Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Unspoken Dbd Rules

2»

Comments

• HealsBadManHealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,120

T bagging fellow Survivors can mean Hello or Thank You.

If you really want to say thanks to a Killer after a match, you drop your item in front of them 'giving' it to them.

Nodding your head is more often BM than t bagging.

While Killers can easily show they want to farm (EX: hitting a gen, letting themselves get stunned), Survivors almost never get their point across doing the same.

A Trapper or Hag standing still mid chase is sometimes more scary than Spirit doing the same (just me? idk lol).

• SentinelCaptainSentinelCaptain Member Posts: 220

Love doing this as The Pig, but is it considered rude to play normally afterwards? Like if I can get at least 2 or 3 Survivors to boop, then I start playing seriously.

• chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I never played serious after until I learned nurse. My heart will never heal from that and every survivor I play better bring there A game because I have never played this tryhard until now. I have never been able to slug and watch for 4 minutes and now i'll grab a piece of cheesecake and smile at you crawl. Mmm GOOD.

Well I meant more as in actually putting an effort into the match and not playing for the meme after I get it out of the way.

• chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Oh I see. Honestly I always followed to survivors lead on it. I never went looking to do it was more when 1 or 2 survivors had died, or dc/suicides. Not right at beginning of game never did that. if they do it at beginning you should play normally (well the rules say always play normally).

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,706

You are talking about the survivor rulebook for killers.

Yeah, I would always try to get boop first, then once most of them had, I would go away for a bit then start actively playing the match, but if nobody would then I'd play normal from the getgo.

• Volfgang57Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369

In addition to the "stop wiggling" thing, if you've already given up and the killer notices you're not wiggling sometimes they will stop and "shimmy" side to side, basically telling you to wiggle. If they do this and stay still and let you stun them you should stay and follow them. Most times they'll let you escape in some fashion (the hatch or allowing you to open the door)

Had a game a couple days ago where a Killer was doing this to a Claudette that was the last person alive (I was spectating) and the Killer kept downing them, picking them up, and carrying them a super long distance, passing numerous hooks and such, obviously trying to give them the hatch. The Claudette must've been new though because they escaped 4 times and kept running away, and the killer kept downing them. Poor Claudette never got the hint that the Killer was trying to take them somewhere specific and to just wait, so eventually the Killer stopped trying and the next down, hooked them immediately

• Pat00tSackPat00tSack Member Posts: 45

Welp everything I know is a lie

• FattiePoobumFattiePoobum Member Posts: 293

For me

lf the opposite side is stuck because of a bug.

Try and help them free themselves if you can and let them go.

I had a person get stuck in a closet once and tried to help them get out. Some weird thing happened when I hit them as they went into the closet and they got pushed to the backside of the closet, but that was against a wall, so the got trapped in between the wall and closet. I could open the closet and see them, but because it was "empty" I couldn't grab them. Tried to quickly finish the game and they were a good sport and hung out the whole time, so at the very end I tried smacking them to get them out but never could. Had to kill them with the end game collapse and I apologized because I know how much that sucks, but they were cool with it

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 4,243

How is anyone supposed to know it means "I'm being camped"? That's incredibly unintuitive.

• MaviKusMaviKus Member Posts: 38

the arm flailing on hook. does that mean, "come get me" or "don't come get me the killer is nearby"?

Used to be "Don't come" like several years ago, but the universal meaning has been lost a long time ago, so it doesn't really mean anything anymore

• MaviKusMaviKus Member Posts: 38

thanks, I started playing dbd last June or July and there seemed to be mixed interpretations so I never flailed my arms myself to avoid confusion. a former friend of mine said he does this out of boredom, guess some people do that too

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 2,914

This second part absolutely. If I'm soloing and my team gets wreaked with several gens to go and I did decent but am now alone, I will attempt to negotiate.

I don't run if near the killer, and if healthy they nearly always give me a smack. I don't move. Now they will either pop me again, or not move either. If I'm carrying anything it's gently placed down for an offering, and the killer decides what to do.

Now I might go for a short trip to a hook, a longer fieldtrip to the hatch maybe on a shoulder maybe together, or be allowed to open a door and leave.

I give them one bow and yeet on out. This happens many more times than I have a right to even pray for.

• OrionbashOrionbash Member Posts: 697

Through the grapevine. Lol. That's how I learned about it.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,598
    edited March 2021

Okay folks, calm down. i think the OP understands there are no rules.

However, there are little memes this community has developed that even some of the most hardcore among us dip in. I for one am a sucker for a pig snoot boop.

It's fallen out of favor, but occasionally you'll find an OG who still does this. In the first year of this game, there was something Admiral Bahroo used to do, and that was what he called the "Basement Lottery"

The idea is to take the last survivor into the basement if there's a chest left unopened in it. You smack the chest repeatedly till the survivor you're carrying takes the hint and wiggles off. Survivor then gets to open the chest for free to decide their fate.

if it's anything but a flashlight, smack the survivor down and put them on a basement hook. If its' a flashlight, bob your head up and down and let them blind you, then go help them find the hatch as they just won the lottery.

I've both won and lost this lottery in the past as a survivor, but I could never find a survivor who understood my intention when I've tried this myself - so I kinda gave up after awhile.

• Amy095Amy095 Member Posts: 94

Can we burn this thread along with the survivor handbook that all killers must follow?

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I’ve never heard of the lottery thing before. That sounds fun so I may have to try it myself, though like you said most survivors probably won’t understand what’s going on

• killz4funkillz4fun Member Posts: 165

It's very interesting how someone will reach out to say "your toxic, trash" that's why they are by doing that.. 🤣

• killz4funkillz4fun Member Posts: 165

This Is BS.. play as you have fun if the game allows it..

Of your too sentimental this game is not for you.. is about surviving or get killed for God sake..

• Pat00tSackPat00tSack Member Posts: 45

I feel like people may have taken my title a little too literally... I just wanted to know the little things like snoot booping and stuff that has become 'a thing' in the game (or little things you've personally come up with in groups you may play with), not that they're the a b s o l u t e law. I had no idea that other people had used the arm flapping to warn for camping, so that was news to me.

• CryptFriendCryptFriend Member Posts: 416

TBH, most people seem to understand that the killer is camping on the way to the hook (unless they're using Insidious, of course).

Personally, I throw my arms up if they're just camping so they have to listen to the survivor grunt and moan (covering other sounds), and twitch lightly if the killer was camping, but just left.

So far, this seems to work.

Also, I'm told two evenly-spaced taps of crouch is a salute or "thank you."