Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Tunneling is worse than ever!

Comments

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,704

Nothing has changed. If you run DS now and get tunneled, it is the same as before when tunneled. Nothing you do in chase cancels the effect.

• I played a lot yesterday and I mean a lot and only 1 single game didn’t have an obsession.

I tunneled 2 survivors (Across 2 separate games) and both times they used DS against me.

I haven’t noticed any difference and the perk is still doing its job

• oh_salutationsoh_salutations Member Posts: 198

every since they nerfed ds no one uses it I never used ds all it does was piss off the killer even more ,

borrowed time requires a team mate to have the perk not everyone will have it

Camping doesn't help a killer but Proxy Camping does there are most likely 1-2 gens near the survivor when they are hooked the killer could rotate but still be near to the survivor when they get hooked and some killers could even skip the camping part Hag could put traps near there (some hag builds don't require you to set them off to teleport to them) and the twins Charlotte usually stays by the survivor while victor is roaming the map when some one gets the survivor she goes back to Charlotte.

• oh_salutationsoh_salutations Member Posts: 198

you have to keep in mind that killers proxy camp someone unhooks and the killer immediately goes after the survivor sometimes its not even 10 seconds of a hook. when a survivor is hooked that's 3 people on gens then someone has to save the survivor so its 2 people on a gen and some survivors are not in a team so there are times where multiple survivors stop what the are going to unhook so no-one is on a gen

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460

If nobody takes DS, yeah the Killer doesn't have any DS to fear. But this is a negative feedback loop created by the people claiming that DS sucks now "so don't take it." It is nonsense of course, but enough people threw a hissy and haven't been taking it so now there is no Obsession and the Killer knows there is no DS. :)

The simple fix is the system should always create an Obsession whether there is an Obsession Perk or not, or someone on the team simply needs to take DS or some OTHER Obsession Perk.

• VexTheHexVexTheHex Member Posts: 954

DS should be buffed to multiple (so 2) uses. I'm saying this as someone who doesn't use the perk.

• AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

That's why I bring Kindred. Most underrated perk in the game.

As for proxy camping? If he's watching the hook he's not patrolling gens. If you unhook someone and know the killer is there and don't have BT, the least you can do is take the protection hit so your teammates live.

And yes, I'm aware that sometimes you get crap teammates who will farm you, unfortunately there isn't a fix for that that doesn't punish everyone else.

• If the killer beelines straight for them then DS will still do it's job so it's a really bad play for the killer.

Personally I haven't seen an increase in tunneling, some days its bad some days its not so bad thats how dbd works. But for me as killer I have seen survivors bring DS every game but one.

• EcstasyEcstasy Member Posts: 393

Are the people getting tunneled wearing decisive strike?

In my experience, no.

Everyone ditched it and now they're actually tunneled where it legit still would've protected them. People stopped using (which is a really bad idea when it still represents a free end-game escape potentially) and killers know it.

EVERYONE can't eject it from their build immediately and still expect the fear of DS to do the job for you.

• sesawyer3127sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

I dont like to play killer and I worry a little for those who truly love ,,,I mean LOVE playing killer lol. Some of you killer mains love it so much you keep slashing players on the hook after they are dead??? Also, I find killer mains are the biggest babies who cry when they dont win 50 out of 50 games. I make the argument that killers win way to much,,,I have yet to see these longggggg string of swf victories that they keep complaining about.

• sesawyer3127sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

First, I play solo so I have no one helping me so there goes that argument. Plus, I rarely stay on the same gen because of killer pressure,,,you know the way the game is meant to be. When a killer hooks one survivor because they didnt like how we pallet stunned them or lead them on a long chase so they tunnel like its cool. I cant kill a killer theres a big difference. Tunneling is lazy game play to remove someone,,plus its kind of stupid because I will struggle on the hook (where I normally do not ever) simply to waste the tunnel/camping killer while gens are being done around them,,,so it really makes no sense to tunnel or camp for both sides.

• MarcoPoloYoloMarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

Define tunneling. More and more, I've noticed that the how the survivors use the term has broadened beyond the actual behavior people found annoying. Are you talking about immediately chasing a survivor off of the hook even when the unhooker is there to take agro, or are you talking about the killer chasing an injured survivor a little bit of time after the hook because the survivor decided to rush his objective instead of getting healed first? The former is not impacted at all. The only way it could is if a bunch of idiots on the killer side saw "DS Nerf" and didn't read the patch notes showing that DS still very much punishes their play style. The latter isn't tunneling.

The only killers that aren't impacted are the ones whom didn't tunnel, but aggressive survivors decided to hook bomb with an active DS and BT.

Way to completely misrepresent killer mains. Kind of toxic and ignorant.

• Tillablerhino44Tillablerhino44 Member Posts: 505

Yes that's about right it has gotten so bad that I only play with my friends.But it has been that way for a long time.Either except it.Or play something else.

• Friendly_BlendetteFriendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,498

Just run DS then

• CustomerServiceCustomerService Member Posts: 479

It's not that it's "Not as powerful and omnipotent"... it's basically useless thus nobody ever uses it.

• AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Whether you queue solo or with friends, if you do so as a survivor, you have 3 teammates, that's just how the game is designed.

And again you ascribe a motive that just doesn't really exist. Killers are very unlikely to tunnel just because they got stunned, believe it or not people who play killer tend to understand the mechanics of the game just as well as, if not more than the average Survivor main. They tunnel to build pressure and get better odds to play against.

So three things.

1 please recognize that as Survivor, you play on a team, maybe if you are a team player, they will be as well.

2. Don't take it personally that the killer realized 3v1 is a lot easier than 4v1 and so tunneled a survivor out. By all means do everything you can to stop it, being taking protection hits, flashlight or pallet stunning the killer, or just leaving extra scratch marks to confuse during the chase, but please stop taking things personally.

3. Always struggle, don't just ######### on hook, that lowers your score and helps make your team lose.

• Tillablerhino44Tillablerhino44 Member Posts: 505

Wow I don't have killers texting me telling me to get good and saying crap cause of an imaginary rule book that never exsisted in the first place.

• BumbusBumbus Member Posts: 600

All that tunneling fuss sounds exactly like moaning "muh early game" after the Ruin nerf.

You will adapt with time. Run kindred, run DS, run Iron Will and unhook safer. Get good at looping. There are many ways to make killer not tunnel you.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773

I wonder how significant the drop in Pyramid Head mains will be now that DS is going to be way less common.

• SeanzuSeanzu Member Posts: 7,096

This comparison makes no sense, survivors can't reasonably escape without doing gens, killers can, and always have been able to win without tunneling.

• burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 2,737

Yeah .... no. It still protects you the same from direct off the hook tunneling. But unlike before you can't opt for game progression but instead tealth and looking for help/healing and other survivor to take the heat.

If the killer slugs you off the hook it isn't different from the previous version.

I would even give it self-heal back because if they survivor is healing directly under the hook they give the killer abundant time to find them without any effort.

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 4,052

It was to easy to avoid for experienced players before, not so much now

• BumbusBumbus Member Posts: 600

It is still easy to avoid - just smash gens.

Or do totem early - if old Ruin got cleansed after 1 minute of the game it worked for that one minute at least, new Ruin will be 100% useless if survivors didn't leave gens, which is quite possible because killer's map pressure is quite minor in early game.

• ZaytexZaytex Member Posts: 841

Just put DS on.. JFC, people it's not that hard.

• SammiieK1991SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

I've had 20 + games and can guarantee most of those have been the trickster... not bad considering everyone hated him yesterday 😂 I've been tunnelled and sandbagged all day. However, the killer eventually rage quit because 3 gens then popped all the time he was wasting chasing me. 🤷‍♀️ its a game play and it's irritating. But always remember if you're continuously chased, they're wasting the own time on the patrol round gens and more at risk the other 3 escaping because he or she focused on the chase... I don't mind being chased but don't rage quit because you're 3 gens down and complain about it and get salty afterwards to those you can who's chats available. 😂

• BangBangBangBang Member Posts: 154

Bring DS, problem solved.

Seriously though, if you want to nerf tunneling, gen speed nerf or gen kicks buff are necessary to balance out.

Killers tunnel because they have to.