Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Can we please have a chill mode?

Comments

• JasmineDragonJasmineDragon Member Posts: 372

For literally the third time now, and Im opening with this because for as far as your head is up your own ass, you still can't read ######### english. I have no intention on using a casual dbd mode. I personally do not want or need that environment, I prefer the optimized competition of a rank 1 swf trying to survive against me, playing out a fair game where I get my 12 hooks without having to rely on crutch perks or tunneling or some #########. Im here for the difficult, highly optimized game. I think disregarding the less competitive setting as pointless and as something that isn't integral in a game's health is ridiculous though, and I think many people would enjoy such a mode.

You haven't given a single reason as to why it wouldn't functionally work other than "different people call chill a different thing". The argument for slower que times is not a problem with the system itself, it is a potential issue with matchmaking. If more people were playing in general because of the casual mode that wouldn't be an issue, but if thats the route we want to go down neither of us can speak on fact, those are both pure speculation.

You're 100% just talking out of your ass whenever you reference a different game. Different gamemodes 100% have different mechanics. In rainbow for example, ranked games have a pick/ban phase and the defenders get to select which bomb site they want to defend. The ranked diffuser has DOUBLE the activation time, and they get a minute less per round. Ranked Siege has even outright banned new ops in the past in ranked. There are also more rounds in a game.

This is just one example, but each of the games I listed have vastly different casual and ranked gameplay mechanics that force a more team oriented and calculated play style. You aren't being pragmatic, you're just talking out of your ass because you realized someone actually put some amount of thought into something and you can't poke holes in it because you don't know what the ######### you're talking about.

And Jesus ######### christ, lose the god complex. "YOU ARE ALL BOTS TO ME", "ITS A PIPE DREAM", "LET ME GIVE YOU THREE CONSECUTIVE ANALOGIES SO I CAN JERK OFF MY GIANT PENIS". Holy ######### who do you think you are? Its so ######### cringy. Its a discussion board, make some points and discuss or go back to your living inside your giant ######### head

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460

Heh. Watch your blood pressure there champ. If I trigger you that easy, I can only imagine what the game does to you. The option to have casual games ALREADY exists for anyone who wants to use it. If people choose to disregard it, they have only themselves to blame. Custom game exists for people who want to implement (with like-minded folks) whatever rules they want, and try out whatever they want. So let me REPEAT: the mode already exists.

Getting angry at me doesn't in any way negate the points I've made. You said that the DEV should make a casual mode for people who want to play it. I've pointed out (and you are ignoring) that mode already exists. If people go into the Ques, they get whomever they get matched with and should understand that. If people don't like the heat, they stay out of the kitchen. The game provides them with an alternate way of playing.

yes because everyone always has five people available. You also get literally no reward of any kind for this, no bp, no xp towards tomes, but if you want to say ignoring the fact that customs games physically exist as ignoring the "many points" you claim to have made, then that is just very diluted... The games listed all have custom games AND casual modes, there is a time and place for each and you know that. Its okay to be wrong, but if you want to just keep changing what your goal is then this isn't a discussion, its me explaining at you for twenty minutes :/

You went from "no game would ever do such a thing" to "yea but its just the same" to "yea but no one would want it" to "yea but we have it already"

Your first and most recent points are literally antitheses to each other. You are arguing for the sake of it. Doubling down on a wrong answer is so much worse than just admitting you might have been wrong

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 4,506

They won't split playerbase since it'll make qeues longer. But it would be nice, considering psn communities will no longer be available soon. I used to play kyf with randoms there pretty often.

edited March 2021

Actually it is SUPER easy, barely an inconvenience. Whenever I want a custom game, and my regular pals aren't available, I jump on to Discord and it takes a few minutes at most. I've even picked up casual players with a post. Again, do not blame the game or the Dev if you can't be bothered to FIND the people who want to play by your terms. They are out there; I'm sure.

*P.S. I said the kind of casual game YOU want mandated into a Que is impossible. I have now pointed out an alternate way for you to get one. You should be elated. And you don't need XP or BP or any of those things when everything is UNLOCKED in the Custom Game. And you don't DESERVE those things earned in a game with less work than everyone else.

99% of all games : Have a designated casual mode with functioning matchmaking : reward the play against people

99% of games : Have a designated, harder, more competitive ranked mode, with greater rewards for playing

99% of games : Have a custom mode with your ability to choose maps, abilities, and other modifiers you normally have no control over

When you can explain wh dbd needs to follow a different pattern, for literally any reason, you can get off your high horse. Because false equivalencies still aren't an argument

Sure, I can do that for you. DbD is a successful game NOW. They do that by keeping their Ques moving. They aren't going to fix what isn't broken. :)

• DragonshensiDragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

I’m rank 7 survivor and I’m constantly getting tunnelers and campers. Just had a match with the pig that tunneled me so bad she ignored everyone else and just kept putting me oh the hook till I was dead. Couldn’t do much else. She didn’t even try to go after others.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,599
    edited March 2021

If you want a "chill mode", then find a different game because this one isn't always going to deliver that. In fact, Most PvP games aren't going to deliver that.

This is not a put down or anything either - it's a mentality I put on myself. If I'm not in the mood to be competitive, I don't play DBD. I find something I can take it easy in.

Post edited by FrenziedRoach on

So your final reason, be all end all, for all the theatricts and ######### you were pulling, is ######### "meh" XD

Im ######### dead

• pigsaagpigsaag Member Posts: 206

yeah, good luck with that. and i feel pitty for you when mmr changes comes live, because once you get a lot of wins with one killer, swf will become common.

• ClownIsUnderratedClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Even if there was a chill mode, what's to stop the tryhards from going into chill mode?

• PigEmpressPigEmpress Member Posts: 79

I think there could be a chill mode that just does not use perks or items. I'd actually want to play a mode where there are no perks or items(except maybe items picked in the arena).

I didn't pull anything; the theatrics were all YOURS. You are the ones asking for something, demanding it in fact. You gave us a lot of jive about other games having what you want. Go play those other games. :) If you keep playing this one, then clearly the game is fine and doesn't need what you are asking for.

"hey you have a car, and I have a car, so why do we need a bus service in this town?". Its still such a non argument. Other games have less competitive sections for availability, expanding the community and allowing people to learn a game in a semi competitive environment so they can then experience what a game really has to offer. The lower ranks in dbd really are awful. They are full of campers, tunnelers, and overall just really poor players trying to rank up with non-viable gameplay. A casual setting, as in all games, provides an opportunity to walk before you can run.

I can't figure out if you are literally just trolling or actually this ignorant at this point

• UnifallUnifall Member Posts: 749

I think a "chill mode" mode would be a 2v8 in a big map but have it only appear for a couple of hours

Right now I'm laughing at you. Are you seriously calling ME a troll after all the personal attacks you have lobbed along with your edited language? :) This is the situation. The OP (and you) have said you want a chill/casual/relaxed/whatever mode. I advised you:

1. That is isn't going to happen.
    2. Why it isn't going to happen (logistics of the Ques).
    3. And offered you an option that gives you a work around (Custom Game).

You didn't like my answers. Not liking my answers and attacking me personally (as amusing as I find it) doesn't alter any facts or refute my points. The discussion between us was over a long time ago in so far as the debate. But since you seem to want to continue our little chat, let me ask you exactly HOW you think this casual game should be achieved, how it will keep out the wolves among the sheep, and why you think people who are playing "casually" should earn as much BP or XP as those who are working for it?

People who heckle and demand things from the DEV from the cheap seat are always endlessly fascinating to me. To hear you guys talk, balancing the game, fixing that bug, creating an alternate casual system is a snap. Why I'll bet you think you could have it coded and whipped up over a weekend right? The DEV, you know the people whose very jobs depend on this game being successful, they clearly don't know near as much as you. Why they should give you a job! There, now I'm trolling just a bit to make you happy.

Again, you can already play as casually as you like with people of like minds in a Custom Game. It exists as an option for you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The DEV created that with people who to set their own limits in mind. The complexity of the game for NORMAL matchmaking is already proving to be a tough nut for the company to crack. Now you want them to put another pot on the stovetop and somehow create this relaxed version where everyone taking part will magically conform to the standards you want? Really?

You still cant ######### read. Jesus #########. I literally said a casual mode would deserve some, but far less rewards. Your mention of ques was not your first point, I pointed out the flaws in your original points so you kept jumping ship until I agreed that it is the single POSSIBLE issue. I also mentioned how the influx of players would likely counteract that, but that both of us were being speculative which is unfair.

You keep going in circles, you keep backtracking, you cant ######### read.

I explained the point of all three gamemodes. I explained why literally every other major title has them. I explained the difference between a casual and custom gamemode. But because all you want to do is make... honestly really poor... analogies over and over again, and keep talking down to someone who is actual listing points and using examples while all you do is say "that cant work because... uh uh... I dont know how it would?" then you're just a ######### dipshit.

edited March 2021

All sound and fury, signifying nothing... I read every word you wrote. You stated what you wanted, what you think it will be, but not really how. That is a pretty big omission. And to recap, insulting me in no way strengthens your argument. In fact, it undermines you. Also, the fact that you can't keep up with my arguments, or understand them, doesn't mean they are wrong. I'm perfectly happy to let you keep making a fool of yourself, and discuss this for eternity with you. The longer we discuss it, the more clear it becomes to anyone (masochistic enough to still be reading) why your idea of a casual mode will never work. In short, you are the perfect sounding board for me. You make your position sound utterly ludicrous. But let's get into specifics...

1. How will you keep out the people who SAY they are there for a casual game but are really ruthless Killers?
    2. You say they will get less rewards for playing casual, but why should they get ANY rewards?
    3. And if they are getting rewards, what percentage are you suggesting?
    4. What metrics will be used to kick people out of the casual play?
    5. If someone is always winning, does that mean they aren't casual enough?
    6. Will we need another casual Que for those who find the one you suggest still too competitive?
    7. What about people who just make another account to pretend to be casual?
    8. Should people in the casual que be eligible for certain cosmetics, charms and such that people have to earn?
    9. And who will decide what (if any) special casual rules apply?
    10. And who decides what Killers, Perks, etc. are not fit for casual play?

I could keep going, and probably will as our discussion progresses. If you truly want this thing, then you need to give a LOT more specifics on how you think this will work, so we can figure out the unintended consequences. Going back to that earned rewards thing, let's talk some more about why some people should be able to earn ANY rewards and thus unlock certain things if they aren't really playing against the same odds as everyone else. Would casual preclude SWF, i.e. all casual games must be Solo then? A SWF is not casual for the Killer.

• mexicowlmexicowl Member Posts: 53

Man its almost like you didn't read the part saying "aside from kill your friends" and "I want to play with randoms and still ahve fun"

You know, thank you for actually having a decent response that provides a suggestion for a better way to work it. Much kinder than the other twats saying "go play another game" and "it wouldn't work"

You keep saying go play another game but the thing is that dbd is such a one of a kind game you don't have the option to just find another. There's knockoffs and similar but nothing quite with the same style of play like this. Those other games while still not being "chill" do have a higher rate of being able to relax and not facing tryhards. Its not meant to be perfect its meant to give a higher likelihood of less sweats. Your only good argument has been about not splitting the player base too much.

God you really lack some braincells the more of your "arguments" I read, you have now pointed out the reason "chill" modes don't exist to you is your own tryharding in every game. With such a competitive mindset as you put it you could never really see how these modes are more casual. You are part of why those modes fail to be truly casual. You also once again fail to remember that we want something for with random people, swf is only those you know/invite. Its not the same thing.

Same thing as another. You failed to read the part about "besides kyf so we can play with randoms."

edited March 2021

And let me point out the contradiction in your statement and desire. DbD is a one of a kind game, because it doesn't try to be like all the others. Perhaps, I'm just spitballing here, that is because it doesn't have a slower gear. Trying to shoehorn one in is just as likely to be bad for the game as good. And for the record, I didn't say "I" won't change it because it would split the Player base; I said why the DEV won't create a another Que. I don't get a say in those things; I merely understand why.

edited March 2021

Personal attacks are not an effective argument. There is a problem you are overlooking. I've pointed it out several times. Everyone defines a casual game differently. If you do your games with "random" people, they are unlikely to agree with your version of how it should be played. How exactly is this other Que to be defined? Who gets to decide? What if you create one, and there are people who still feel it is too competitive?

For the record, I never pretended to be anything but a competitive person. I would not be playing in the Que you are describing, or care what you do there. I want a hard game, a challenge. However, I do know that a lot of people don't want a challenge, but they like to WIN. Your casual game would just be a slaughterhouse where people, who preferring winning over effort, would slip in and proceed to play like a Tryhard. Do you see where I'm going with this? How would you keep them out? We already have people who sandbag themselves to go down and play newbies, and people who create new accounts to do the same. Do you really think they are going to have a problem with lying about being casual? :)

• OBXOBX Member Posts: 854

You have asked this question 10 times 10 different ways and still have yet to get it answered. I fear it likely won’t be answered since the answer is ultimately having the same exact Q we currently have except it will be labeled as casual.

edited March 2021

I know; they are avoiding answering it because they can't without proving my point. :) I just like making them squirm. I don't begrudge them the utopian ideal of this "casual" Que; it sounds nice in theory. It just doesn't work. It has never worked anywhere, and the particulars of DbD make the game particularly ill-suited to try it here.

• DragonshensiDragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

If people want a chill mode I suggest a game mode where the survivors and killers are all in a bar or coffee shop. Taking a break from matches and just talking and relaxing. I’m only half-kidding lol

• BioXBioX Member Posts: 1,378
    edited March 2021

love all these silly negative comments of "it wont work".

listen people, this mode would be ideal for allowing people to actually block other players so as to not play with them agian.

So if a killer or survivor is not adhearing to your idea of "chill" which is what that mode is all about, block them and move on.

This could completely work

Post edited by BioX on