Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

10 seconds into the match, killer is already on me

sluc16sluc16 Member Posts: 377

Starting locations in this game are stupid!

How is it possible that the match just started and the killer is already on my ass. Is f...g ridiculous and unfair.

Comments

• 1nsignia1nsignia Member Posts: 306

The one thing I've noticed is whenever I'm by myself and can't see another survivor in a certain radius and if there is a gen nearby. That I will most likely be found by the killer. As I'm directly opposite of where they spawned and the other survs will be on the other side of the corner of the map.

That's why when this happens to me I'll walk away onto a gen near the middle. As you want to save the more further spread gems for last.

Not to mention it's almost %100 to be found like this on azerovs testing place and suffocation pit.

• sluc16sluc16 Member Posts: 377

Not everyone is high rank. You cant make an argument considering only a small part of the players base

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,907
    edited March 2021

You ran and left scratch marks giving away where you were to the nurse if she hadn't already seen you.

I feel like the killer should never spawn next to a single survivor but a group of 2+ survivors minimum.

I agree with killers needing an earlier first chase but I don't agree with a lone random survivor being randomly selected by the game to more or less be the first person hooked.

Post edited by Warcrafter4 on
  • RepostRiposteRepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

1. You ran for no reason, giving your location away while also refusing to fix the gen.

2. Nurse is not a normal killer, she found you quickly because blink.

3. If you had hidden yourself better she probably would have left for another gen since that spawn was unusual.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,153

That's Nurse for you. Shouldn't have left all those scratch marks, or did you forget about that mechanic?

• Nosferatu3145Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

All games should be like this. When a killer find a survivor at the start of the match is skill what dictates how early game will be. When the killer spawn on the other side of the map and a gen pop before he can get there, it's pure RNG and no skill

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited March 2021

That is extremely fair, it's how the game should be. There is nothing wrong with that. Also, that's a nurse on a small map, so she blinks to an area and if she is lucky someone is there, she just got a lucky start... luck works both ways. Often game start luck favors survivors honestly, putting you right on a gen or perfectly spread out.

However, with that being said, you are on wreckers yard I feel you need to bear that in mind.

• AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 1,396

well easy answer : you spawned on a edge of the map, it's a pretty common spawning point and killer usually check it first.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,358

I just had a game as Trapper, spawn at mid bottom of the map, went to left bottom map to pick up a trap and saw all 4 survivors right there. 30sec in and injured 3 of them. Pressure right in the start.

I actually dont like to be chased instantly like this. I prefer a phase where survivors just go for hiding (I love that feeling when Killer uses Corrupted intervention in Lery map, looking for another Gen and heart beat keep coming), I like to have immersive phase)

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,488

@Zeus

umm. I’m not the biggest fan of immersion, but Hiding is still a part of the game.

It’s not that hard to find a survivor early on, I don’t need the entity to spood feed me and spawn me next to someone.

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 3,000

Its the Nurse. She can cross an entire map in 5 seconds.

You left scratch marks and weren't hidden at all.

If it was anyone other than a Nurse (or you had tried to hide at all) that would have been an amazing spawn location, right on a generator.

• BotizBotiz Member Posts: 386

That's your teammates fault. The Nurse might've just been casually moving at the start, but because your teammate fast vaulted a window literally seconds after being able to move she blinked over towards both of you because she knew someone was there

• Dizzy1096Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

1 second into the match and 3-4 survivors are often on gens against good teams.

I dont see the issue. Survivors get to start their objective asap they spawn next to gens. Why shouldnt killers get to start their objective early?

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,098

Honestly, this is fair. Every game should be like this.

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

sucks but hey atleast you can buy your teammates some time by running him around

• ChchchcherylChchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Lol

• Patrick1088Patrick1088 Member Posts: 589

Where did you see that in the video? I looked 3x and couldn't see that happen.

• Dennis_van_eijkDennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,512

I don't see the problem with this.

1. It's nurse so she can travel quickly.

2. She might know spawn locations.

I know spawn locations too and always check there first.

Besides what's wrong with early chases?

I love getting chased and don't mind if the killer finds me quick.

Sure it might be unfun if you're a stealth player or someone who loves gens.

But other than that, there's is nothing unfair about it imo

• BotizBotiz Member Posts: 386
    edited March 2021

At 9 or 10 seconds, if you turn volume up, you hear someone fast vault on the right

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,578

You can't see it, it's offscreen.

But you can hear it at the 0:10 mark.

• AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Neat, I watched on mute.

So tons of red marks and a fast vault notification. At this point I'm thinking if the nurse hadn't caught him that would be something to worry about.

• EninyaEninya Member Posts: 1,257

Killer side becomes a lot easier once you figure out the spawn algorithm.