Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is the game map even fun anymore

So The Game good old Gideon meat plant... is it even fun i've played on it both Killer and Survivor and well it's not fun is it just me like listen i'm fine with the new look the major references in it but well my main problem is the breakable walls when you play killer there's so many areas that screw you over like a generator on the other side that's almost done you need to go around or break the wall and for survivor you can get trapped easily like i see they wanted to make it "fair" for both sides but it's not killer or survivor sided it's what call anger sided since there's four god pallets (if you count the bathroom if the generator wasn't complete) and areas where you can say oh no i'm screwed and saying loop around windows and such that doesn't work the areas where windows are may be big but there's only one entrance I know the old game map had the same thing some areas were dead zones with one opening but now everywhere is a dead zone with the middle just being a massive open area with two unsafe gens.

Comments

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

It is now a contender with Haddonfield for most painful map in the game. However, I find it quite fun with Spirit Fury/Enduring as Legion. I can usually get a dozen or so pallets gone relatively quickly.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,283

I don't think anyone likes it tbh.

• Dizzy1096Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

This map proves once and for all the game is intended only for survivor fun and killer is treated like an A.I. There’s absolutely nothing most killers can do here other than follow survivors around like a big dumb cartoon villain and get pallet after pallet dropped on their head. You only get a hit if the survivor makes a mistake (but lets all cry about spirit), but considering just how damn safe the pallets are it has to be a HUGE mistake, we’re talking people not even paying attention to the game.

The first chase on this map can easily be 3 gens worth, easily. Because you just throw every pallet safely and don’t get greedy and there’s very few positions where the killer can attempt any kind of trickery. Not like it’s even worth breaking off a chase because you’re going to be hindered by safe/god pallets no matter what.

It’s that bad I go afk now on this map. Imagine that a map so bad there’s literally no reason to play it unless you’re using Nurse or maybe Hag. There’s no fun, enjoyment or any kind of gameplay here for 90%+ of the characters available.

I can’t believe people actually designed this, approved this and put it out. Is nobody at Behaviour ever questioned on the performance of their work? I’m genuinely curious as to how that company works internally.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791

Breakable walls already add to the already questionable RNG of the map. Because the issue with indoor maps is RNG for each room (with the exception of Hawkins) they seemed to attempt to compensate this with all the extra godly pallets, however it doesn't make it any more fun for survivor because it's still RNG and then they added a new RNG element that can spawn literal dead ends with no way of you knowing about the dead end until you reach it, so neither side has much fun.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,448
    edited March 2021

"my main problem is the breakable walls when you play killer there's so many areas that screw you over like a generator on the other side that's almost done you need to go around or break the wall"

IMO the breakable Walls should be untouched, since they create deadends for the Survivors. This is most likely the reason the increased the Pallets, The Game always only had Pallets (and a few windows), so the whole gameplay was holding W and throwing/breaking Pallets. With the addition of Breakable Walls, they created Deadends, but to still have Pallets to use, they increased the number of Pallets.

I dont mind the Map as either Killer or Survivor, I died on it as Survivor sometimes and almost everytime won on it as Killer (the only exception so far when playing Nurse, and the problem there is me, not the Pallets...), however, I think two things should be changed:

• Removal of every breakable Wall on The Game
    • Removal of some Pallets which got added to compensate for potential Deadends

This would bring The Game to a pre-Update State. In the longterm, it would be nice if they would remove some safe Pallets, add more unsafe ones and especially add more Windows so that the gameplay on both sides is more interesting. (Which is why I never liked the Map in the first place, it is boring to run around safe Pallets and it is equally boring to follow a Survivor around those safe Pallets)

But doing the two bullet points I listed would be enough to make the Map better for a while.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 20,609
    edited March 2021

As survivor, yes I adore it. Its my favourite map in the entire game.

As pyramid head, yes I adore it. Its one of my favorite maps in the entire game.

As pallet breaking wraith, yes I adore it. Its my favourite map in the entire game.

As anyone else, no I despise it. Its my 2nd or 3rd least favourite map in the entire game depending on the killer.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,989

Well, the map is certainly fun for survivors. Which means, that there are 2 things that will happen:

1. the map will stay like it is.
    2. other maps will get as many pallets as Gideon.
  • malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 1,436

Yeah, I'm not one of these, "whoever designed this should be fired" kind of guys. But maybe reprimanded or moved to a different position in the company wouldn't be a bad move. This was just a huge swing and miss. A real head scratcher.

• OrionbashOrionbash Member Posts: 697

The Game map is definitely kinda unfair for killers. I get that they compensate the lack of vaults with the number of pallets but there's definitely way too many strong pallets. As for whether it should be changed? I dunno. :/ Killers have maps like Shelter Woods where the middle is just a giant deadzone and you can get really bad RNG and have one side of just T/L walls leaving the other sides with just a few pallets. Then you've got the Dead Dog Saloon where the main building is amazing but the rest of the map is horrendous and full of completely unsafe pallets where no matter what you do the killer gets a free hit unless they're...not the brightest crayon in the box. And on that map there's a hook every 10 feet making breakout builds basically useless. If they're gonna balance the game out of fairness, all maps should get the same treatment.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,215
    edited March 2021

So just because the game exists I can’t complain about spirit?

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 2,780

Was it fun in any of its iterations?.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

When I play survivor I most certainly don't have fun on The Game. Contrary to popular belief, God pallets are not fun even as survivor because it's a boring, brain-dead experience with no meaningful interaction happening. Idk how many people I speak for but I know me and a few other people hate The Game as both survivor and killer.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,989

Most people want a ez game.

I've seen an increase of map offerings, keys and hatch offerings in the last few days.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 6,917

This. I've never enjoyed the Game map, as survivor or killer.