Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.0 PTB starts today. For more information and patch notes, click here.

Is in-game report function working...

RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

...or just a button made purely for fun, like in the past? Asking serious question, there are some people insulting my family, and I do not know if I can report them via in-game report function, or I need to look for somewhere on forums?

Comments

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 16,078
    edited November 2018

It's always worked; it's people like you who think it didn't/doesn't and people who lie about it that made it pointless. Well, those and people who make false reports, obviously.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 3,428

not on consoles

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Orion said:
    It's always worked; it's people like you who think it didn't/doesn't and people who lie about it that made it pointless.

It didn't work in the past, that's why we had online report on the google.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 16,078

@RSB said:

@Orion said:
    It's always worked; it's people like you who think it didn't/doesn't and people who lie about it that made it pointless.

It didn't work in the past, that's why we had online report on the google.

It did work in the past.

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Peanits said:
    It is working, just not on consoles just yet (consoles bans are coming soon). It always has, even, there just hasn't been a team to review the reports until recently.

For chat related offenses, in-game reports are sufficient. They will log the chat for us to review. You do not need to send a support ticket for those sorts of reports. For example (assuming I remember your profile correctly), I can see you recently had a run-in with a guy who particularly liked families.

Yeah, especially my family. He did not liked the way I play (toying with the survivors, not tryharding on them).

Thanks for your reply, by the way, nice to see there is a team of people punishing bad behaviours.

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    To bad we won't be able to report comm abuse to BHVR on console. Just had a guy threatening that hes going to [BAD WORD] my dog...
  • NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 7,290
    edited November 2018
    To bad we won't be able to report comm abuse to BHVR on console. Just had a guy threatening that hes going to [BAD WORD] my dog...
    That's nasty, ew.
  • ReneAenslandReneAensland Member Posts: 838

lol no, it's only there to pretend something is happening.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

@ReneAensland said:

Yet another person that wants to lie so people won't report, they complaint threads on this very forum and Steam about getting banned put the lie to your claim.

• JudgementJudgement Member Posts: 797

@ChesterTheMolester said:

You know you can report the messages sent to you directly to Sony? If I remember correctly (and I have a PS3 and PS4, I should know this ffs lmao) you can report the player in Messaging and it gets sent to Sony.
    Any threats of [BAD WORD] against one's person or family, is definitely punishable by account suspension or even an outright ban from PSN.
    Just for good measure you should send a support ticket straight to Sony with screenshots of the messages.

• MichikoMichiko Member Posts: 624

not on consoles

Report anything to Sony. Save the screenshot and email it to them, thats what my friend did when a salty survivor traced his I.P. and mentioned he knew his zipcode. My friend saved the screenshot and emailed it to Sony and they banned the guy two days later.
  • PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,398
    You should report that to either Sony or Microsoft. They're going to have logs for all of that and they'll be able to punish them way worse than just a ban from DBD. We can't really do anything there because screenshots are easily altered and we don't have logs we can use for stuff that happens outside of the game.

I literally just posted an example above proving that they work.