Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

How many solo survivors do not want to use voice communications?

2

Comments

  • GicheGiche Member Posts: 753

    @Malakir said:

    Yeah then if you wish I could do that same. I'll take a dumb comment of yours apply it here. I think would be fun ^^

    You sound salty.

    Can't figure why tho.

  • MalakirMalakir Member Posts: 799
    Whatever.
    Can we close this thread? since people prefer make flame wars throwing random [BAD WORD] instead of talking about what this thread was meant for
  • PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,074
    Orion said:

    @Peanits said:
    I wouldn't want voice chat with randoms. I absolutely hate voice chat with strangers in online games. You always run into someone playing music in the background, someone deep throating the mic and breathing heavily, and loads of people who start blaming everyone the second things start to go wrong.

    The last one is the biggest issue. You can only get so upset at a mute person. When you can view your frustrations at them and they can fire back, things are going to go south real quick. See: Overwatch.

    I'd rather the same info be available without voice chat to level the playing field. Aura reading, etc.

    Who or what I deepthroat is none of your business. Don't kink shame.

    I don't judge, I just don't want it in my ears.
  • BigBubsBigBubs Member Posts: 1,047

    Asking this question here is silly , all the crybaby killers who complain about swf will obviously come, with their survivor camo on, saying they don't like using voice chat.

  • Mr_Jay_StarkMr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    As a solo survivor player I don’t want voice communication! Voice communication is one of the reasons I left Friday the 13th I don’t want to hear “OMG THE KILLER IS CAMPING ME” or “THE KILLER IS TUNNELING ME! STOP TUNNELING ME” and I don’t want to hear your cat or you eating! I just want to have a nice chill game of survivor 😌
  • ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited November 2018
    Malakir said:
    Malakir said:

    @Giche @ChesterTheMolester
    Its so funny how much effort you guys put to disproof or shame (trying to at least) someone for an opinion and saying unrelated stuff and ignoring answers that point this out. Just Hilarious!

    Like comparing mortal kombat to dbd is dumb since its an asymmetrical game, explaining the voice com problem then proceed to list OTHERS DbD problems to prove his point (?)
    If you would've put the same effort using that weird thing called brain and think before typing, that would be GREAT!

    Sorry officer but we all know its not going to be popular and will probably never get it in the game, and the chance that a Dev will answer this thread is lower than finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

    In addition i did not compare the DBD to other games in this thread and neither did @Giche

    And we weren't shaming Bats for his opinion, we called out and made fun of his dishonesty, its clear that he bets on people being to lazy or stupid to realize that he lies.
    My bad, it was another stupid guy with biased opinion like you. Y'kno sometimes its hard to tell the difference since you guys look the same. Stupid
    Sorry bro, but unlike you i ain't desperate enough to project opinions on people. 
    And if i look the same as other biased Killer mains to you for the edgy opinion that Freddy IS NOT on the same level as Nurse then feel free to call me biased and stupid. I'm sure most people would agree with you thats completely rational.
  • ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Orion said:

    @Peanits said:
    I wouldn't want voice chat with randoms. I absolutely hate voice chat with strangers in online games. You always run into someone playing music in the background, someone deep throating the mic and breathing heavily, and loads of people who start blaming everyone the second things start to go wrong.

    The last one is the biggest issue. You can only get so upset at a mute person. When you can view your frustrations at them and they can fire back, things are going to go south real quick. See: Overwatch.

    I'd rather the same info be available without voice chat to level the playing field. Aura reading, etc.

    Who or what I deepthroat is none of your business. Don't kink shame.

    Does muting count as kink shame?
  • TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320

    @BigBubs said:
    Asking this question here is silly , all the crybaby killers who complain about swf will obviously come, with their survivor camo on, saying they don't like using voice chat.

    So would you rather as the question to another audience that doesn't play the game?

    I mean.... Come to the forums... Ask a question to the community that plays it... Wow... Seems illogical to do that I guess..

    Nice...

    Life lesson everyone:

    ONLY ASK QUESTIONS TO PEOPLE WHO WILL ONLY AGREE WITH YOU. NEVER ASK QUESTIONS TO A GROUP THAT WILL DISAGREE WITH YOU.

    Geez....

  • RekinSharkRekinShark Member Posts: 21
    It's a 'No' from me for voice communication.

    This game is rock salt as it is.
  • ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 2,606

    @BigBubs said:
    Asking this question here is silly , all the crybaby killers who complain about swf will obviously come, with their survivor camo on, saying they don't like using voice chat.

    Dear lord this comment. Holy crap. Did you have any traumatizing experience with killer mains in the past?
    Most killer mains on these forums agree that solo survivors need to be buffed to a similar level as swf, in order for the game and it's killers to be balanced much better. It's just that many people don't want to use voice comms with strangers, including me. While I main killer, I also enjoy solo survivor, even now still, cause playing solo survivor isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be, it's just harder than swf, but I'd rather have aura abilities added to the base kit of survivors to make up for the advantages that swf survivors have.
    Cause if we just add voice comms, players like me will still keep having a disadvantage to swf players and then all players that enjoy using voice comms with strangers. If they add kindred and bond to the base kit of survivors though, than I'd be glad if the devs added the option of voice comm as well for those that would still, like that on top of the aura reading buffs.

    Yet here I am, reading a comment like this. People on these forums need to stop being so aggressive towards other people on the forum.

  • AlonaAlona Member Posts: 40

    We have voice comms in White Noise 2, and after round after round after round of russian players that talk non-stop, high-pitched 14 years old and some kind of background noises of playing kids or techno music, I can't stand another game with open voice comm.
    No, I don't want to mute them, I don't want to hear them in the first place, please.

  • ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 2,606

    @Alona said:
    We have voice comms in White Noise 2, and after round after round after round of russian players that talk non-stop, high-pitched 14 years old and some kind of background noises of playing kids or techno music, I can't stand another game with open voice comm.
    No, I don't want to mute them, I don't want to hear them in the first place, please.

    i mean they could add voice comm that can be activated by anyone who wants to use it, while keeping it mute by default. It just wouldn't solve the imbalance between solo and swf survivors for those people who don't want to play this game with voice comms.

  • DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,486
    Voice comms are great for strategy but that's not what happens in my experience. Any time I have joined a group; its always loud noises and stupid jokes in the background. The not so rare exception is complaints about the killer and how a dc at the last moment is what they deserve. Just hope this is something killer is never forced to endure.
  • GrossAnimeTrashGrossAnimeTrash Member Posts: 10
    It’d be nice to have the option but also have other survivors default muted so that way you aren’t forced into it. Not every game I want to take seriously and as emotionally taxing as this game is from time to time, sometimes I just don’t have the energy to listen to someone either critique my build, tell me I’m bad when I make a mistake, or do their best impression of the Dbd wiki and tell me everything about this game. 
  • PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,396
    Orion said:

    @Peanits said:
    I wouldn't want voice chat with randoms. I absolutely hate voice chat with strangers in online games. You always run into someone playing music in the background, someone deep throating the mic and breathing heavily, and loads of people who start blaming everyone the second things start to go wrong.

    The last one is the biggest issue. You can only get so upset at a mute person. When you can view your frustrations at them and they can fire back, things are going to go south real quick. See: Overwatch.

    I'd rather the same info be available without voice chat to level the playing field. Aura reading, etc.

    Who or what I deepthroat is none of your business. Don't kink shame.

    "Kink shaming is my kink!"
  • MalakirMalakir Member Posts: 799
    Malakir said:
    Malakir said:

    @Giche @ChesterTheMolester
    Its so funny how much effort you guys put to disproof or shame (trying to at least) someone for an opinion and saying unrelated stuff and ignoring answers that point this out. Just Hilarious!

    Like comparing mortal kombat to dbd is dumb since its an asymmetrical game, explaining the voice com problem then proceed to list OTHERS DbD problems to prove his point (?)
    If you would've put the same effort using that weird thing called brain and think before typing, that would be GREAT!

    Sorry officer but we all know its not going to be popular and will probably never get it in the game, and the chance that a Dev will answer this thread is lower than finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

    In addition i did not compare the DBD to other games in this thread and neither did @Giche

    And we weren't shaming Bats for his opinion, we called out and made fun of his dishonesty, its clear that he bets on people being to lazy or stupid to realize that he lies.
    My bad, it was another stupid guy with biased opinion like you. Y'kno sometimes its hard to tell the difference since you guys look the same. Stupid
    Sorry bro, but unlike you i ain't desperate enough to project opinions on people. 
    And if i look the same as other biased Killer mains to you for the edgy opinion that Freddy IS NOT on the same level as Nurse then feel free to call me biased and stupid. I'm sure most people would agree with you thats completely rational.
    Omg are you really or just 12?

    No I just said that was a comment took out of context. Seriously its very hard don't call you names since you sound so stupid I really can find one word to describe you.

    I disagree with his opinion, still an opinion and you took it out of context just to make fun of him. Thats low and stupid and how you answer I can see how dumb you really are.

    Yes I get confused with people who might have beaten their heads way too often on a corner several times since they think alike, simply they don't.

    You say edgy opinion while trying to be edgy and look cool that's sad

    I just lost any interest seriously. I explained several times now but you are too obtuse I see
  • ShrimpTwiggsShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 967

    I'm not listening to twelve-year-olds squeaking at me if I don't save them five seconds after they've been hooked.

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

    I just have to laugh at those that're so desperate to make me look bad they not only take what I say out of context but try and throw disparate things together to make it look better.

    The simple fact is that some killer mains on here have mastered Freddy at rank 1 and terrorize with him regularly. But because some posters on here can't handle a logical argument they resort to distortion and then do it again.

    I could easily pull together disparate posts and put them together and make the foolish people look even more foolish. But that'd be dishonest to tie a bunch of stuff together to try and make them look foolish for saying something they didn't say.

    I'll leave this quote here for the ones that want to try and distort to make others look foolish but instead make themselves look foolish.

    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt"

    Sadly those 2 have already removed all doubt.

  • HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 3,305
    edited November 2018

    I played a few swf games and didn't like the experience, I find it distracting to constantly stay on coms and have a person constantly mumbling his game plan into my ear also I like to solo queue because you have to constantly adapt during the game and I enjoy unpredictability of gameplay. So using it with randoms is a double negative

  • DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited November 2018

    @powerbats said:
    I just have to laugh at those that're so desperate to make me look bad they not only take what I say out of context but try and throw disparate things together to make it look better.

    The simple fact is that some killer mains on here have mastered Freddy at rank 1 and terrorize with him regularly. But because some posters on here can't handle a logical argument they resort to distortion and then do it again.

    I could easily pull together disparate posts and put them together and make the foolish people look even more foolish. But that'd be dishonest to tie a bunch of stuff together to try and make them look foolish for saying something they didn't say.

    I'll leave this quote here for the ones that want to try and distort to make others look foolish but instead make themselves look foolish.

    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt"

    Sadly those 2 have already removed all doubt.

    *than

    (couldn't resist :P)

  • serabeth90serabeth90 Member Posts: 100
    edited November 2018
    It should be an option for people who want to use it and you should be able to mute audio and mic separately if you choose not to use either/or. So if you wanted to subject yourself to listening to the idiots you queued with, you can just mute your mic but leave voice chat audio on. If you don’t want to listen, then you should be able to mute the audio (which would auto mute your mic too). 

    Most solo survivors will not use it for obvious reasons. But I think it should be an option nonetheless. 

    I wouldn’t mind the ability to hotkey some brief, easy phrases to help in communication though. Like, “The killer is close to the hook! The killer has left the hook! I will get the save. I am too far to save.”


  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

    @DocOctober said:

    *than

    (couldn't resist :P)

    well played sir and I couldn't resist either sadly, so apologies for that. I do agree with quite a bit of what you say oftentimes however. (shh don't tell anyone though)

  • aproposapropos Member Posts: 245

    I do my survivor-ing solo every time. From my experience, even without voice comms, other players put me in bad situations too often. it'd be worse with voice comms, because... humans.

    As a killer, I honestly don't mind the voice comms, what bothers me is the coordinated perks that make SWF groups highly optimized in every trial.

    Normally, survivors don't get to coordinate their perks, so overlapping or duplicate perks can make the team weaker as a whole. To balance that out, the killer is prevented from always using the best addons, because they're lost each trial. So, each side has to deal with times of not being optimized. However, SWF completely circumvents that, and adds voice comms to boot.

  • vanillabeansimvanillabeansim Member Posts: 7
    Noooo, no voice comm. I play solo only. Mainly because I have no friends that play but even if I did, I don’t want to talk. 
  • NoOneNoOne Member Posts: 32
    I play solo. Sometimes with a friend, but without any coms.
  • Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 942
    edited November 2018

    @lindechene said:
    I keep reading on this forum that
    Personally after a long day I do not want to talk to others during a game.
    I enjoy playing with others but I do not want to be forced to endure the random noises of background music, high pitched teenage boys, swearing and other offensive language of random people.

    I'm right there with you, OP. Couldn't agree more. Not having to put up with that kind of thing is one of the reasons I enjoy DBD compared to most other online MP games.

    @Eight said:
    Sorry, I don't want to talk to a load of kids online. If it ever becomes a requirement, I'm out of here.

    I'm not a huge fan of multiplayer online games in general. For some reason I got into DbD though.

    And also this. We're in the same boat it seems; DBD is definitely unlike any of the other games I play. It's not an accident I've kept up with DBD but generally avoid the games that are more like it.

  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 9,489

    I don't.

Sign In or Register to comment.