna get hit.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I just heard this in a stream but the way you would make a fix for it would be to have a check 1 frame after the frame where the camera is normal that lets you go to absurd angles. It would check if you went past a set angle the previous frame and would then "cap" it to the desired angle (Like 100 degrees or something). It would look pretty bad but it'll only affect those who actually wanna exploit the game and cheat so I don't see a problem with a jank workaround like this.

• Alice_pbgAlice_pbg Member Posts: 4,994

au contraire mom ami.

50/50 is a requirement for it to be a mindgame.

because your opponent has 2 options, and you need to pick one to counter. meaning, you need to get in his mind to pick properly.

if it isn't 50/50, you're just playing the odds

• MasterGritMasterGrit Member Posts: 327

Blight can hit j flick for like 1-4 per match

and people complain about it lol.

Flick is good, is fair, is skilled, is fun and is healthy.

Your " hide behind object " is ToXiC LOL

• ChromawaChromawa Member Posts: 7

Personally I love that he has the ability to do the crazy flicks it significantly increases his viability in loops that would otherwise be impossible to play, and raises his skill ceiling. If Blight couldn't do Jflicks I don't think he would be nearly as fun to play.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,346
    edited March 2021

Tbh I don't mind if the j-flick gets patched, been playing him since November without the tech and enjoyed him a lot despite his awful POV and collision. I'm a pretty casual player so I'm definitely biased but if Blight becomes meta like Spirit we'll see how it goes.

I've tried the j-flick for a little while and it's definitely difficult to pull off and takes a LOT of skill, even with maximum DPI it's a lot harder than it looks. Definitely takes lots of practice.

No offense to those who main Spirit ofc, but Spirit and her mindgame power doesn't take as much skill as learning Blight on his own and the j-flick on its own. I can get at least one j-flick per game but it usually doesn't hit the survivors cause I'm pretty bad at mindgaming with the flick tech.

Edit: Incase you guys are wondering, I use 10k DPI and a Logitech G502. Will try maximizing it this time

Post edited by glitchboi on
  • Zucker_SchockZucker_Schock Member Posts: 521

Console could use this aswell, if they allow them to have high sensitivity. Back in the days in cod on playstation i had maxed out sensitivity aswell, trickshots und instant 180s when you get shot from behind were only doable like this.

You can not make a macro for something like this, it requires very accurate aim while being extremely fast and hitting a precise angle instantly.

I dont mind having tech like this in the game. Would probably be a pain to fix aswell.

I believe watering everything down and taking away skill is boring.

• Rogue11Rogue11 Member Posts: 530

This isn't a 360 no scope. Blight already has a huge hitbox on his lunge, similar to Oni or Demo's shred. You don't need to be precise to land hits, and dodging out like you would vs Billy doesn't work most of the time either. You just get caught in the massive splash zone hitbox. The hitbox that is designed around his limited turn rate, not this broken "tech". The few times I have actually dodged one of these flicks, was by moving so far out of position that I would just be M1'd seconds later because his lunge cooldown is so short. Counterplay indeed.

Please fix this. I'm already seeing more and more players abusing it for easy 4k's. And this is before the massive buff that Blight will get with his corrected POV.

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 2,069

yeah well on console the turning is so ######### so you can't even make use of that hitbox

fix the "tech", implement a turn cap like oni, make it feel good on both M&K and controller. easy. i know they're probably busy working on other things though, and blight was in the oven with McLean long enough.

• Withered8Withered8 Member Posts: 1,153

I swear if this post gets blight's flicking removed...

You remove his flicking and he immediately looses a large amoutn of his strength. He's probably one of the healthiest killers in the game where the better player wins, like huntress and nurse. Sure it may not be an intentional feature but it works well, and in no way is it unbalanced. You want to talk about unbalanced, why aren't you calling for spirit or deathslinger or twins changes? But instead trying to destroy blight?

• Withered8Withered8 Member Posts: 1,153

So blights flicking is broken but im guessing spirit is fine right?

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 4,806

Yeah that needs to be fixed. They're much too close to that window for that to be a fast vault.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 4,806

Yes, because Spirit wins by being played as intended, not by doing a flick exploit. Her standing still mindgame needs to go though.

• XpljesusXpljesus Member Posts: 391

Shift tech is not what that guy posted btw, shift tech is where you use the fact you can queue a vault to your advantage as if you are not holding shift, you cannot start a chase. This is done by running, queuing the vault immediately, letting go of shift then walking until you are out of the killer's line of sight before sprinting again. This can create infinites, and infact does create ones without counter in funbus/Groaning Storehouse, also works at cow tree/shack if chased incorrectly by the killer. I've seen the funbus window vaulted 11 times in a row for example, can't be entity blocked because no chase.

• YumyumtastyYumyumtasty Member Posts: 172

Looping also was an unintentional bug that stayed in btw.

Survivors losing alot of speed difference in tight turns was never intended but stayed because of dumb checkmarks loving that "gameplay"

• PilotPilot Member Posts: 1,158

proof?

Wasn't the game designed around looping in the first place? I don't get it

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 3,650

then we need to spread the word so everyone does it and it gets patched out.

• YumyumtastyYumyumtasty Member Posts: 172

360s and all the other survivortechs are performed when the killer would get an easy hit on you in the first place except maybe for dumbtech which is actually high risk high reward. So no, they don't take alot of skill and don't need to be in the game as most survivors cannot perform them anyways. You made a mistake, you got caught out in the open on maps that are FILLED with obstacles, you deserve to get hit.

• PilotPilot Member Posts: 1,158

You say, they don't take a lot of skill but you also say that most survivors cannot perform them anyways.

Why is that?