Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I'm done playing

2

Comments

  • SadonicShadowSadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

    @Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.
    We had this discussion today again on Discord.

    They are starting to work actively since this patch to make the killer experience better in general.
    They told me to trust and wait, and tbh, there's nothing we can do to either : wait and trust, or leave and go (play civilization).

    This honestly gives me hope for the future but the devs have alot of work to do in order to make it up to the community. They have done and said some pretty outrageous things. Talk is cheap for them, they can say what ever they want. It is action that will truly show us if they have learned from their mistakes and are willing to take a firm stance and balance this game once and for all.

  • deadwolfwalkingdeadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

    on the dev stream they were talking about the clowns gas blinding ppl but changed it because being blinded is annoying and not fun.... but flashlights still work.... :D

  • RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

    @SadonicShadow said:

    @Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.
    We had this discussion today again on Discord.

    They are starting to work actively since this patch to make the killer experience better in general.
    They told me to trust and wait, and tbh, there's nothing we can do to either : wait and trust, or leave and go (play civilization).

    This honestly gives me hope for the future but the devs have alot of work to do in order to make it up to the community. They have done and said some pretty outrageous things. Talk is cheap for them, they can say what ever they want. It is action that will truly show us if they have learned from their mistakes and are willing to take a firm stance and balance this game once and for all.

    That's what I told them.
    I clearly told them that 4 days of discussions (now 5 or 6) won't erase 2 years of frustrations and of being left behind in the balance process. The fact that they took 1 year and 2 Months just to fix killer's sounds, 1 year to fix scratchmarks that they bugged themselves, 1 year and 8 months to (eventually, it's not done yet) remove the vacuum from pallets, along with other stuff such as Freddy nerf (which indeniably made him the WEAKEST KILLER in the game even tho he already arguably was), amongst other stuff such as the shadow nerfs, the "Play civilzation or another game if you're unhappy to play killer", the myers nerfs, the STBFL nerf and so on...

    They also accept that blame but they told me that right now they're working for a better balance and less frustration for everyone, and for ONCE it seems like they do what they're saying, and they're considering many more option for the close future and told me that we don't have many choice but to wait to see it coming. Which is kinda true, sadly.

  • weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,139

    I've had the pleasure of speaking with @not_Queen and I can assure you the game will be going in a better place. I trust the devs understand the problems of the game, and while it may take time, I fully believe they can make this game better for all sides, but especially Killer, which has been neglected for a long time.

    Let this 2.0 update a new start for the game. Forget the past and try to look forward, assuming the patch is worth the wait and what we've seen in the PTB will indeed stay in the balance.

  • FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,343

    You're not wrong that there are a lot of issues with the game. But why make a post like this? It just looks overdramatic and self-important. Yes, there are problems. But just make a post about them normally next time, because the truth is no one cares about one person boycotting the game, even if they write a public essay about it.

  • RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

    @weirdkid5 said:
    I've had the pleasure of speaking with @not_Queen and I can assure you the game will be going in a better place. I trust the devs understand the problems of the game, and while it may take time, I fully believe they can make this game better for all sides, but especially Killer, which has been neglected for a long time.

    Let this 2.0 update a new start for the game. Forget the past and try to look forward, assuming the patch is worth the wait and what we've seen in the PTB will indeed stay in the balance.

    I actually believe the ones we talk to are nice people that want less frustrating gameplay and a more polished game.
    Tho I'm not quite sure about the people making the decisions about them at this point.

  • weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,139

    @Runiver said:

    @weirdkid5 said:
    I've had the pleasure of speaking with @not_Queen and I can assure you the game will be going in a better place. I trust the devs understand the problems of the game, and while it may take time, I fully believe they can make this game better for all sides, but especially Killer, which has been neglected for a long time.

    Let this 2.0 update a new start for the game. Forget the past and try to look forward, assuming the patch is worth the wait and what we've seen in the PTB will indeed stay in the balance.

    I actually believe the ones we talk to are nice people that want less frustrating gameplay and a more polished game.
    Tho I'm not quite sure about the people making the decisions about them at this point.

    Like I said, I have a little bit more faith than that for teh futur

    Only time will tell though

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

    @weirdkid5 said:
    I've had the pleasure of speaking with @not_Queen and I can assure you the game will be going in a better place. I trust the devs understand the problems of the game, and while it may take time, I fully believe they can make this game better for all sides, but especially Killer, which has been neglected for a long time.

    Let this 2.0 update a new start for the game. Forget the past and try to look forward, assuming the patch is worth the wait and what we've seen in the PTB will indeed stay in the balance.

    Queen was the one shaking their hand when mat told us to play civ, she it the one I have sympathy with, but sadly she has nothing to say when it comes to balance

  • SuperboyPrimeSuperboyPrime Member Posts: 18

    @FSB75 said:

    @SuperboyPrime said:

    I don't mind getting outplayed, half the fun of this game is adapting to your opponents. But the Killer simply cannot compete with the amount of Survivor crutches. Why is it that the Survivors get so many crutches, but the Killers don't? If the Killers are in the power role, shouldn't they have more crutches? The Survivors should be the ones that constantly have to work their butts off to pick up the win, not the Killer.

    I truly appreciate your taking the time to respond and in such detail.

    There's so many points in your response that I wanted to respond to....but I found your closing comments to be the most striking.

    Based on your overall attitude about the game, and when I say attitude, I don't mean in a sense of good or bad...perhaps....perspective is a better word; I don't think you are going to find much satisfaction.

    "If the Killers are in the power role, shouldn't they have more crutches? "

    I don't believe the killer were ever meant o be in a "power role". I think this is flawed logic wherein the idea of balance comes into play.

    Allow me to explain. I have experienced everything you mentioned above. the window juking, the pallet looping, the perks, the chases....all of it. No, that doesn't happen to me anymore. I don't chase, and I only hook when optimal.

    I completely understand your frustration. It's the start of the trial...wait for it (30 seconds), here comes one, two, or even sometimes as many as three survivors running up to me.....flashlights clicking, all tea bagging away. I completely ignore them. As of right now....the current state of the game, I have 2 play styles, and I have NO control over which one it will be from trial to trial.

    I find 3 gens that are within close proximity to one another (no more than a 7 second walk), and I never stop patrolling and kicking gens (there was a time where killer couldn't kick gens). Survivors come running in...I don't chase, I don't care.

    The game, I'll concede, has been reduced to me kicking gens with overcharge, and slugging players over and over again. A trial may last well over 30 minutes this way, but everyone gets a ton of points, I usually wear down the survivors to walk away with 2 kills (ranks 10 - 5....I've never broken rank 5 myself).

    The point I'm trying to make is that I, as the Killer completely control the game. None of the perks matter, none of the equipment matters....because I, as the killer, choose not to bring them into play.

    What good is sprint burst if your not being chased? What good are pallets if your not being looped? What good is a flashlight if the killer isn't hooking? What good is DS if the killer isn't carrying survivors?

    Most survivors absolutely HATE this type of game play, but it's hard to argue with the results. I tell you, with great honesty, that 4Ks are very common (rank 8 -12) on Bunny Mom, Billy, and Doc. The range and mobility makes this type of strat pretty easy to execute.

    My friend...I don't have a personal interest to see you continue to play this game. If you're not having fun, I agree with you completely....stop playing. I've changed my play style at least 4 or 5 times based on the changes made to the game. Adapt or die. I won't say that I have amazing fun with every trial....but there are those that stick out.

    Start at the 1:40 mark

    It's moments like these that keep me, personally, playing. I do think you have a problem with the game at a fundamental level, which makes enjoyment difficult. I see it, I understand it. The killer will NEVER be in a power role....it's simply contrary to the essence of balance.

    Despite our two perspectives on the matter, I'm glad we can have civil discourse instead of just flaming each other.

    I still stand by the idea that the Killer has the power role. In this asymmetrical game where the Killer is working on his own against four other players of varying skill levels, I feel it's necessary for the Killer to have a clear advantage. I'm not saying the Killer should be able to win any and all situations, I just want the game to be in a position where I'm not forced to choose between one or two play-styles if I even want a chance to get a 4K. Ultimately, the Killer should be able to pick a play-style, and if it plays the entire trial well and doesn't make any mistakes, the Killer should come out on top.

    I love the thrill of chasing the Survivor, but chasing simply isn't viable against a Survivor who knows the map well, has the best perks, and knows how to loop (unless you play the top-tier Killers). But as the game stands, I feel like I get punished for daring to chase said Survivor. I chase too long, I lose. I drop the chase, the Survivor gets away and I still lose. It does not matter how skilled you are as a Killer in the current state of the game. What does matter whether or not you pick a top-tier Killer and how green the Survivors you're pit against are.

    I'm a competitive player and I want to have fun, but as it stands, the game is clearly balanced towards Survivors. The only way to have fun/win is to play the meta, or play one or two play-styles which just aren't enjoyable. Which is fine, every multiplayer game has some sort of meta, but this is also the case at low-ranks where Survivors/Killers where purposely de-rank to mess with either side.

    I do have moments where I have clutch moments, but those are few and far. My preferred Killers are Leatherface and Freddy, so I get punished simply because I choose to play those two. As I've already said, I will not be playing or buying future DLC for this game until it makes changes that actually help EVERY Killer, not just a few of them. It's not fun to me anymore. I simply don't believe that this game should be balanced for both sides, especially when the Survivors have the advantage of numbers, which is not an option to Killers. It needs to be balanced towards the Killer, not to make it unstoppable, but so that every Killer is a threat that has a variety of tackling the Survivors, not just one or two.

  • SuperboyPrimeSuperboyPrime Member Posts: 18

    @Fibijean said:
    You're not wrong that there are a lot of issues with the game. But why make a post like this? It just looks overdramatic and self-important. Yes, there are problems. But just make a post about them normally next time, because the truth is no one cares about one person boycotting the game, even if they write a public essay about it.

    Mostly to have a discussion and possible get BHVR's input. I think it accomplished the goal of discussion, but not of getting any developer input. It doesn't matter if anyone on the forums cares about me writing on essay about me boycotting. If this forum is moderated by BHVR staff, then they will hopefully see it and maybe it can help, even slightly, influence their decisions with the game.

    This is their official forums, so someone there must be looking over these threads, and I just want a word from one of them. I don't care how unlikely the odds are. Plus, your post adds nothing to the conversation. Clearly you must've cared at least a little to even bother posting that. So the thread is working in that it's garnering attention.

  • EpicFailTryHardEpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    the real elephant in the room, the problem that no one talks about here, is swf.  survivors playing with mics is overpowered.  good luck not getting matched up with them.  they are the ones who make the killer a joke.  horrible to play against.  it is difficult (as it should be) to go against an organized team of survivors but with mics....i just can't compete.  i hope i don't need to lay out the case as to why but i will if i have to.
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

    @EpicFailTryHard said:
    the real elephant in the room, the problem that no one talks about here, is swf.  survivors playing with mics is overpowered.  good luck not getting matched up with them.  they are the ones who make the killer a joke.  horrible to play against.  it is difficult (as it should be) to go against an organized team of survivors but with mics....i just can't compete.  i hope i don't need to lay out the case as to why but i will if i have to.

    It has nothing to do with luck.
    Just lobby-dodge the SWF matchups, if you go against them, then you do that on purpose and its kinda your fault :wink:

    The game isnt even balanced if experienced survivors play solo, guess what happens if experienced survivors abuse voice comms as a tactical tool :angry:

  • FeriousEagleFeriousEagle Member Posts: 9

    Please just buff the killers. Please. Rip Fred Boi.

  • Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,045

    @SnakeSound222 said:
    Don’t forget that every time Killers get a worthy buff, the Survivor mains act like little kids and whine their butts off until the devs eventually change it. It’s obvious that BHVR only cares about their cash cows, the Survivor mains. Otherwise Killers wouldn’t be a joke. 

    Exactly

  • ZanferZanfer Member Posts: 647

    @SuperboyPrime said:
    What the developers have done to Killer is just ridiculous. You feel incredibly powerless unless you play Nurse or Hillbilly, and I refuse to play the same two Killers over and over just to feel like I'm doing something. Survivor is boring to play, it's simply too easy to play as Survivor. I don't want to play Survivor, I want to play Killer. I want to play Killer and be satisfied. I post this here in hopes a developer sees this, or at least get a response from one of them.

    I don't want to play DBD anymore. I played Survivor for a while, but that got boring, and Killer is the only entertaining part of this game. But they have ruined it, and the community's pleas for any sort of balance IN FAVOR of the Killer has either been given a half-assed fix, or is ignored. I don't hate this game, I just hate the direction it's been going in for a while. And it doesn't seem like it's going to get any better.

    Even the new DLC doesn't seem to be bringing anything that will make playing Killer more satisfying and fun. No matter how hard you try, unless you try-hard as heck and bring in top-tier perks/add-ons, you will not have fun because the Killers are so weak and playing Survivor is a cakewalk. Again, I don't hate this game, I want to see them bring changes that will actually make Killer fun. But until that day comes, if it ever does, I'm not going to keep playing this game. I will not buy anymore of the DLC. Hopefully in the future I can come back and actually enjoy playing Killer, but until that day, I'm not going to keep frustrating myself playing DBD. The game has incredible potential, but the developers need to remember that the Killer is meant to be an unstoppable force, not a laughable one.

    The devs did talk about how they are going to make animations better and going through old killers and making them better. Time is the essence here.

  • EpicFailTryHardEpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    edited June 2018
    Master said:

    @EpicFailTryHard said:
    the real elephant in the room, the problem that no one talks about here, is swf.  survivors playing with mics is overpowered.  good luck not getting matched up with them.  they are the ones who make the killer a joke.  horrible to play against.  it is difficult (as it should be) to go against an organized team of survivors but with mics....i just can't compete.  i hope i don't need to lay out the case as to why but i will if i have to.

    It has nothing to do with luck.
    Just lobby-dodge the SWF matchups, if you go against them, then you do that on purpose and its kinda your fault :wink:

    The game isnt even balanced if experienced survivors play solo, guess what happens if experienced survivors abuse voice comms as a tactical tool :angry:



    i play on ps4.  the only way i can dodge is if they all appear at the same time.  otherwise, their friend's list is usially on private.
  • SuperboyPrimeSuperboyPrime Member Posts: 18

    @Zanfer said:

    @SuperboyPrime said:
    What the developers have done to Killer is just ridiculous. You feel incredibly powerless unless you play Nurse or Hillbilly, and I refuse to play the same two Killers over and over just to feel like I'm doing something. Survivor is boring to play, it's simply too easy to play as Survivor. I don't want to play Survivor, I want to play Killer. I want to play Killer and be satisfied. I post this here in hopes a developer sees this, or at least get a response from one of them.

    I don't want to play DBD anymore. I played Survivor for a while, but that got boring, and Killer is the only entertaining part of this game. But they have ruined it, and the community's pleas for any sort of balance IN FAVOR of the Killer has either been given a half-assed fix, or is ignored. I don't hate this game, I just hate the direction it's been going in for a while. And it doesn't seem like it's going to get any better.

    Even the new DLC doesn't seem to be bringing anything that will make playing Killer more satisfying and fun. No matter how hard you try, unless you try-hard as heck and bring in top-tier perks/add-ons, you will not have fun because the Killers are so weak and playing Survivor is a cakewalk. Again, I don't hate this game, I want to see them bring changes that will actually make Killer fun. But until that day comes, if it ever does, I'm not going to keep playing this game. I will not buy anymore of the DLC. Hopefully in the future I can come back and actually enjoy playing Killer, but until that day, I'm not going to keep frustrating myself playing DBD. The game has incredible potential, but the developers need to remember that the Killer is meant to be an unstoppable force, not a laughable one.

    The devs did talk about how they are going to make animations better and going through old killers and making them better. Time is the essence here.

    I'm aware that the developers are talking about this issue already. I would just like to see the results of these discussions, and if they will actually benefit the Killer, soon than later. They made a big deal about the Wraith balances, but those turned out to be insignificant. I want to see actual meaningful changes, not hear about them.

  • CallMeRusty420CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    edited June 2018

    @weirdkid5 said:
    I've had the pleasure of speaking with @not_Queen and I can assure you the game will be going in a better place. I trust the devs understand the problems of the game, and while it may take time, I fully believe they can make this game better for all sides, but especially Killer, which has been neglected for a long time.

    Let this 2.0 update a new start for the game. Forget the past and try to look forward, assuming the patch is worth the wait and what we've seen in the PTB will indeed stay in the balance.

    I'm not gonna just forget all the bull$hit us killers had to suffer through for survivor's enjoyment. They said they'll fix the game before and messed it up. Like before, I'm sure they'll add in survivor buffs for the poor rank 20 survivors which will buff the high rank survs and we'll be back to square 1 in no time. Just wait and see.

  • snozersnozer Member Posts: 776

    3 months between patches is a bit rough tho... especially with the tiny little changes these devs make.

  • LarczLarcz Member Posts: 531

    I don't want read or hear about what we don't do next i want see real patch fix balance etc.After close to 900h i this game my patience is 99% lost now i make only dayli quest and don't play more.Im killer main and i just don't want play this no more like this is now.I don't have any power as killer and can't do #########.And what i hear from almost 8 months we speak about this we got ideas etc and what i got ? More nerf for killers and more dlc what change nothing.

  • SkemoooSkemooo Member Posts: 193

    @Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.
    We had this discussion today again on Discord.

    They are starting to work actively since this patch to make the killer experience better in general.
    They told me to trust and wait, and tbh, there's nothing we can do to either : wait and trust, or leave and go (play civilization).

    dude its teh same BS they have been telling for years.. if you think interms of business why would you even bother making killer experience bettwe? you only need to please 1/5th player base to stay to have enough killers.. and at this point most killers are straight up masochists. i only play kilelr if i have enough BPs to get good addons otehr wise its poinltess.. survivors i can survie whoel game with just 1 perks sprint burst. as long as my team is good enough to do gens.. only nurse and billy can challenge me but most nurse and billy mains have quit this game.. so new players trying out chase killers is all i face.. tehy will never do any change to killers that would harm new survivors retention.. all the words tehy say about killer balance is heresy..

  • Jack11803Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

    @Swiftblade131 said:

    @SnakeSound222 said:
    Don’t forget that every time Killers get a worthy buff, the Survivor mains act like little kids and whine their butts off until the devs eventually change it. It’s obvious that BHVR only cares about their cash cows, the Survivor mains. Otherwise Killers wouldn’t be a joke. 

    Exactly

    Did literally everyone in this thread FORGET they had to break free from Starbreeze, who managed all their stuff with money in mind? They literally couldn’t risk losing survivors back then because of Starbreeze. Now that they are free stuff is finally patient. The year before this wasn’t necessarily their fault. Give them time now that they are capable of doing balance better.

  • YuhgYuhg Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2018

    @FSB75 said:

    @SuperboyPrime said:

    I don't mind getting outplayed, half the fun of this game is adapting to your opponents. But the Killer simply cannot compete with the amount of Survivor crutches. Why is it that the Survivors get so many crutches, but the Killers don't? If the Killers are in the power role, shouldn't they have more crutches? The Survivors should be the ones that constantly have to work their butts off to pick up the win, not the Killer.

    I truly appreciate your taking the time to respond and in such detail.

    There's so many points in your response that I wanted to respond to....but I found your closing comments to be the most striking.

    Based on your overall attitude about the game, and when I say attitude, I don't mean in a sense of good or bad...perhaps....perspective is a better word; I don't think you are going to find much satisfaction.

    "If the Killers are in the power role, shouldn't they have more crutches? "

    I don't believe the killer were ever meant o be in a "power role". I think this is flawed logic wherein the idea of balance comes into play.

    It's moments like these that keep me, personally, playing. I do think you have a problem with the game at a fundamental level, which makes enjoyment difficult. I see it, I understand it. The killer will NEVER be in a power role....it's simply contrary to the essence of balance.

    Now let me say something.

    The game is supposed to be an Assymetrical game, Assymetricals are Power Role vs Number role. That doesn't mean you have to be unstoppable, but you of course shouldn't be bullied like we're getting bullied right now.

    You can balance an assymetrical, but you can't make the number role to be the power role too. Because then, you unbalance the game. Sorry but even if i'm quoting just a portion of your post, i did read it, and i 100% dissagree. Look at Deathgarden, damn, even Evolve did the assymetrical thing pretty decently. If you didn't manage to hunt the monster before he evolved, the fight was difficult as hell, it was a real power there.

    You can struggle in an assymetrical if you're the power role when the number role does its thing, like working together. but right now the number role has so many tools to make their mistakes like they never happened that its ridiculous. When a survivor can make you run 3 minutes totally safe because of the amount of pallets, crutch perks, etc. And by that time 90% of the gens are done, if you don't find a problem here maybe, (don't think of this comment as a rude one) the one that has a mistaken attitude is you. if 2 freaking college students can manage to bully without punish a 7 ft tall bloodthirsty killer, the game has a real problem of balance.

    If the game forces you at certain ranks to only play the 3 tops killers to manage to do decently, the game has a problem of balance. Right now, facing 4 DS, 4 SB, 4 SH and 4 BT is absurd at enormous levels because facing 4 survivors that go with the best perks right now when with the best killer perks you can't even counter 2, is ridiculous

  • M4I3XM4I3X Member Posts: 25

    Have you guys ever thought about what the ranksystem is for? It exist to get all players on different ranks depending on your skill as killer/survivor. And if you play on rank 1 and get rekt almost ervery round it's just not the right rank for you. People just need to accept that...

  • ChrismorChrismor Member Posts: 20

    @FSB75 said:

    @SuperboyPrime said:

    I don't mind getting outplayed, half the fun of this game is adapting to your opponents. But the Killer simply cannot compete with the amount of Survivor crutches. Why is it that the Survivors get so many crutches, but the Killers don't? If the Killers are in the power role, shouldn't they have more crutches? The Survivors should be the ones that constantly have to work their butts off to pick up the win, not the Killer.

    I truly appreciate your taking the time to respond and in such detail.

    There's so many points in your response that I wanted to respond to....but I found your closing comments to be the most striking.

    Based on your overall attitude about the game, and when I say attitude, I don't mean in a sense of good or bad...perhaps....perspective is a better word; I don't think you are going to find much satisfaction.

    "If the Killers are in the power role, shouldn't they have more crutches? "

    I don't believe the killer were ever meant o be in a "power role". I think this is flawed logic wherein the idea of balance comes into play.

    Allow me to explain. I have experienced everything you mentioned above. the window juking, the pallet looping, the perks, the chases....all of it. No, that doesn't happen to me anymore. I don't chase, and I only hook when optimal.

    I completely understand your frustration. It's the start of the trial...wait for it (30 seconds), here comes one, two, or even sometimes as many as three survivors running up to me.....flashlights clicking, all tea bagging away. I completely ignore them. As of right now....the current state of the game, I have 2 play styles, and I have NO control over which one it will be from trial to trial.

    I find 3 gens that are within close proximity to one another (no more than a 7 second walk), and I never stop patrolling and kicking gens (there was a time where killer couldn't kick gens). Survivors come running in...I don't chase, I don't care.

    The game, I'll concede, has been reduced to me kicking gens with overcharge, and slugging players over and over again. A trial may last well over 30 minutes this way, but everyone gets a ton of points, I usually wear down the survivors to walk away with 2 kills (ranks 10 - 5....I've never broken rank 5 myself).

    The point I'm trying to make is that I, as the Killer completely control the game. None of the perks matter, none of the equipment matters....because I, as the killer, choose not to bring them into play.

    What good is sprint burst if your not being chased? What good are pallets if your not being looped? What good is a flashlight if the killer isn't hooking? What good is DS if the killer isn't carrying survivors?

    Most survivors absolutely HATE this type of game play, but it's hard to argue with the results. I tell you, with great honesty, that 4Ks are very common (rank 8 -12) on Bunny Mom, Billy, and Doc. The range and mobility makes this type of strat pretty easy to execute.

    My friend...I don't have a personal interest to see you continue to play this game. If you're not having fun, I agree with you completely....stop playing. I've changed my play style at least 4 or 5 times based on the changes made to the game. Adapt or die. I won't say that I have amazing fun with every trial....but there are those that stick out.

    Start at the 1:40 mark

    It's moments like these that keep me, personally, playing. I do think you have a problem with the game at a fundamental level, which makes enjoyment difficult. I see it, I understand it. The killer will NEVER be in a power role....it's simply contrary to the essence of balance.

    HAHAHAHA yeah I use that strategy also although I only use it when I find players who love to annoy the killer
    only that I never hook anyone my goal is only to bother if they want to be toxic to me that gives me the permission to be toxic too so I lengthen the game 40-50 minutes until they are tired they teabagging me, clicking their flashlights let me hit them once to urge me to chase them and i only laugh at the comments full of fury of the post chat

  • NickNick Member Posts: 876

    The game is going in the right direction after the last patch imo

  • TaretsuTaretsu Member Posts: 46

    @SuperboyPrime said:
    Why would I play Hag or Freddy over Huntress? I may enjoy playing them, but I know for a fact if I get decent Survivors in my lobby, I'm not going to have a good time. No Killer should feel powerless against Survivors. I don't even tunnel or camp, but I can't even complete a chase with a Killer like Freddy before multiple generators have been completed. If I continue to chase, then I will lose. If I don't continue the chase, then the Survivor will get away and heal, and I'll still lose.

    Well, with this little part I can tell you are among those who play Freddy just as if he was a Wraith and that's what gives Freddy that much of a bad credit. Granted, he's got some important weaknesses to address but you (and many others) make him sound a lot worse than he actually is. Freddy IS about breaking chases. Helloooooo!!! Aura reading?!?! Take it from a rank 1 Freddy: whenever a surv takes me to the third loop in a row I just say "ok, mate! see ya in a bit" and go control a generator only to come back to him when he's healing. Not all killers are meant to be played the same. And you don't tunnel or camp? Well, that's just you putting a cap on your performance. Nothing stops you from doing either both if the context is the best for it.

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

    @Zanfer said:

    @SuperboyPrime said:
    What the developers have done to Killer is just ridiculous. You feel incredibly powerless unless you play Nurse or Hillbilly, and I refuse to play the same two Killers over and over just to feel like I'm doing something. Survivor is boring to play, it's simply too easy to play as Survivor. I don't want to play Survivor, I want to play Killer. I want to play Killer and be satisfied. I post this here in hopes a developer sees this, or at least get a response from one of them.

    I don't want to play DBD anymore. I played Survivor for a while, but that got boring, and Killer is the only entertaining part of this game. But they have ruined it, and the community's pleas for any sort of balance IN FAVOR of the Killer has either been given a half-assed fix, or is ignored. I don't hate this game, I just hate the direction it's been going in for a while. And it doesn't seem like it's going to get any better.

    Even the new DLC doesn't seem to be bringing anything that will make playing Killer more satisfying and fun. No matter how hard you try, unless you try-hard as heck and bring in top-tier perks/add-ons, you will not have fun because the Killers are so weak and playing Survivor is a cakewalk. Again, I don't hate this game, I want to see them bring changes that will actually make Killer fun. But until that day comes, if it ever does, I'm not going to keep playing this game. I will not buy anymore of the DLC. Hopefully in the future I can come back and actually enjoy playing Killer, but until that day, I'm not going to keep frustrating myself playing DBD. The game has incredible potential, but the developers need to remember that the Killer is meant to be an unstoppable force, not a laughable one.

    The devs did talk about how they are going to make animations better and going through old killers and making them better. Time is the essence here.

    All I hear is talking, but nothing happens
    Changing animation like trappers "cheap" mori, who gives a damn seriously

    Perfect example is the clown, he is nowhere close nurse, just another mediocre killer in the selection. A few days after its release and I hardly see him anymore

Sign In or Register to comment.