Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Please, stop complaining about "camping" or tunneling in end-game chats

2»

Comments

• LynnMoonLynnMoon Member Posts: 8

I had a game the other day. I was still learning Trickster. Only had maybe two perks at the time still. Game starts and I run straight into someone, when I hook them I turn around and two others were RIGHT there. So I chase after one, and the person gets pulled off hook. No biggie. The map was one of the in-door maps (sorry bad at map names lol).

So using my knives was a little hard at times and eventually I break chase to get them off gens. I run into the person I had hooked, get them again and hook them in the basement this time. Before I could even get far someone has booked it down to them and unhooked them. I turn around and go back and chase the person that unhooked. (having Tricksters perk, I wanna hook them all at least once)

As I'm chasing them they lead me straight to the person on death hook. That person darts in front of me and gets hit. Sighing I just hook them and move on. It's down to a 3v1 but they're now at 1 gen. (one of them I never even saw) While they only had 1 gen, they 3 gened themselves. So I go between the three gens, chasing them off of them. But not giving chase after any of them.

Eventually they get a gen down and leave. I only got the 1 person killed that match. At end game two of them started bitching at me for tunneling. I was so confused cause I didn't feel like I tunneled. As I talk with them (no bad words from me or them) they eventually say I was tunneling the purple rank. (which was one of them, that got out) The whole time I thought they meant the red rank (who was the only one I had killed). To a degree I could get why they'd of thought I tunneled the red rank, even though I didn't still....But they were talking about one of them. I never tunneled them...and they all got out..like what? I don't get it.

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,046

So by your logic. Killers shouldn't complain about Survivors teabagging and gen rushing im the end chat because these are also valid strategies right?

• JimbusCrimbusJimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,037

Survivor: "Nice tunneling, #########"

Me: Nice doing generators efficiently.

• SammiieK1991SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Mate I get chats like that all the time 😂 killer: "yeah nice gen rushing, top skill"

Me: " good one mate "

Killer: * No reply back*

Seriously dude, how else we supposed to get out? Climb a wall? 🙄

We all have objectives, survivors main one is to get the sodding hell out of there before we get our arses hooked.

Killers main one, crack on and find your prey.

Both sides objective... stop complaining, play the game and have fun. Too many people getting salty and crying their eyes out peeing their pants because they've lost.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,648

Some people just get angry for no reason. Doesn't matter if they win or lose. Makes you really wonder what's going on.

• ItzZane_ItzZane_ Member Posts: 949

Don't get mad when someone runs you around for 5 gens it's a strategy

• Tillablerhino44Tillablerhino44 Member Posts: 505

Kill 2 farm with two kill after max everything I kill them fast if you re the first one on the hook you better get good quick cause your dead.

• WarpheadWarphead Member Posts: 623

Survivors are ALWAYS going to accuse you of one or the other, it's part of their strategy to win without playing well.

The solution is to earn it, they're going to accuse you, don't argue, earn their tears.

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

The killer can only ever attempt to mitigate the pace of the game set by the survivors. If generators are too fast, tunneling/camping may be used. If the game is relatively normal and gens aren't flying, they may play more chill and give everyone 2 - 3 hooks each.

Point is, if the game goes too fast, then everyone wastes their time, but especially the killer. In order to get the points they need and keep the survivors in the match longer, they may resort to greasy tactics. Sometimes, even this isn't enough. You get the gameplay you enforce about 90% of the time on the survivor side.

That said, this kind of generator efficiency rarely happens in solo queue.

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

if you tunnel off the hook/facecamp survivors you deserve every single insult they give you. it may a strategy, but just what kind of strategy is that? and no, theres no counter to tunneling cuz youre just going to eventually use up all the good pallets and then get struck by noed. same goes for camping. no amount of skill can help you in these situations

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,802

I got called a scumbag last night for playing a meme build since I'm trying to get the multi-tasker achievement.

They were also a streamer so when I went to check out their stream at the end of game the first thing I heard was their buddy saying how I'm the kind of player who must have no friends in real life. I went back through the vod of the game and at one point they were even talking about reporting me for exploiting (exploiting what idk).

It's honestly insane how toxic survivors act towards another person just because they are losing the game.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,597

Those are the very people I'm preaching too when I say "dude, just fine another game already, you're obviously miserable in this one"

If people want a chill game, they need to find a game they can be chill in.

There are tons of games on the market now, many of them less than full price - people need to take advantage of that and find something they aren't going to be constantly angry in.

• Mrs_FairfieldMrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125

Why the bad word would anyone want to talk to other gamers? Turn the chat off.

• sad_killer_mainsad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

The problem doesn't root in the fact of having the chat turned on/off...It roots in how people misuse the chat.