Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The Shape: Problem? Or not?

Comments

• VerconisspVerconissp Member Posts: 1,469

Michael moves at 105% at t1.

Perhaps you're just not playin' michael right my guy..

I have no issues getting downs and timing my t2-t3 right,

Gf doesn't compare up to Michael imho

• NegiNegi Member Posts: 354

He definitely isn't the worst killer in the game, there are multiple killers worse. His T1 needs to get abolished though, it's just an unneeded hindrance. Change the scratched mirror addons to still emulate the build, but get T1 outta here.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,498

Favourite killers to play against. Sadly a rare opponent.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,206

He has a smaller terror radius but only has complete stealth when he is handicapped in t1

He can’t snowball when he has little in the form of anti loop and can barely catch up to survivors holding W

Vaulting speed is nice but underwhelming and lunge is okay but it isn’t enough against decent survivors especially since his TR is normal now

Really? Infectious is okay but survivors will just B line holding W and it isn’t worth chasing them at that point

Tombstone piece is arguably OP I’ll agree but tbf I’m talking about no addons since they change his playstyle a lot

GF can do that too

Again fast vault is nice but not very useful in most cases

edited April 2021

GF also doesn't have Anti-loop...

On small maps. he can easily just as snowball as ever,

You'd be surprised with all the deadzones

No addons? 60 seconds of exposed on everyone vs like 45 seconds of expose on one single person,

Which can also reset the meter if he also whacks that said survivor w/o exposing them Fully,

Mikey still wins in this situation,

• ClownIsUnderratedClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Pretty much a D Tier killer, basically fighting it out with Trapper as to who can take top spot on D Tier. At least he's better than Trickster

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,206

Ghostface has stealth/undetectable on demand

He has similar amounts to Myers. Crouching at loops and red stain removal are both decent but neither can antiloop at all

Dead zones help Ghostface equally so long as you’re either exposing them or keeping them injured

Yes and Ghostface can 99 multiple people for later on and can’t actually run out of stalking power

But Myers activates once and is forced to use the whole thing while Ghostface can stalk 3 people to 99 and pick each of them off

If they are 99 don’t reset the meter

This Isn’t even going into Ghostface other form of snowballing that being the hit and run strategy which is something Myers can’t do due to his fairly lackluster stealth ability

Not to mention Myers has a hellish start with t1 which good survivors will abuse and have multiple gens done before you even get T2

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,711

at least I can 4k with him unlike trickster who i get 1k to 0k every match.

• sad_killer_mainsad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

the only thing I would change is fix his stalk bar bug

Ugh that's an annoying one.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 7,257

Problem. Garbage killer, crazy af add-ons to make up for it.

• SammiieK1991SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Character wise.

I agree with the balance of perks! They're not too bad of perks just need to be quicker quicker activate. He's not a bad killer at all, I'd say the worst ones for me will be trapper and the trickster! Least with Michael you get that one hit bang in. And trickster takes 30 knives to down someone. 😂🤣

• SammiieK1991SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Always a pleasure to play against him, turning my cam round to face behind me whilst i fix a gen and there he is to he found crouching behind me 😂 it's an instant thought of "yup I'm screwed" 🤣

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 2,308

The only problem is that he is the King and he’s not as strong as he should be.

• I think people underrate Myers. I used to do it myself, on paper he has nothing in his kit that helps him on the level that other kills have. However in practice, especially with M&A and infectious fright, its surprising how little survivors notice him coming. Slugging in tier 3 can buy him huge amounts of pressure, he can defend hooks, and he can avoid a number of dead hards unlike other m1 killers. He's not amazing but he's definitely not as bad as people think. He just takes some getting used to and the confidence to slug a lot.

• DwigthtDwigtht Member Posts: 462
    edited April 2021

My only problem with Myers is slow game start with T1. It is kinda sometimes cool because you could grab a survivor of gen, but I don't remember when that happened last time.

Killer without addons is too weak.

Killer with addons -- is OP. I like his OP addons, so I would rather not strive to update the killer, remembering the last Billy rework with useless new addons... meh

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773

Been playing him for 4 years. I know what he is and isn't capable of. He's extremely outdated at this point, you only win if the survivors let you.

I've been playin him since he came out.. it's still not that hard to even try and win with michael nowadays in pub games my friend..

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,877

"He's at the mercy of the loop"

Yeah.....so is every other M1 killer in the game....and I haven't seen any issue since infinites are gone.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,877

Honestly if they were to update Michael in anyway without nerfing the ######### out of his kit. They'd remove the speed debuff.

True. But whilst some killers can only be beaten by the absolute top tier of survivors in the hands of a good killer (nurse, spirit) any half decent team can absolutely cream a micheal player if they have a decent grasp of looping. At that point all Micheal has going for him is a 99% stalk, which once triggered has to be built again.

He's like Legion, his success is entirely dependant on the survivors misplays. I can play as him and easily win against solo, but I can point out every situation where they gave me the win.

I've been saying for a while that simply removing EW1 would at least help with his weak early game. It serves no purpose since they nerfed it to allow Spine Chill detection.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,680
    edited April 2021

IMO he's aged pretty poorly. Not as bad as, like, Trapper, but he could use some buffs and QoL adjustments.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,967

Red rank Mikey main here. While there is some quality of life changes he could do with he still a solid mid tier killer, and perfectly viable at red ranks. I've been maining him for nearly four years now and consistently do well with him. I just love the versatility he has with builds and play styles. So much fun.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 3,125

He has never had any nerfs like survivors have had since his release. Once upon a time you could stab him when he first picked you up as it was intended. At least he has a little counterplay, where you might actually find a pallet still standing.

That was just launch DS. It worked that way with everyone. He did get -technically- one tiny buff. Survivors used to hear specific music, the stalk theme from the movie, when micheal was stalking them. It was a cool detail but it made it way too easy to hide from him.

• AVoiceOfReasonAVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,688

Give him a faster pallet break animation in Tier 3 and let him stalk multiple survivors like he use too with a slightly faster movement speed (Tier 1 Bloodlust in Tier 3) and he'll be scary as ######### lol.

• JasmineDragonJasmineDragon Member Posts: 372

there are two easy solutions.

Survs regain their ability to be stalked slowly

He can stalk multiple people at once for an increase speed in stalk

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

there is a problem. he's my main and i really hate how his t3 doesnt have any more benefits besides one hit and more movement speed. stalking should also completely remove his terror radius even if he's in t2 cuz why call it stalking when the survivors are clearly aware of your presence. his addons are also really busted, they either make him overpowered or barely make a difference. youll rarely see a michael with reasonable addons. overall, hes outdated which is sad considering hes one of the most iconic killers in dbd which partially explains why ghostface has so many more unique mechanics

Any good survivor team can beat Any killer,

This game is literally built on Survivor's mistakes 100%

I just wish our boi just got a addon rework, ultra rares are fine as he stands, (for said achievement)

But he just needs love... Like with what wraith got =D